rF2: Monaco E-Prix Talk 'n' Drive

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
We go on track at the new Monaco E-Prix layout

Although the track has been out for a little while now (release article here), it's taken me longer than I would have liked to get into the rig and put together a video on the new circuit - but now it's here!

The Monaco E-Prix layout for rFactor 2 has enjoyed something of a like it or loathe it relationship with the rFactor racing community.. much like the real world series from which it has been taken, and now feels like the right time to finally get out on virtual circuit and find out if the quality level is up to the recent standards enjoyed by players of the simulation.

Fittingly, for this video I've taken control of the latest Gen2 Formula E car and pitched myself against the 2019 grid to sample this new venue - and I'll admit it now - I had an absolute blast.

Not the easiest thing to wheel around a circuit, catch the video at the top of this article and find out what we think of the 2019 layout of the Formula E hosting Monaco E-Prix.

Monaco Formula E E-Prix 2a.jpg
Monaco Formula E E-Prix b.jpg

The rFactor 2 Monaco E-Prix is available from the rF2 Steam Store now.

For more from the world of rFactor 2, head over to the rF2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment and get yourself involved in the conversation today! If racing against others in a clean environment floats your boat, then we can help you with that too... get yourself over to the rF2 Racing Club page, have a look what's on offer and sign up to race with us!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

• Deleted member 503495

Nice video, you look like Niels' English cousin :laugh:.
Good updated marshal models but there needs to be more people around, be it modeled photographers or cameramen. Doesn't look too immersive. And the pitlane/paddock area is completely dead albeit such is the sin on most racing titles.

Good review Paul. How can you be that quick and talking all the time? Multitasking :D ;)

I agree, this track is another high quality experience and a lot of fun to drive. More content like this please.

Still annoyed that the formula e gen2 has been released few weeks ago as stand alone option. With Monaco a bundle came up to save money and each early adopter has been punished. Not a great move...hope this is an exception.

Track looks amazing, the environment and the effect of the public parts of the track is something amazing! Hope they can get a licence of the full circuit! Future content promises a lot, allied with the best physics in the market, rFactor2 is the future of simulation...

I did some laps with this combination and others, and with this car quite over 100. First thing in VR: I get very bad performance and especially with the Formula E it can't even hold the 45 fps, even Reiza content is good for 90 fps straight during practice and about 80 fps during AI-races. With my Odyssey it only drops to 45 fps when going under about 55 fps, so that's not acceptable for my setup and just before the last corner i get 90 fps for some meters. I can't see a reason why this runs so bad throughout the other part of the track and seems for me, just Reiza and iRacing caring about decent framerates in VR.

I did some laps with this combination and others, and with this car quite over 100. First thing in VR: I get very bad performance and especially with the Formula E it can't even hold the 45 fps, even Reiza content is good for 90 fps straight during practice and about 80 fps during AI-races. With my Odyssey it only drops to 45 fps when going under about 55 fps, so that's not acceptable for my setup and just before the last corner i get 90 fps for some meters. I can't see a reason why this runs so bad throughout the other part of the track and seems for me, just Reiza and iRacing caring about decent framerates in VR.
Slightly off-topic but how do you see your framerates in VR? Ctrl-t and monitor performance or do you have another tool?

MSI AB and peek through nose gap or just make the history graph long and check after the race ;)
fpsVR shows you all kinds of information like GPU- and CPU-load & temps, RAM-usage, graphics latency, average fps and even the battery capacity in percent of you motion controllers. And when you put the window to the bottom you will not even notice it while playing. Not sure why nobody at S397 is using it, because otherwise they would recognise, that their content is rather poorly optimized unlike the Reiza DLC.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 105 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 146 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 279 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 407 40.1%