rF2 | New Nürburgring Layouts and Plenty of Updates Now Available

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Studio 397 have been busy - three new Nürburgring layouts, Reiza Pack Updates, New Porsche 991 GT3 Cup 'Endurance' update and more are here!

Yes, owners of the legend that is the rFactor 2 Nürburgring Nordschleife DLC have some more fun to look forward to the next time they fire up rFactor 2... the previously promised three additional layouts have been added to the pack - bringing the total number of combinations up to seven in total as the 'Sprint', 'Sprint no Chicane' and 'Endurance' layouts arrive to the simulation.

rF2 Nords Update.jpg

With the free update (for existing DLC owners) headlining the day for Studio 397, we also get a few more goodies to enjoy as well. When Nordschleife released back in late September, the little Porsche 911 GT3 Cup also made an appearance, and now the developers have given the car an altogether more aggressive update - adding an 'Endurance' specification to the machine that "consists of different dampers and 2 sets of softer springs, compared to the Supercup specification. The Endurance package also comes with ABS system and aerodynamic package: front fender flares + rear wing 10 mm gurney flap and restricts the engine power output to a nominal 413 PS. Additionally the Endurance package also comes with a possibility to refuel the car, with fuel tank capacity lowered to 95 L, compared to 100 L with the Supercup specification. The car also weighs 30 kg more" - oh and two new liveries as well.

rF2 Porsche Update 1.jpg

rF2 Porsche Update 2.jpg

On the content front, the popular 'Reiza Pack' DLC has also received some love, with a new build releasing for this awesome pack that adds fixes and improvements to a number of the cars and the Imola circuit;

Imola:
  • Fixed various reported wall collision issues and holes in 1988 & 2001 versions.
Metalmoro AJR:
  • Adjusted aero pitch & yaw sensitivity;
  • Slightly downgraded Judd V10 performance to better match that of other engine variants;
  • Added turbo model to AJR Honda Turbo variant.
Metalmoro MR18:
  • Added turbo model;
  • Adjusted aero pitch & yaw sensitivity.
MCR 2000:
  • Adjusted aero pitch & yaw sensitivity;
  • Slight graphical height correction.

rF2 Reiza Pak 1.jpg
rF2 Reiza Pak 2.jpg

Back in the land of official Studio 397 content, a golden oldie makes a bid for the limelight with the wonderful Nissan GT500 receiving the new shaders and materials update treatment - hopefully breathing fresh life into a car that brings the criminally under represented Japanese GT500 series into sim racing as official content;

Nissan GT500 v2.01
  • Updated to new materials
  • Adjusted the windows in and out GMT so it can be skinned
  • Rim LODs fixed smoothing groups
  • Adjusted smoothing groups for all tire LODs
  • Added proper icons
  • Updated Templates

rF2 GT500 2.jpg

Last and probably least is a very, very minor fix to the Aston Martin Vantage GTE. Not as exciting as the previously mentioned updates, this move to v1.05 is just a minor fix to show proper GTE badge on steering wheel - but any little improvement is always welcomed!

Happy days for rF2 fans.

rFactor 2 is available exclusively for PC.

Need to know something about the sim? Ask our knowledgeable community HERE!

Sim Racing is AWESOME!

Nice to see existing content getting updated and polished, that's really what the game needs now! :thumbsup:

Just need to get the shortcut for the Nords layouts, and it will be perfect! Apparently it is not a simple fix...
According to the short discussion on the Steam page, allowing the shortcut would require a code change, not just an aiw update. They preferred to launch these tracks rather than delay waiting for such a change.

Braking the Cup car with ABS should stop most of the complaints...it's so easy. It really is.

EDIT: To prevent misunderstanding: This is no irony, i mean that honestly! The Endurance versions with ABS are sooo much easier to stop, you have not to focus for trailing in the car at all anymore, it is astonishing how hard and late it can brake into the Hohenrain chicane for example!

Last edited:
This is all looking good, but honestly I would have been happy with an update that got rid of that awful Ford v Ferrari ad every time I boot into the game.
I'm surprised how many users seem upset by that avi. Why are we are so irritated by something that can be skipped just by hitting the esc key? There are soooo many substantive issues with rF2, but all we can complain about is a small bit of revenue the company is attempting to create.

I'm surprised how many users seem upset by that avi. Why are we are so irritated by something that can be skipped just by hitting the esc key? There are soooo many substantive issues with rF2, but all we can complain about is a small bit of revenue the company is attempting to create.

My video loops twice to three times, and my 'Escape' key does nothing.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back