rF2: Porsche 911 GT3 R Confirmed - Releases "Soon"

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
rF2 Porsche New DLC.jpg

Studio 397 have confirmed the lovely Porsche 911 GT3 R will be arriving in rFactor 2 very soon indeed.

Set to be added to the simulation as part of the long term licencing deal with the Porsche brand that has already seen the 911 GTE join rF2's growing endurance racing content ranks, Studio 397 took to social media earlier today to confirm the epic 911 GT3 R is already well into development, and should be added to the title in the very near future.

Very much just a teaser image and brief text at this stage, no details on either exact release date or pricing have been confirmed by Studio 397, nor if the 911 GT3 R will form part of a wider content release, but one thing is for sure - it is again reassuring to see Studio 397 working hard to release new and exciting content to what is most certainly one of the most rapidly improving racing simulations available today.

Alongside the teaser image reveal, Studio 397 also suggested that the next build update to rFactor 2 looks set to include the much anticipated new shader technology, hopefully helping the title to continue to improve the increasing visual fidelity that has been brought to the simulation over recent updates.

rFactor 2 is available exclusively for PC from Steam now.

Check out the rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for all the latest news and discussion with regards to the simulation. You can take part in lively debates with fellow rFactor 2 fans and take part in some great Club and League racing events..! Head over to the forum now!

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

By formula you mean F1 specifically or any type of open wheeler?
Because if its openwheelers, they are introducing at least 6 types of Tatuus Formula cars in to the SIM :). Not as fast as a F1 or F2, but still very nice to drive :)
He said Formula E =Gen 2 .
I'm very excited about those tatuus too:thumbsup:
----------------
I still have hope they'll introduce new f1 car for the McLaren shadows final.
If they don't i'm pretty sure next year we'll see at least 1 Modern F1 car in rfactor2.(maybe for next year's mclaren shadow)

Porsche was using a GT3 Cup car in rF2 during the Sim Expo back in August and considering they have a license with Porsche, I'm pretty confident it's in the works too
Actually that car exists for almost two years now and it's a cup car we built for Porsche for training drivers. Obviously Porsche don't need a license to use their own cars! They did license rFactor 2 for this purpose.

He said Formula E =Gen 2 .
I'm very excited about those tatuus too:thumbsup:
----------------
I still have hope they'll introduce new f1 car for the McLaren shadows final.
If they don't i'm pretty sure next year we'll see at least 1 Modern F1 car in rfactor2.(maybe for next year's mclaren shadow)
HOHH
I didn't see the "e" LOL
Well we will have to wait and see, but S397 as been very active on the content sides of things :)

I just guess the 991.2 is still a bit too young to take part in a sim. But with the "old"/current model we'll get that beauty of a steering wheel, so everything's fine =)

Now Marcel tease us some liveries

Just joking, I'm not adding for anything as I'll just be a happy happy sim racer with the upcoming releases =) :inlove:

I just guess the 991.2 is still a bit too young to take part in a sim. But with the "old"/current model we'll get that beauty of a steering wheel, so everything's fine =)

Indeed it was too young, since we obviously started working on these cars some time ago and had to make decisions about the exact models back then. That said, I am still confident that we will bring you some nice cars with maybe a surprise or two.

Frankly, i don't like modern GT's but i think is EXTREMELY good news since a lot of people want those cars.

I really hope for more touring cars of 70/80/90's though, since a lot of F1 eras are pretty covered already but not those type of cars.

IMHO the best would be 3 of the remaining Ferrari, Lambo, Audi, Honda, Nissan, Toyota (preferably 3 of the first 4 :)) to complete a 5 cars pack (but maybe there is more chances to see the 2019 Bentley) + the 720S as a free shadow car (wasn't it supposed to be 5 free McLaren cars?) and a good demo of the GT3 packs + finally the possibility to join a server without owning all cars (I hope it will come with the new UI, that's a serious problem right now and will be even more with 2 packs of the same category).

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 357 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 251 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 179 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.3%