rF2: Monaco E-Prix Track Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
rF2 Monaco E Prix b.jpg

Studio 397 have released their second official Formula E circuit for the simulation - adding the Monaco E-Prix 2019 layout for the title.

Retailing for just under £7 if bought as a standalone piece of content, or purchasable as part of a larger Formula E themed pack, the 2019 variation of the Monaco E-Prix is available from the rFactor 2 Steam Store now.

Perhaps best known for its Formula One Grand Prix hosting credentials, Monaco is also the jewel in the crown of the Formula E calendar, and the shorted, Formula E specific layout is another interesting addition to the title that further expands the content of the all electric series within the sim..

Joining the Hong Kong E-Prix and the recently released Lester E-Prix fantasy track, the 2019 Monaco E-Prix layout is available now.

Recreating Monaco has been a huge effort, and it’s been more than worth it! We made it our primary goal to painstakingly bring to life this special environment with the highest level of detail. Starting with a high resolution ‘laser-scan’ as a base to create the track surface, we then went on to build the essential elements that make Monaco what it is. From the yachts and sailboats in the harbor that sit in the glistening blue water as the sun goes low, to the buildings and track side objects – it’s all there!

The 1.765 km track offers intense racing requiring high-concentration to keep the car out of trouble – good luck!
rF2 Monaco E Prix a.jpg

rFactor 2 is available exclusively for PC.

Follow the news, join the discussion! Head over to our rFactor 2 sub forum and involve yourself with the community today..

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

damn this is brutal, with default setup I can only get a 55.5sec, with AI on 100% I am 2-3 seconds slower and usually I nerf them 100% setting. Doesn't seam to be enough steering lock and definitely no feel on the brakes

The main thing that annoys me about the rF2 steam store is that if you already own part of a pack you need to buy the whole pack again paying for the content you already own again!
R3E store has it sorted where you get a discount on content you already own so your not paying twice for a car or track.

repeating my answer in the S397 forum. Do NOT expect these eTracks to include any of the current full F1 tracks. Codemasters has the licesnse for F1 and I would be shocked if they did not have sole authority to use the current F1 tracks.

First it was cartoon looks then lack of content then lack of servers then DX then UI then price .......and all without ever muttering the words FFB and physics :barefoot:

The main thing that annoys me.........

Annoys me content in all caps, places them out of alphabetical order :roflmao:

R3E store has it sorted where you get a discount on content you already own so your not paying twice for a car or track.

You never pay twice for any rF2 content :O_o:

DONT SAY FFB OR PHYSICS!!! BANNED ON RF2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RF2 IS PERFECT FOREVER!!!!!!!! NO NEED TO UPDATE ANYTHING BUT MAKE MORE THINGS TO BUY!!!

hey that way any new user will be turned off by the price for sure.....what is it like 200 bucks or more for the complete steam collection....naw I'll stick to the basics...and even then I'm annoyed cause it's like opening up a copy of iracing from 8 years ago and saying what a great sim!!!!!! lol....anyone get that? Iracing has come leaps and bounds since having horrible physics etc....now it's pretty damn good.....same with assetto corsa kinda......

one thing I miss is when computer driving games were like driving in a computer sim lol...now it's all like lets make it real life...who cares about how the cars drive as long as it's close to the real thing lol...

so yeah time to focus more on improving everything else not visual lol

ps it's a waste of money buying anything for a sim if you can't race real people online....RF2 AI is BS - might be better than others but it's still a stupid computer player....and this track it's not F1! seriously mod ed...it's the Eprix track...aren't those shorter and more boring lol

Last edited by a moderator:
I just did a little 5 lap race....and I know I am not fast...but wow..at 100% it is very hard to do a sub 55. I think I did a 56 point something.

These Formula E's are relatively slow...but really fun and a little hard to drive (I think) The track detail is amazing by the way....

I guess the way to look at it is - this is one of a few ways how they are makign money, they are updating RF2 without actually re-selling it as a new game
more money = more stuff in the future

I guess you and I differ on opinion. Personally I'd rather they built a new game, than create $200 in content, miss nearly every deadline they ever gave, release unfinished paid content, post multiple annoying updates that require league servers to be updated, still not have road temps affect grip, new content missing real life features, etc etc
When is Zandvoort going to be version 1? Where is Portland Raceway?

Rfactor 2 does a lot of things well, and it is in faxt my main sim but I feel like the RF2 community gives s397 WAY too much of a pass on their missteps. 3 years is way too damn long for a new UI, I dont care what excuse people come up with. Other areas need focus imo

Last edited:
I guess you and I differ on opinion. Personally I'd rather they built a new game, than create $200 in content, miss nearly every deadline they ever gave, release unfinished paid content, post multiple annoying updates that require league servers to be updated, still not have road temps affect grip, new content missing real life features, etc etc
When is Zandvoort going to be version 1? Where is Portland Raceway?

Rfactor 2 does a lot of things well, and it is in faxt my main sim but I feel like the RF2 community gives s397 WAY too much of a pass on their missteps. 3 years is way too damn long for a new UI, I dont care what excuse people come up with. Other areas need focus imo
see, and if they did and someone would say that he liked that they released it as new game, someone would write a long post about how it's not good to abandon people that used rf2 for years, have bought addons and what not, only to re-buy everything again , .. you can't win

I had already purchased The Formula E Generation 2 vehicle. I would have been interested in buying the new "Formula E Race Bundle" but this includes the vehicle which i have already purchased. So for me, Its a NO. :(

see, and if they did and someone would say that he liked that they released it as new game, someone would write a long post about how it's not good to abandon people that used rf2 for years, have bought addons and what not, only to re-buy everything again , .. you can't win
I'll agree that you can never please everyone and in simracing in general each game has it's warts and it mostly comes down to which warts you as an individual are willing to tolerate. I would say that anyone saying RF2 abandoned them after a nine year run really doesn't have much merit as that is a massive lifecycle for any genre of videogame.
Given the delays S397 have been encountering, I bet if they were being honest, they too wish they would have started from scratch. I also truly don't believe that many RF2 fans out there would have any issue "re-buying" Rfactor 2 if it came with the same quality of ffb, equal or better physics and looked like Pcars 2. They would NOW of course because they just dropped 2 bills on content.

repeating my answer in the S397 forum. Do NOT expect these eTracks to include any of the current full F1 tracks. Codemasters has the licesnse for F1 and I would be shocked if they did not have sole authority to use the current F1 tracks.

PC2 has monaco track. Although under a different name... Can't see why s397 wouldn't be able to do the same.
I'm not an expert on licensing, but f1 does not own streets of Monaco nor any of the tracks on f1 calendar...

First it was cartoon looks then lack of content then lack of servers then DX then UI then price .......and all without ever muttering the words FFB and physics :barefoot:

Annoys me content in all caps, places them out of alphabetical order :roflmao:

You never pay twice for any rF2 content :O_o:
What? I paid for the McLaren GT3 twice! Bought it upon first release and then again when I bought the GT3 pack.
The rest of your post I don't understand, maybe English isn't your first language or something :O_o:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 320 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 221 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 214 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 164 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 280 13.5%