rF2: Le Mans and Marcel Offermans Interview - LIVE 14.06 @ 19:30 UTC!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
rF2 Le Mans talk n drive Live 1.jpg

Marcel Offermans and Paul Jeffrey take out the beautiful rFactor 2 Le Mans 24 Hour circuit in our live 'Talk n Drive' interview - Friday 14th June @ 19:30 UTC

Please note we are now going to be switching to the RD Twitch channel - Links updated

Watch the action live from 19:30 UTC (20:30 BST / 21:30 CEST) on the RaceDepartment Twitch channel as we take to the yet to be released Le Mans 24 Hour circuit in rFactor 2, trying out the venue for the first time and speaking with the man behind the magic - Marcel Offermans of Studio 397.

With the big race happening this coming weekend, what better time to build up the hype and check out the latest virtual creation for rFactor 2!

rF2 Le Mans talk n drive Live 2.jpg

For more from the world of rFactor 2, head over to the RaceDepartment rFactor 2 sub forum and connect with your fellow rF2 fans today!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
@Marcel Offermans

Issues regarding the safety car...
  • The AI driver behaviour under safety car can be debated as questionable. Speeding up / slowing down randomly around the lap. Sometimes on a straight.
  • The leader can sometimes gain a lot of time over the rest of the field under safety car. An issue I had in a stream at Silverstone just the other day.
  • And also, the AI sometimes completely ignore you and drive into you (mainly on the formation lap [rolling start] more than any other time)
  • When a driver you are following crashes under the safety car, you either have to wait and lost 20 positions for the guy to get going again, or you pass him, keep your position but get penalised about 50 percent of the time.
  • It can be frustrating and I have to disable safety car most races, which can be a shame in longer races. Of course, I understand in the config files you can adjust some safety settings, including the leniency of the safety car which covers the previous point, however, this can be difficult to get correct in regards to drivers crashing.
Also you asked whether we were asking about graphics. And it made me think: YES YES please let us have a new safety car because the old corvette with a bland livery, and no top lights is in desperate need of an update.

Hey everyone - thanks for watching!

Thank you to @Marcel Offermans and @Paul Glover for the stream, great stuff considering we only decided to do it last night!

Just wanted to clarify some stuff for those that might be interested. The initial idea of the stream was to focus just on the upcoming Le Mans track and not a general rF2 interview. The reason for this is Marcel currently has over 100 community generated questions I've sent him, and very soon we will be releasing that interview in written form here at RD (same style as the AMS2 one we did). I was conscious of avoiding overlap, but in the end the video kinda drifted off into that territory anyway so we just went with the flow!

Also apologies for small technical issues, including late switch to Twitch rather than YouTube. Basically it was so very, very last minute we just dealt with stuff as it happened. Must admit we enjoyed this format, so expect more of this kinda stuff (but much smoother put together and prepared)!

My apologies for cutting the session short. Unfortunately the call from the wife was to tell me our young lad has projected vomit and bum goodies all over the front room.. Unsurprisingly she was keen for me to come and provide some assistance!

Also for those that missed it live, the video will be available on demand on Twitch, and I will export it to YouTube soon as I can. Expect it on YT probably over the weekend.

One last thing, it would really help us out if you could please like / follow / subscribe to our RDTV YouTube and Twitch channels if you haven't already. Please do give us a follow on both channels, and please spread the word!

Thanks again everyone, always a pleasure doing this sort of stuff!

BW

Paul

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back