rF2: Lots of New Updates Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
rF2 Released.jpg

Studio 397 have updated both the base game and their new Tatuus and Le Mans content.

With rFactor 2 having benefitted from something of a golden month for new content recently, developers Studio 397 having recently released the equally impressive Circuit de la Sarthe (paid) and six strong Tatuus car pack (free) and GTE car pack (paid) for the simulation.

rF2: Le Mans test drive and Marcel Offermans interview - Video HERE

Not content with a release and forget strategy for their new additions, Studio 397 have remained busy back at base and have recently deployed three new updates to the simulation and content, upgrading the base rFactor 2 software build to include a couple of minor fixes, and deploying substantial updates to both the Le Mans track and the new Tatuus cars, details of which can all be seen below.

rF2: Tatuus first impressions Talk 'n' Drive - Video HERE.

rF2 Build 1.1112 Notes
  • Fixed lit signs not coming on at the right time of day (example brake marker signs at Le Mans)
  • Fixed some graphics glitches on old content
  • Fixed transparent trainer car not visible
Le Mans V1.5 Notes:
  • Adjusted track naming. The circuit now appears under "Le Mans 24h" as "24 Heures du Mans 2018"
  • Large Performance Pass (Object / Material refactoring, Shadow / Visual Groups, LOD tweaking, Texture optimization)
  • Large Nightlighting Pass (refactor of intensity, position and colour of lights and glows to match 2018 reference)
  • Added animated Carousel objects
  • Added Porsche advertisement to grass before Porsche Turns.
  • Added nightlighting to Distance Markers, Turn Markers, Rolex Pit Lane objects and Michelin Pitwall Tower
  • Added clock animation to rolex pitlane object
  • Added extra trees beyond Tetre Rouge
  • Road and Curb Material Pass, adjusting roughness profiles and pass on albedo maps and improvements to race groove effect.
  • Reduced grip off racing line.
  • Adjustments to ambient sounds
  • Adjusted pit exit to be more accurate
  • Added practice only audience.
  • Adjusted 24h advertising frequency and added missing advert.
  • Minor adjustments to some tents to improve likeness to real life objects
  • Removed large street signs not present during race in real life.
  • Minor foliage optimization around Indianapolis
  • Fixed minor smoothing issue on Pit Building.
  • Fixed floating media light
  • Fixed various minor terrain issues
  • Fixed some incorrect shader assignments
  • Fixed night flickering on cones
  • Updated Podium Material
  • Low downforce package for GTE/LMP is now forced. This also means AI will use the low downforce package at default.
Tatuus Pack v1.03 (ALL)
  • Added new revised rain-light: less glare
  • Fixed clipping issues with TV and onboard cameras
  • F.3 T318 Fixed engine start timer
  • F4 T014 Fixed z-fighting issue with antenna and windscreen middle rivet
GTE Pack

Porsche 991 RSR GTE v1.83

• Le Mans BoP (Balance of Performance)
  • Adjusted up-shift clutch timing and default damper settings
  • Added gear ratio 14/41 for the 1st gear (used for the Le Mans package)
  • Fixed headlights glass popping in/out in track-side cams

Chevrolet Corvette C7.R GTE v1.89
  • Adjusted up-shift clutch timing and default damper settings
  • Locked differential settings (in line with the other GTEs)
  • Slight weight reduction
  • A bit more overall down-force
  • Slightly lower center of gravity
BMW M8 GTE v1.67
  • Adjusted up-shift clutch timing
  • Fixed AI bogging down on Le Mans on a formation lap
  • Slight weight reduction
  • Slightly more power/torque output

rFactor 2 is a PC exclusive racing sim from Studio 397 - Available now.

Check out the rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussion regarding this excellent sim. Like your racing hard and fair? Join in with our rFactor 2 Racing Club for all your eSport racing fun! Oh, don't forget we like mods to, with our own rFactor 2 Modding Forum for you to enjoy!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
as a recent newcomer to rFactor 2 I love to see the flurry of activity. back when rFactor 2 launched I gave it a hard miss as I found that their monetization method and lack of content was appalling for the price they were asking. Studio 397 put the game back in my radar and again and again have surpassed expectations. The first time I seriously reconsidered my position was with the release of the endurance pack. Then the challengers pack and Sebring... So in this Summer sale I finally pulled the trigger and must say I am extremely pleased with the handful of offline races I did and Sebring is amazing!

Looking forward to what is coming. I hope to see a lot more interesting tracks and a continuously improving title. BTW, these Tatuus cars are all unbelievably good. Really wish i could spend more time trying them out.

They killed every(except raceroom ofc) other sim for me, even ACC with just this one track... Le Mans.
If Lmp1 should be introduced I won`t have time to write even comments like this...

Thank god we still left you with one thing to write about then! Check out the upcoming interview here on RD for more background on how and why.

Thank god we still left you with one thing to write about then! Check out the upcoming interview here on RD for more background on how and why.

It is widely known that you won't introduce lmp1-h. What about non hybrid lmp1 though? I mean of course putting in lmp1h is meaningless now but gas guzzler lmp1 cars are the hot stuff currently.

@Paul Jeffrey

You missed the GTE updates:

Porsche 991 RSR GTE
v1.83
- Le Mans BoP (Balance of Performance)
- Adjusted up-shift clutch timing and default damper settings
- Added gear ratio 14/41 for the 1st gear (used for the Le Mans package)
- Fixed headlights glass popping in/out in track-side cams

Chevrolet Corvette C7.R GTE
v1.89
- Adjusted up-shift clutch timing and default damper settings
- Locked differential settings (in line with the other GTEs)
- Slight weight reduction
- A bit more overall down-force
- Slightly lower center of gravity

BMW M8 GTE v1.67
- Adjusted up-shift clutch timing
- Fixed AI bogging down on Le Mans on a formation lap
- Slight weight reduction
- Slightly more power/torque output

Someone else has problems about the steering wheel rotation angle since this last update?
My g25 doesn't work properly today, like 900º with all cars despite in control menu appears 540º with gte for example.
I don't know what happen, I never had this problem with rfactor 2, and I was playing this last weekend without issues.
I tested with automobilista and run perfectly. It must be something related with the update.

Are you insinuating that LMP1-H is now possible, and a release is imminent for RF2? Or, are you simply referring him to the live-stream where you politely suggested that you are not introducing these cars due to them being redundant?

Regardless of the above, LMP1-H is a welcome addition, and I am certain DLC purchases would follow if they were introduced.

Also I had no idea you could force car setups when loading a track, where do I find out more about this?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 100 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 180 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 354 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 497 39.2%