• Guest, RaceDepartment is now on Discord!  Join Here

rF2 | Portland Released, GTE Updated And More

Dietmar

1000RPM
Jun 22, 2008
Wondering why they did not do an Endurance package with ALL the GTE cars .. (the f488 is missing), and even better they should have published a 'Le Mans Pack' right after the event with all cars and the track. I think they lost some traction with the delay.
At least I was thinking after the event and after I read about the pack, I am going to buy it.... now with the delay and the package not being complete the temptation is not that big anymore....

(just to be sure, it is not about money!)

DonZmeuheu

100RPM
Feb 2, 2019
There are forums and Google for that
I must say woww....instead of helping this guy to enjoy RFactor2
This is a forum , WTF is wrong with you guys, so salty.

@pcraenme thankyou
When somebodys username is Egoist....dont expect a nice chat with such a guy. But I agree RD Forum is extremly salty.....there must be a bunch of bitter dudes behind their desks;)

Jul 22, 2017
Silverstone corner 1. A "seam" at the meshes causes a spike so in some situations the car loses control.
Like the FISI 2012 with DRS open.
You can see the seam looking at the wireframe.

Cote Dazur

SIM Addict
May 21, 2013
I'm tempted to finally buy rF2. I still think some of the DLCs are overpriced, however.
RF2 is an absolute essential part of a healthy SIM diet, no cupboard (library) can be considered well stuffed until you have RF2.
You might like it a lot or like it a little, but this is high quality craftsmanship. For the petty discounted price you get a classic. Enjoy!

avenger82

Krzysztof Maj
Nov 5, 2011
Ok now im buying rf2 plus the track pack,GT3 pack and endurance pack,,, anyone able to recommend some G29 settings please??
Theres not much to set in rF2. Most important is increasing minimum force. It should be aroun 10% , don’t know exactly.
In game you’d probably need to reduce FFB multi for most cars.

Reactions: dcully

eg01st

250RPM
Jul 28, 2018
I must say woww....instead of helping this guy to enjoy RFactor2

When somebodys username is Egoist....dont expect a nice chat with such a guy. But I agree RD Forum is extremly salty.....there must be a bunch of bitter dudes behind their desks;)
So we're playing white knights and shitting on each others usernames now? Guess I missed the memo. If you didn't care to read, I told him in a post after that I wasn't being salty, just that this wasn't the fastest place to get that info.

But if that's being salty in your book then so be it. At least you stood up for someone today, and feel real good about yourself, good for you, buddy :thumbsup:

Reactions: Michael Tobin

Darren Byrne

25RPM
Premium
Oct 5, 2017
whats the best way to race online within rf2? I shouldnt really have to ask this which is kinda sad, but obviously the servers are mostly locked with leauges. Are there any popular leauge websites out there?

johnnymat

250RPM
Premium
Jan 10, 2010
Been waiting for the gte updates, curious if they're better to drive now then they have been.
I think at least the Corvette is better. I did a 10 lap race at Sebring, and I thought the Vette was a little less tail-happy.

eg01st

250RPM
Jul 28, 2018
whats the best way to race online within rf2? I shouldnt really have to ask this which is kinda sad, but obviously the servers are mostly locked with leauges. Are there any popular leauge websites out there?
I heard that RaceDepartment Premium members are having their races. So if you pay for premium you get access to racing. Just played rF2, most players were 4 people in new Silverstone with USF17. Public mp is a graveyard sadly...

jonelsorel

250RPM
Apr 24, 2009
Well considering all other sims have a recommended starting point for G29 then why not?
recommended wheel rotation etc, for a start , i could go on
If you're into sims, you always let the game decide your wheel rotation, for a start. You don't really want to be using 900 degrees when your car only has 540, lock to lock. No matter what your wheel. I'm sure you can go on.. :thumbsup: