RF2 Multi-Player Server

trichens

Premium
Hi All,

I've been messing around with setting up an rFactor2 server as a bit of project.
I've got what I think is suitable kit - the first server is a Dell R610 with two Xeon processors, 2Tb disk space and 96Gb RAM. I 'd like to think that will work OK; perhaps someone can give some advice on that front?
If that's OK then I do have another identical R610 and a pair of R410 servers too.
I suspect my broadband is likely to be a limiting factor; again perhaps someone can offer advice?
A local company - KCOM - is plaaning to supply our area - average 400Mb down and estimated 35Mb up.
Verry nice! as Borat would say...

Anyway I've configured the default server OK, set up the router and created some content.
Installed and I think have got Teamspeak running on it too.

I can connect to it OK and have run against AI with no issues so I'm now looking to put it up for people to test.
I'd like some suggestions on content to make available. It will have to be default S397 stuff or Steam Workshop of course.

Trevor

Hey Trevor,

Very nice! ;-) One suggestion for content I would love to see - Group C cars on the Nordschleife. I recently started looking into how to setup a server for this as well.

The cars are available in the steam workshop under MAK-Corp, Group C Mod v1.1.

Best,
Randy

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back