rf2 Mods

Hello there, new here and new to rf2 so please be gentle :) Hoping to get involved soon, though much practice required as despite having half a ton of racing games and sims I'm just not very good at it haha.

I have a query regarding the mod updates etc that I've installed from the Packages folder. Does anyone know if those files can be removed from there once they've been installed properly? Or do I need to leave them there? Thanks

When you have installed the mods to use them on the driver side only, you can delete them. Once installed, all content is copied to your data folder, and the .rfmod and .rfcmp files have no further use.

However,

Please remember that in case of a reinstall of rfactor2, all mods have to be installed again as well. So, I advice to keep the files somewhere, just in case. When you need to do a reinstall, and have to download over 2 Gb in mods, the install takes a bit longer as you can imagine.

There is 1 more thing, and thats server related. If you want to host a game online, and you enable the Download Mod function, you DO need to keep the files in the packages folder.

rather than create a new thread i wonder if i can hijack this one with similar title now the OP has been sorted? ok..i will anyway (sorry!)

I've downloaded all the mods form ISI site.

2 things:
Why when i download brianza does it not show up in rfactor 2 mod manager? (even tho i've put it in packages and clicked on refresh for packages)

i downloaded the senna 88 mod but i'm clear i'm missing necessary tracks. as well as the ISI mods, is there a central thread where most people place rfactor 2 mods? things like snetterton and so on..loads of people have them and i'm not sure where to find them? one of the missing senna tracks is an f1 1994 f1SR mod ..is this an rfactor track and can rfactor tracks be downloaded/used in rfactor 2?

thanks

rather than create a new thread i wonder if i can hijack this one with similar title now the OP has been sorted? ok..i will anyway (sorry!)

I've downloaded all the mods form ISI site.

2 things:
Why when i download brianza does it not show up in rfactor 2 mod manager? (even tho i've put it in packages and clicked on refresh for packages)

i downloaded the senna 88 mod but i'm clear i'm missing necessary tracks. as well as the ISI mods, is there a central thread where most people place rfactor 2 mods? things like snetterton and so on..loads of people have them and i'm not sure where to find them? one of the missing senna tracks is an f1 1994 f1SR mod ..is this an rfactor track and can rfactor tracks be downloaded/used in rfactor 2?

thanks

When in the mod manager, click on "Option" and deselect "Show Mods Only". Now you will see a lot more. :) From here you will be able to install Brianza and other mods too. :)

When a mod doesn't install right click it and select properties ands choose the advanced info, now you will see a list of things needed and which is installed and which one is not.

I got me too an answer about the basics of modding in rF2: I tried to overwrite an .sfx file (sound managing file for who doesn't know) of the mas of a package that I downloaded from the Steam workshop, and the then thoose cars disappeared from the game, and now I backed up. Does anybody involved in a problem like this too? Is it possible that this happens to prevent cheating? How could I build a mine offline package? OK, exactly I tried to adapt original GP79 Cosworth sound to the converted package, but for mine strict personal use, and I know from rF1 that if the game cannot find the .sfx, the car disappear from the game

Off course, I made new .mas files that I placed instead of the originale ones. However, I read something more and I'm interested in making a new package of the entire mod, (.rfcmp I think, I don't know now because I don't rF2 in front of me now) . Basing in what I read, there isn't the possibility to change a .mas file of an installed mod, and this prohibitions should be an efficient anti-cheating system. If this thing will work, it will mean that part of the gamedatas files are saved into the base program in some way. However, thank you

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back