rF2: New Tatuus Formula Cars - Talk 'n' Drive (Video)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
We take out a selection of the upcoming Tatuus open wheel cars for a spin in rFactor 2.

Set to release to the rFactor 2 simulation later today, I've been lucky enough to get hold of this new content a little bit earlier than most, taking the opportunity to put together a quick video sharing my thoughts and experiences with the new cars as I head out onto the circuit for the first time.

Admission time... this isn't the most spectacularly well put together video I've ever done. Basically I managed to get hold of the cars late on Wednesday night, and pretty much worked into the early hours of Thursday morning to put a video together - so it might come across a bit rushed in parts.. sorry!

Regarding the cars themselves, I've now driven all six and I must admit they are rather impressive indeed. As is befitting a title of rFactor 2's standards, each car is a fantastic drive and gives back to the player some excellent feedback through the force feedback wheel. Added to the fact these are low powered open wheel cars, always a recipe for fun times, and I'll honestly admit they offer up some of the most fun I've had in quite a while when driving a virtual racing car.

Anyway, enough of that, enjoy the video, and more to the point enjoy the cars once they release for rF2 later today!

rF2 Tatuus.jpg

rFactor 2 is a PC exclusive racing sim from Studio 397 - Available now.

Check out the rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussion regarding this excellent sim. Like your racing hard and fair? Join in with our rFactor 2 Racing Club for all your eSport racing fun! Oh, don't forget we like mods to, with our own rFactor 2 Modding Forum for you to enjoy!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
Great video Paul thanks.
They all look great, the FT50 really stands out to me with the exception of those mirrors they're huge.
I know these are all low powered driver cars but it would be great if one had a central rear view camera giving us a small LCD in the cockpit eliminating those mirrors.
But, then the models would not be true to real life.

Got rF2 reinstalled and running last night in anticipation of this release. First time I've run it with my new 1660ti - actually runs VR very nicely now. I might give these a try...

If you can find the right content, rF2 can be a lot of fun. I will get a gazillion dislikes for this, but will say it anyways - I've found the vast majority of rF2 mods to be pretty shoddy (even the ones I've heard people swear to be good). They just don't drive right. A lot of the ISI/S397 stuff is good quality in my experience (have not tried the Reiza stuff).

I will get a gazillion dislikes for this, but will say it anyways - I've found the vast majority of rF2 mods to be pretty shoddy (even the ones I've heard people swear to be good). They just don't drive right. A lot of the ISI/S397 stuff is good quality in my experience (have not tried the Reiza stuff).

I agree, there is some content that hasn't been updated to the new shaders and materials S397 have implemented into the game. Which is such a shame, there's many good tracks out there that modders haven't updated. But there's some 3rd party content out there that are absolute gems :thumbsup:

The Cosworth wheel has "Cosworth" on it because it's Cosworth Electronics product. Yes, the British F3 does have a Duratec Cosworth engine, but the British F3 also features the Cosworth Electronics - CFW277 (steering wheel), Cosworth ECU and data logger. You can find the same steering wheel on the Tatuus PM-18, as it uses the same Cosworth Electronics but is Mazda that powers them (which I had to highlight as you said in the video it's a Cosworth engine, which it is not). Same story with the USF-17, Mazda engine but Cosworth Electronics products. Cosworth Electronics and Cosworth Powertrain are owned by Cosworth, but operate under two different factory/businesses. Hope this clears it up, only the British F3 is a Cosworth engine but the USF-17 and PM-18 use the same Cosworth steering wheel. I appreciate it's not common knowledge, but just like to set the record straight!

Just tried the cars out and the excessive moving (Bumpiness) of the car on the Imola track is making me feel ill in VR. This is the first time I've had this in almost 12 months of playing Sims in VR. Great edition to the content though.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 97 12.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 73 9.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 78 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 50 6.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 106 13.7%