rF2: Palm Springs Speedway Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
rf2.jpg

ISI have released their latest Third Party Affiliate (3PA) circuit for rFactor 2, Palm Springs Raceway (better known as Homestead Speedway).

Featuring 2 different infield course layouts and the full oval configuration, this latest release weighs in at 152Mb and can be downloaded either directly from the ISI website, or for Steam users, from the excellent Steam Workshop function.

This new content adds yet another oval option for those with a taste for the recently released Stock Car content, or a solid infield road course not unlike a mini Daytona in its feel and flow.

Owners of rFactor 2 can enjoy this latest content against the sim's admittedly decent AI or alternatively can trade paints at over 200mph with their fellow humans right here at the RaceDepartment rFactor 2 Racing Club... come join the fun!

The different layouts available to download are:

Speedway – 1.5-mile oval
Far different to the regular ‘cookie cutter’ 1.5-mile ovals, Palm Springs is a true oval shape that often provides multiple racing grooves.

Road course A – 2.18-mile road course
This flat but challenging road course only uses the front straight/pit area of the oval as well as the back straight. The blend of slow to medium speed turns makes for a challenging race.

Road course B – 2.27-mile road course
This flat but challenging road course departs the oval into turn 1, then uses the infield for a flat and challenging diversion until it exits back onto the oval out of turn 2; It then uses the rest of the oval, including turns 3 and 4.

Have you tried this latest edition to rF2, or have you been enjoying any of the new content recently? Let us know in the comments section below!

rf21.jpg rf22.jpg rf24.jpg

Soooooooooo has anyone driven this thing then yet?

I've turned some laps briefly and like it quite a lot actually, its a very typical Amercian infield oval track, its pretty good imo.

What do you guys all think? Especially interested to hear about the oval with Nascar stuff as I don't know much about this side of things, but I'm looking to get involved in it in the future once I've finished my league commitments..

Cheers

Did Road course B and it is good fun - infield is maybe a tad mickey mouse but its good for small single seaters and smaller tintops.
Quality of the track graphics is very good and fps also nice and high - sets the benchmark which some add-on rF2 track developers would be wise to follow
One thing I did notice is the AI is pretty amazing - almost human - they block, they attack, they recover, they even dive bomb!!! and they make real life style mistakes - very cool!

A Heads Up: Be aware that ISI's Stockcars won't automatically upgrade for a Speedway setup for "Palm Springs" even if your server is set for forced upgrades until ISI includes a Speedway Track Config setup in a later patch. My friend came on my server and discovered that he was using a Road Config setup! lol

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 293 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 204 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%
  • < 5 years