rF2 | Massive Roadmap - New Cars, Tracks and UI!

Bjarne Hansen

500RPM
Jan 7, 2015
I can't run rf2!
Tried the new best UI and followed all the suggestions from users to make it work. Nothing!
Then twice tried to go back to old Ui and everything loads until it is ready to start but any click on the UI courses an instant crash.
Steam still thinks Rf2 is running also have to force Steam to close.
And yes tried starting +10 times and always same result.
Now it is a beta so should not have tried.
But the totally lack of response from Studio 397 on it's own forum is p... poor!

Now I like Rf2. newer had an issue with graphics or UI for that matter.
But this poor customer support they have shown on this issue have made me promiss myself newer to buy a DLC from Studio 397 again!
Now I am sure the issue will get fixed.
Likely around when Simbin brings out GTR3!

Avo77

100RPM
Dec 5, 2013
I can't run rf2!
Tried the new best UI and followed all the suggestions from users to make it work. Nothing!
Then twice tried to go back to old Ui and everything loads until it is ready to start but any click on the UI courses an instant crash.
Steam still thinks Rf2 is running also have to force Steam to close.
And yes tried starting +10 times and always same result.
Now it is a beta so should not have tried.
But the totally lack of response from Studio 397 on it's own forum is p... poor!

Now I like Rf2. newer had an issue with graphics or UI for that matter.
But this poor customer support they have shown on this issue have made me promiss myself newer to buy a DLC from Studio 397 again!
Now I am sure the issue will get fixed.
Likely around when Simbin brings out GTR3!
Had similar problem for two days. I had to manually delete my player folder and now it's solved (deleting the game from steam and downloading again 120Gb of data was useless 'cause that folder is kept by the game).

Bjarne Hansen

500RPM
Jan 7, 2015
Had similar problem for two days. I had to manually delete my player folder and now it's solved (deleting the game from steam and downloading again 120Gb of data was useless 'cause that folder is kept by the game).
Thanks, Will try that after Christmas. Also spend 2 days and really tired of that now.

Marc Collins

1000RPM
Aug 25, 2011
The "New UI" is alright, it does a job but at the same time takes a lot of getting used too and it's quirky in its own way. What troubles me is the direction S397 have gone with it, there's far too many clicks to get somewhere,, the "start" button should've been named "home" (long ago...) and there's no fluidity too it, but at the end of the day it is just a UI which is not the most important part of the Sim.

Now I've long been classed as a "fanboy" of RF2 (well newsflash I'm a fanboy of every racing sim so bite me!), I'm well aware of the Sims flaws, but for me the UI was the least important aspect of the game to concentrate soooo much time on. Sure the new Competition Infrastructure will be built into it and with that a lot of essential under the hood work as gone on surrounding this area, but I cant help but feel S397 are ignoring the main issues with actual gameplay in favour of a UI. It's taken too long, it's taken resources away from more important (IMO) areas and other Sims have simply caught up & overtaken RF2...lapped it even!

I mean look how far ACC has come since release, RRE is getting a lot of attention, iRacing bringing out AI whilst RF2s AI gathers dust, AMS2 release in March is highly anticipated by many - RF2 will gradually fade away to being a "what if?" sim.
I therefore believe S397 need a new approach in 2020, concentrate on what actually matters - fix the age old bugs everyone harpers on about - improve the AI and take notice of Single Players (FFS!) - just generally look to improve the actual hardcore Game not fanny about with the UI for too long. It's all well and good releasing shiny new DLC, but if the core of the game continues to go untreated then it'll be lights out and a DNF next to the Sim and that pains me to think this way.

I love you RF2, but for the love of christ step it up in 2020!

Merry Xmas!
Glad you have finally come around to the points I have been making about rF2 for four plus years now...

• Haha
Reactions: MarcG

Bjarne Hansen

500RPM
Jan 7, 2015
After fiddling with rf2 and deleting everything people suggested on forums. I finally got it to work by removing the NVIDIA GPU driver (DDU) and install the newest driver.
I did upgrade a few days ago and downgraded too without any change.
Well back up running!
Now have to try like RF2 again! ;)

tswest

25RPM
Nov 13, 2010
It costs money to produce all these tracks and cars because it's their job and they have wages to pay. You work for free for the children (?) but you must have a job to be able to live (As in somebody PAYING you a wage for what you do).
Yip, nothing in the world is for free, not even trouble itself ;);)

Been working on track designs and believe me, the time and effort you put into getting it right and looking good is not a few minutes task(s)

Keep the prices reasonable and most racing sim users will have no problems in buying good stuff.

Thanks to Studio 397 and everyone else who take time to develop/create improvements, tracks, mods, etc