rF2: McLaren Senna GTR and Aston Martin GTE Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
rF2 Two Strong Pack 1.jpg

Studio 397 have released the stunning McLaren Senna GTR and Aston Martin Vantage GTE for rFactor 2.

Available as standalone DLC content or part of the ‘Two Strong Pack’, both cars are available to purchase for the simulation with immediate effect.

Adding a brand new category to the sim, the McLaren Senna offers a first look at the upcoming new Hypercar specification of GT racing – a classification set to take over from the retiring LMP class at the head of the endurance racing landscape.

rF2 Two Strong Pack Senna.jpg

Officially unveiled as a limited production mid-engine sports car by McLaren Automotive back at the 2018 Geneva Motor Show, the Senna is earmarked by the famous racing team to take the McLaren name back to the top level of Le Mans competition from the 2020/21 season.

Packing a mighty 4.0l V8 twin-turbocharged engine, the Senna GTR is in its own right an impressive piece of motorsport engineering – however, the look into the future of endurance racing is perhaps what is most exciting about the car – giving sim racers our first view of what is set to come at the pinnacle of long distance endurance racing.

rF2 Two Strong Pack Aston.jpg

The other car in the pack similarly needs no introduction, with Studio 397 dropping the fourth instalment to the popular GTE category within the sim – adding the beautiful Aston Martin Vantage GTE to the title.

The Vantage joins the current GTE field of Porsche, Corvette and BMW within the sim, and inserts a fan favourite car into what is, for me at least, one of the best packs of virtual racing machines anywhere in sim racing.

Both cars are available now, and retails for 4.99 euro each, or around 6.99 euros for the two car ‘Two Strong Pack’.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Of couse if you lower the number of cars you get better fps
That is the right answer;)...although could the GTX1070 be the limiting factor in this particular case.
I had an old GTX690 and rFactor 2 did not run well with higher than 10 cars on a grid at Medium - High settings...saved some money and purchased an RTX2070 and it made a huge difference without any further upgrades to my PC.
https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/my-new-rtx-2070.161579/

Last edited:
That is the right answer;)...although could the GTX1070 be the limiting factor in this particular case.
I had an old GTX690 and rFactor 2 did not run well with higher than 10 cars on a grid at Medium - High settings...saved some money and purchased an RTX2070 and it made a huge difference without any further upgrades to my PC.

Let's be honest, a 1070 should not be brought to its knees by a few extra AI..

Purchased Le Mans , the strong Pack and tried to run 60 cars with day to night transiction using all DLC from studio 397.
Even with setting everything at medium and 15 cars visibile, the FPS I get are 30-40 if I am lucky.
I own a I7 8700 and a GTX 1070.

single screen

What resolution are you running? There's something seriously wrong there if it's a reasonable resolution for a 1070 and you still only get 30-40 fps.

Purchased Le Mans , the strong Pack and tried to run 60 cars with day to night transiction using all DLC from studio 397.
Even with setting everything at medium and 15 cars visibile, the FPS I get are 30-40 if I am lucky.
I own a I7 8700 and a GTX 1070.
LeMans and 60 Cars with Day to Night using ALL DLC from Studio 397...that's optimistic, but still ok FPS though, considering.:)

LeMans and 60 Cars with Day to Night using ALL DLC from Studio 397...that's optimistic, but still ok FPS though, considering.:)
What I meant is GT3,GTE,LMP2,LMP3, GTR and i think I added the AJR from Metalmoro.. :D

Anyway.. i am hijacking this thread. I will investigate in their forum..

Last edited:
Did you have a stroke while writing that? I nearly had a seizure trying to read it.
Thanks for your concern.
I had coffee and croissant behind me yesterday writing those strings. Well if you're using 3rd person camera view i can understand you see nothing wrong with Aston-Martin. Take a look at Nicki Thiim on board videos and you will see how this car looks like irl.
Good luck.

Last edited:
What I meant is GT3,GTE,LMP2,LMP3, GTR and i think I added the AJR from Metalmoro.. :D

Even with just one of those classes, I am easily running out of VRAM at Le Mans. Granted, I have 2 GB less than you, but still...

Try it yourself, drive a bumpy track with a stiff car and your correct torque value, then change the torque capability Nm-value in the json to a quarter of what your wheel can put out. Track surface bumps will murder you.

I did actually test that value before. Didn't make a single bit of difference to the FFB until it was up to about 12-15 Nm, so well beyond the ability of my wheel and into the direct drive territory, until I started noticing at least *something*. Lowering it didn't make any difference either.

Thanks for showing some interest.:)...resolution 5760 x 1080 with an RTX 2070 and getting approx 49 - 77 FPS around S397 laser LeMans with 21 cars:inlove:
Lovely setup you have. I'm envious.
I have a mere 34" ultrawide screen and an old I5-4670k cpu over clocked to 4.4ghz. I also have 1080 gpu. My resolution is only 2560x1080 but I ma reasonably happy with it and it is doing over 100 fps.
rf2.jpg

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 376 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 256 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years