rF2 perennial twilight lighting?

Discussion in 'rFactor 2' started by Sk3ptik0n, Jun 14, 2014.

1. Sk3ptik0n

Sk3ptik0n

Ratings:
    +222
    The last few times I have been driving rF2 on various tracks I noticed that it seems to be a lot darker than I remembered.
    I eventually also noticed that as time progressed it wasn't really getting lighter or darker, just sort of a perennial twilight.

So, to make sure, today I set practice at 12:00 noon and set the weather to clear skies.
    I went on track and nothing really changed. The shadows looked noonish, but they are so faint you really have to pay attention. Most of all, I didn't see the sun in the sky at all. So I changed to later in the day and the lighting was still the same. Sun still absent. I also turned FXAA on and off and couldn't really see a difference.

the last practice I did was at Lime Rock and when I turned on the headlights at 1:00pm on a clear day they were bright and actually quite useful to see the road. I should not be able to see my headlights so defined in the early afternoon.

So I figured these are the options:

1) Something is wrong with the way my rF2 is setup
    2) There is something wrong with rF2 in general
    3) A malevolent superior race that lives in the ISI universe has stolen the sun for their nefarious purposes

Which is it?

2. Blkout

Blkout

Ratings:
    +584
    3. It is...

[​IMG]

3. Miroslav Davidovic

Miroslav Davidovic

Ratings:
    +323
    Bullshit.

If you can't see the sun at all then there is something wrong with the install. I don't need headlights at midday nor do I notice a change when I switch them on.

4. Bez

Bez
    All the gear, no idea...

Ratings:
    +168
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    screens i just grabbed 1pm lime rock, i tried with and without headlights and couldnt see any difference on screen

5. Sk3ptik0n

Sk3ptik0n

Ratings:
    +222
    I don't see those kind of shadows at Lime Rock at all. It is twilights no matter the time a day. I haven't tried to set it to nighttime but I'll try later. I guess I'll have to install it all over again.

Thank you for confirming this for me.

6. Ryan Soucy

Ryan Soucy
    Premium

Ratings:
    +116
    I had that problem in PCars when I had AA as 2 or 4. If I set is higher than that it was fine. Performance was bad though, so I turned off AA altogether and its bright again. And also still looks amazing!

7. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi

Ratings:
    +23
    Corrado, do you have eht HDR enable?