rF2: New Nordschleife Preview - Release Soon?

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
rF2 Nurburgring Preview.jpg

Chris Elliot of Studio 397 has released a mighty looking new preview image of the upcoming Nordschleife circuit heading to rFactor 2 soon.

We first heard about the plans for rF2 to include one of the most spectacular tracks in motorsport back at the 2018 Sim Racing Expo held at the same venue, and now just over 12 months later it appears as if a release into the public build of the game isn't far away at all.

Having already confirmed at Expo 2019 that development is very far advanced, Chris Elliot has teased the community yet further today, posting a nice new image of the latest version of the track with the tempting "Counting The Days" caption proudly displayed at the foot of the picture - suggesting we maybe don't have too long left to wait until release day is finally upon us.

So, who's looking forward to this one then?

rFactor 2 is a racing simulation exclusively available for PC.

For more news from the world of rFactor 2, check out the RaceDepartment rFactor 2 sub forum and join in with the community discussion. If you like racing in a clean and fun environment online, why not check out the RaceDepartment rFactor 2 Racing Club? Get yourself in on the action!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
Sebring generally rates higher than Le Sarthe, but not by a huge margin. Biggest complaint about the LM circuit were the trees lining the outside of Tetre Rouge.
From early screen shot previews, some users familiar with Nords claim there is not enough trackside shrubberies. (yes, stealing from Monty Python) And shadows were blocky. The above image seems to put to rest any issues with shadows.
Again, very little quibbling about the racing surface, but immersion details jump out at some users.

Does the "counting the days" tagline refer to the release of the Nordschleife, or is that a new rF2 general tagline?

Seriously, guys, I'm quite looking forward to the Nordschleife (despite the fact that I can drive it in pretty much any sim), I also quite like rF2 despite its flaws (because it also has quite a few strengths), but honestly, whoever came up with that tagline...it was a pretty bad idea IMO. Both considering the Nordschleife release keeps kinda slipping back (understandable, but still), and considering the general issue with rF2 being at this point pretty much synonymous with "delays" within the substantial part of the community.

Your fans have been counting days for years in some cases. We don't need to be reminded. It just comes off as a weird joke on your part.

(And I know I'm not alone here, because I've already seen quite a few people expressing similar sentiments on the strange choice of the tagline.)

Sebring generally rates higher than Le Sarthe, but not by a huge margin. Biggest complaint about the LM circuit were the trees lining the outside of Tetre Rouge.
From early screen shot previews, some users familiar with Nords claim there is not enough trackside shrubberies. (yes, stealing from Monty Python) And shadows were blocky. The above image seems to put to rest any issues with shadows.
Again, very little quibbling about the racing surface, but immersion details jump out at some users.
It's not very important, but I agree - the trees at Tertre Rouge look terrible and the trees are weak at all in rF2 graphics, but it's mainly a track

Does the "counting the days" tagline refer to the release of the Nordschleife, or is that a new rF2 general tagline?

Seriously, guys, I'm quite looking forward to the Nordschleife (despite the fact that I can drive it in pretty much any sim), I also quite like rF2 despite its flaws (because it also has quite a few strengths), but honestly, whoever came up with that tagline...it was a pretty bad idea IMO. Both considering the Nordschleife release keeps kinda slipping back (understandable, but still), and considering the general issue with rF2 being at this point pretty much synonymous with "delays" within the substantial part of the community.

Your fans have been counting days for years in some cases. We don't need to be reminded. It just comes off as a weird joke on your part.

(And I know I'm not alone here, because I've already seen quite a few people expressing similar sentiments on the strange choice of the tagline.)
Yes, release later than estimated, but the date was never announced, so it's a half-empty conversation, but I agree - the slogan is not quite appropriate

• Deleted member 875593

So... in any case of emergency they could always say "counting the days til the next screenshot!". Or they simply mean we should start counting days. Just count days, guys. I think its safer to write it down cause the number will be not be one-place. :laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 133 13.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 103 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 95 9.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 71 7.0%
  • < 5 years