rF2: More Cars (and Tracks?) Revealed for Upcoming 'Reiza DLC'

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
rF2 Reiza DLC Extra Content 4.jpg

Despite some delays the 'Reiza DLC' is still heading to rFactor 2, and the Brazilian developers have now revealed the extra bonus cars.. and potentially a track or two...

So now we know... kind of. When Reiza Studios, the Brazilian development team behind the exceptional Automobilista announced to the world they would be creating a DLC for rFactor 2, many fans were understandably delighted to see how those high achieving sim racing developers would fair when sending their content into the impressive rFactor 2 simulation.

At the time, Reiza confirmed they planned for four cars and two circuits as part of the new pack... however for various reasons that DLC has failed to materialise - with delays causing quite a few within the community to voice their frustration at having to wait for what is undeniably some exciting content.

Because Reiza are quite frankly exceptional people, to make up for the delays encountered with the new DLC they've made the really cool decision to throw in some free content by way of apology.. and now we know what that content is going to be - the Puma GTE and the excellent Puma P052..

So that bumps the new pack up to six cars and two circuits, but Reiza Studios haven't finished yet! According to the social media post that contained the new images, the developers have hinted that one (or maybe more) tracks will also be added into the pack as well! With the quality of content found in Automobilista, it will be very exciting to see what these extra pieces of sim racing goodness turn out like in rFactor 2.

Can you tell what the track is from these screenshots?

rF2 Reiza DLC Extra Content 1.jpg
rF2 Reiza DLC Extra Content 2.jpg
rF2 Reiza DLC Extra Content 3.jpg

Check out the initial 'Rezia DLC' content previews HERE.

rFactor 2 is a PC exclusive racing simulation available worldwide via the Steam network.

Check out the rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for all the latest news and discussion with regards to the simulation. You can take part in lively debates with fellow rFactor 2 fans and take part in some great Club and League racing events..!

Like what you see here at RD? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Last edited:
Would have liked the the Brasil stockcar and touring cars, but the Puma's will be a good addtion. I think the track is one or more versions of historic Imola as it would pair well with rf2s historic F1 cars.

I have to say while this news is welcomed, I'm honestly getting tired of Reiza's teases with no real updates. This has been a trend of theirs for some time, but I feel their delivery after the teases has just continued to grow. I understand developement can be unpredictable, but the Reiza DLC was announced in July I believe, and we are now 7 months from that announcement, going on 8 months, and no one has any idea when this DLC is coming. That changes these teases with no real update on time frames from exciting to almost annoying. I see an update, start to get excited, see there is still no timeline update, and then back to annoyed.

I wish Reiza would be more open with their communication and update us on why something could slip for so long and when they at least somewhat expect to release it. Continuing with these teases and no timeline update is just becoming obnoxious at this point.

And understand this is coming from someone who absolutely loves AMS and what Reiza has produced thus far.

Last edited:
Delay because of Puma ??? !!! I'm going to buy what Studio 397 and Reiza launch (I really like AMS and 397 is doing a great job on rFactor2), but I would never buy because of Puma.

The P052 is essentially a South American MX Cup car, so I can see that being popular, but I agree there was other content they have released that probably would have generated more excitement (Brasil stockcar, Copa Petrobras De Marcas, V8 supercar, their open wheel cars, etc), but I am assuming they didn't want to select that content because they wouldn't want to lose fans to rf2 by selecting their most popular content. Just a guess of mine though.

... the Reiza DLC was announced in July I believe, and we are now 7 months from that announcement, going on 8 months, and no one has any idea when this DLC is coming.
Yep. Reiza has been very communicative in the past. It seems to have changed with the development of "Reiza 20xx" and also this DLC. We're at a time when we could expect the next gen of all Sim developers, so the hype for a current-generation DLC naturally declines, right ?

Yep. Reiza has been very communicative in the past. It seems to have changed with the development of "Reiza 20xx" and also this DLC. We're at a time when we could expect the next gen of all Sim developers, so the hype for a current-generation DLC naturally declines, right ?

IMO their current way of communicating is just antagonizing the community and as far as I am concerned the next Reiza title is vaporware until they show actual proof it is being developed. Again I am a huge fan of Reiza's work, but "Reiza 20xx" is just as real as GTR3 is and we all know that is vaporware still at this point.

I wonder if the delay could be down to implementing the new materials? They did say they were using them, hopefully on the interiors as well!

They confirmed that it was delayed for the new material system a few weeks ago. This is what one of their staff said.

"Sorry it´s taking so long folks. We´re working on implementing S397´s new car shaders now, once that´s done it should be ready for release finally."

That was a month ago

That's nice from Reiza, and thanks to S397 to add more & more contents. But the problem is we'll barely never used their contents.... They should first finish their promised UI, and put in their competition ranking system, to attract us to race online, making their game alive, and use the contents they create.

I got all their DLC and mods, and i've never used them... A competition system might help us to use it more.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 141 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 387 39.8%