rF2: Nürburgring Nordschleife Now Available

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
rF2 Nords Released.jpg

Teasing time now over and done - the epic Nurburgring Nordschleife for rFactor 2 is finally here.

Available now via the rFactor 2 Steam Store, the new laserscanned circuit comes complete in four different racing layouts, with Studio 397 planning to add further versions as free updates in the coming months.

Retailing for a very reasonable £10.66, the track is available to purchase now.

Happy lapping folks!

rF2 Nords Released 2.jpg
rF2 Nords Released 3.jpg

rFactor 2 is a racing simulation exclusively available for PC.

For more news from the world of rFactor 2, check out the RaceDepartment rFactor 2 sub forum and join in with the community discussion. If you like racing in a clean and fun environment online, why not check out the RaceDepartment rFactor 2 Racing Club? Get yourself in on the action!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

• Deleted member 955978

I can't help want some street cars for the Ring. So I asked in rF2.
https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/street-cars-survey.64250/
Your efforts are appreciated but there will be no streetcars added or revamped here.
S397 said it over and over again.
With the physics rF2 provides I think this is a wise decision. It nails stiff suspension and such like no other.
The cobra for example feels odd to me. AC in comparison just nails this kind of car.
Not so the racey ones.
So stick to AC for roadcars, it’s much more suited to this. It does it excellently.

Your efforts are appreciated but there will be no streetcars added or revamped here.
With the physics rF2 provides I think this is a wise decision. It nails stiff suspension and such like no other.
The cobra for example feels odd to me. AC in comparison just nails this kind of car.
Not so the racey ones.
So stick to AC for roadcars, it’s much more suited to this. It does it excellently.
The Cobra in rF2 feels off because it needs to be updated.
The Howston race car feels great with its soft suspension in rF2.
While AC's physics are largely unfinished when compared to rF2.
AC's physics pretty much stops working when the front wheels break traction while this is where rF2's physics really starts to work.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 955978

When the front breaks traction in AC you need to know your driving ABC!
If you don’t you just understeer.
Learn to drive a road car at the limit.

Hahahahaha!!
That is always the fix for AC's physics. You just don't know how to drive! Funny how we all know how to drive in rF2, iRacing or a real car for that matter.
Are you suggesting these other sims are easier to drive? Less realistic?

• Deleted member 955978

Hahahahaha!!
That is always the fix for AC's physics. You just don't know how to drive! Funny how we all know how to drive in rF2, iRacing or a real car for that matter.
Are you suggesting these other sims are easier to drive? Less realistic?
Gosh mate....
ACs roadcars reflect your problem at peak best!
Learn how to deal with understeer!

Gosh mate....
ACs roadcars reflect your problem at peak best!
Learn how to deal with understeer!
That's the problem. There is just a dead wheel in a skid in AC. Where as driving on the Nordschleife in rF2 has way more information in the physics. You can feel each tire grab. Plus the caster weight coming into corners. I think this really helps with sense of speed in rF2?
If you know how to drive you don't need to learn how to drive rF2.

I am really enjoying the detail in this version of the Nordschleife.
Best to date.

Last edited:
When I got this track and Cup car I was at girlfriends using my laptop w/dfgt and it was great. But when I tried it at my home rig with TSPC racer it is sublime! The only thing I don't like now is the flex that my playseat challenge gives from the deck, always had it but more noticeable now more than ever. Always looking to upgrade this wonderful hobby:)

Not so the racey ones.
thanks for such kind of information

• Deleted member 955978

That's the problem. There is just a dead wheel in a skid in AC. Where as driving on the Nordschleife in rF2 has way more information in the physics. You can feel each tire grab. Plus the caster weight coming into corners. I think this really helps with sense of speed in rF2?
If you know how to drive you don't need to learn how to drive rF2.

I am really enjoying the detail in this version of the Nordschleife.
Best to date.
I think it must be a problem on your hardware side if you don’t get any clue your understeering through the wheel.
I get a subtle vibration and weight loss in the wheel when I overdrive the front in AC.
And I don’t use the enhanced understeer effect. Gyro also off.
So please look into your setup.
The information you seek is there on my system.
Just not as brutally pronounced as in rF2. For race car this is quite suitable, just not for road cars.

I think it must be a problem on your hardware side if you don’t get any clue your understeering through the wheel.
I get a subtle vibration and weight loss in the wheel when I overdrive the front in AC.
And I don’t use the enhanced understeer effect. Gyro also off.
So please look into your setup.
The information you seek is there on my system.
Just not as brutally pronounced as in rF2. For race car this is quite suitable, just not for road cars.
That did help some. Thanks. rF2 is much more pronounced for sure. I think the canned effects mask it? Would be nice to turn it up some how.

I've really quite disliked the Nordschleife ever since the original PGR days on the Xbox.

I used to love racing online in Mini Coopers around Edinburgh, Washington, Moscow and really hated it when the host chose a 1 lap race around the Nordschleife.

And ever since then I've never quite got around to learning it. I did a half lap of it back in 2015 or so but have managed to avoid it ever since.

I think the time is approaching when I need to learn it, and maybe shelling out £10 for what appears to be a very good version will give me the motivation to learn it.

One day.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 219 14.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 115 7.6%
  • < 5 years