rF2: New Nordschleife Preview - Release Soon?

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
rF2 Nurburgring Preview.jpg

Chris Elliot of Studio 397 has released a mighty looking new preview image of the upcoming Nordschleife circuit heading to rFactor 2 soon.

We first heard about the plans for rF2 to include one of the most spectacular tracks in motorsport back at the 2018 Sim Racing Expo held at the same venue, and now just over 12 months later it appears as if a release into the public build of the game isn't far away at all.

Having already confirmed at Expo 2019 that development is very far advanced, Chris Elliot has teased the community yet further today, posting a nice new image of the latest version of the track with the tempting "Counting The Days" caption proudly displayed at the foot of the picture - suggesting we maybe don't have too long left to wait until release day is finally upon us.

So, who's looking forward to this one then?

rFactor 2 is a racing simulation exclusively available for PC.

For more news from the world of rFactor 2, check out the RaceDepartment rFactor 2 sub forum and join in with the community discussion. If you like racing in a clean and fun environment online, why not check out the RaceDepartment rFactor 2 Racing Club? Get yourself in on the action!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
Because it's clear as day not important, it's just a <insert expletive> tag line, dear God will the need to find something wrong never end!?!?
Facepalm... Where's my facepalm?!
Question is why such unimportant stuff needs to be posted in the first place then.
Maybe the devs could stop dropping us empty little hype-snipes and simply deliver when it's ready.
But they don't because they need/want to do some advertising, interacting with the community and keeping us hungry.
And when you do this, you could as well get some common sense and do it right instead of triggering the people that you mean the most to.

If you think this is all not important enough to complain about, why are you complaining about the complainers then and not simply only read the first post, drink your beer and continue not caring?

In terms of counting days.. I really hope that the rF2 is not counting it's days, because it is my FAV sim, and I hope to see it just higher and higher.

I see that S397 made big efforts to make rF2 more attractive, by making it nicer and more approachable which is great and worked nicely so far. But not enough in my opinion.

It feels bad when you have some simple reasonable criticism for some visual aspects of the content/artwork, or some other visual bits. And you have to reinforce your morale if you want to give that feedback, because then you get opposed by long time users.

If I give IMO good feedback about what IMO is lacking. I get cliche responses like "rF2 is not [something visual] simulator", "when I drive I look at the apexes". If rF2 keeps relying on that, then it will never get great.

Though the bright side is that people who are not that much into eyecandy stuff, are usually more focused into physics, so thats great. But on the other hand, how can you understand car handling if you don't see plain obvious graphical stuff.

Soo.... I hope rF2 itself is not counting days.

Last edited:
Dont talk in that way about the NORDSCHEILFE! I love it like other Germans, too!!! Thank you S397 for realising the best track of the world finally. ;)
Loving it is not a problem, but ppl that hype this track should be more honest about its importance and use in a sim, especially something like rF2 that needs more mainstream tracks for the comp system instead of something that will be used once a year
For example, I'd rather have Barber or Mid Ohio than Spa. Am I going to be crazy and say those 2 tracks would be better for rF2 in this moment than Spa? No way, that would be extremely dumb to say (and so is when Nords hypetrain do it about this track)

If you think this is all not important enough to complain about, why are you complaining about the complainers then and not simply only read the first post, drink your beer and continue not caring?

Because it's tiring to read the same negative outlook on anything posted on RD no matter what the subject, the more voice they have the worse this place will become so it needs people like me with common sense to bring them back down to planet earth and make them realise that there really isn't ANYTHING worth complaining about in the first place and that their comments are simply silly!

Complaining for the sake of complaining (like this tag line nonsense) is boring, it'll be good if people focused more on the good of what will come instead of finding SOMETHING to hate!

Because it's tiring to read the same negative outlook on anything posted on RD no matter what the subject, the more voice they have the worse this place will become so it needs people like me with common sense to bring them back down to planet earth and make them realise that there really isn't ANYTHING worth complaining about in the first place and that their comments are simply silly!

Complaining for the sake of complaining (like this tag line nonsense) is boring, it'll be good if people focused more on the good of what will come instead of finding SOMETHING to hate!
I mostly agree on this! I just think that it's a bit different with this one.
Imo that tag line is kinda actively triggering people with an unnecessary phrasing, whereas the standard "rd community hates everything" is more like "here is a new car for free!" - > "where is the ui?!"

If you do the soon-tm thing to your community for multiple years you simply shouldn't use soon-tm thing with another thing.
We already had 3x "Nordschleife is coming" so please spare us with another "but now.. Now it's really coming soon guys!" :roflmao:

All this drama because of a freakin' tweet. I wonder why RD even made a news from that single tweet, when the release seems to be just a few days away. How about some usefull news, like news about new mods for the various platforms. There is plenty of those and most people don't know what they miss.

Loving it is not a problem, but ppl that hype this track should be more honest about its importance and use in a sim, especially something like rF2 that needs more mainstream tracks for the comp system instead of something that will be used once a year
For example, I'd rather have Barber or Mid Ohio than Spa. Am I going to be crazy and say those 2 tracks would be better for rF2 in this moment than Spa? No way, that would be extremely dumb to say (and so is when Nords hypetrain do it about this track)

Maybe not for all, but for the most Germans a racingsim without the world famoust track Die Nordschleife feels uncomplete. In short... if you want to sell a Racingsim to a German put Die Nordschleife in it! :cool:

Maybe not for all, but for the most Germans a racingsim without the world famoust track Die Nordschleife feels uncomplete. In short... if you want to sell a Racingsim to a German put Die Nordschleife in it! :cool:
Think that's the same for British blokes and Brands, Donnington or Silverstone
Then again a lot of race fans just love a good circuit so throw in Le Mans, Spa, Monza, Laguna, Sebring, Road America, Sonoma, Zolder etcetera ad infinitum :thumbsup:

the Nordschleife is important, atleast in an offline scenario (offline is not dead) it is one of the better additions, it may not suit the comp system (i don´t know about that, never raced online and never will I), but thats also unimportant, its enough of a famous track that it needs to be in major titles (such as rF2), its also a fun one so very good move to get that on out now

but i agree with you that barber and mid-ohio would be a very good addition, or any of the IMSA and Indycar tracks

As it seems, I'm the only guy who's interested in historical content.
Not at all. A lot of active forum users love historical content. Problem is that they're vocal minority, when it comes to online races.
I love sitting in an overpowered historic car with no grip, battle it through the green hell and trying not to die.
Well, there are plenty of overpowered historic cars out there. What I'd really like though, is underpowered historic car with barely any grip or brakes, which would require a lot of bravery to keep on the peak and beyond, like all the time. like Cortina, the 2.0 911 from 60's, lotus 23b, Saab 96, Alfa Giulietta Sprint etc.

IT'S JUST A TAG LINE... THERE'S NO NEED FOR ANY FEEDBACK FFS!!!!1
I shouldn't really respond to you, but...

You know what the funny thing about "it's such a small thing, there's no need for feedback" attitude is?

It can be applied to pretty much anything you personally don't find important.

An unfortunate tagline that makes it look like the developer is mocking the fans? Come on, man, it's just a tagline! Grab a beer! No need for any feedback ffs!
Car has badly aligned instrument cluster? Come on, man, it's just a dashboard and the information is still there! Grab a beer! No need for any feedback ffs!
Gear ratios are wrong on a car? Come on, man, it's just gear ratios, makes barely any difference! Grab a beer! No need for any feedback ffs!
The game lags when someone joins the server? Come on, man, it's just a momentary lag during a long race! Grab a beer! No need for any feedback ffs!
The UI is hard to navigate and confusing? Come on, man, it's just a UI you barely see! Grab a beer! No need for any feedback ffs!

Anything can be trivialized.

And as for the "rd community hates everything", I kinda get where you're coming from, but if you only focus on the negative and ignore the positive, then you will obviously hate the community for what it is, because it consists of hundreds of people and it's pretty much inevitable that their tastes, wishes and priorities differ, so they will inevitably complain about a very wide range of things. Doesn't mean they do it with ill intent, doesn't mean complaining is inherently negative, and doesn't mean they do nothing but complain. It's just that you focus on those complains. There are indeed some people who generally do nothing but complain, but they can usually be fairly easily identified (and ignored).

And BTW, a personal tip if I may - if you start feeling like everyone is just complaining about anything and everything for no reason and you feel like "community X hates everything", it tends to be a pretty reliable sign that *you* are losing your ability to view things objectively and should probably take a break. Even a few hours or a day can help a lot. Because if you don't take that break and go on, you can end up making a fool out of yourself pretty quickly.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 228 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 157 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 156 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 222 14.3%