rF2: Le Mans and Marcel Offermans Interview - LIVE 14.06 @ 19:30 UTC!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
rF2 Le Mans talk n drive Live 1.jpg

Marcel Offermans and Paul Jeffrey take out the beautiful rFactor 2 Le Mans 24 Hour circuit in our live 'Talk n Drive' interview - Friday 14th June @ 19:30 UTC

Please note we are now going to be switching to the RD Twitch channel - Links updated

Watch the action live from 19:30 UTC (20:30 BST / 21:30 CEST) on the RaceDepartment Twitch channel as we take to the yet to be released Le Mans 24 Hour circuit in rFactor 2, trying out the venue for the first time and speaking with the man behind the magic - Marcel Offermans of Studio 397.

With the big race happening this coming weekend, what better time to build up the hype and check out the latest virtual creation for rFactor 2!

rF2 Le Mans talk n drive Live 2.jpg

For more from the world of rFactor 2, head over to the RaceDepartment rFactor 2 sub forum and connect with your fellow rF2 fans today!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
Looking forward to Le Mans.

Although I'm very unhappy with the lack of LMP1 cars. The more I think of the more I feel this gap. LMP2 is quiet good but this extreme high speed and difference in the performance we see each year in France is not covered by S397.
This is to be honest not what I expect from a sim, which should be THE Sim in terms of endurance racing, especially because it is the topclass which is missing.
Mods like the PX-one from URD can not fill this gap for several reasons.

The argument of s397, they skipped LMP1 also because it will be outdated soon. Yes, but the LMP2 Oreca07 in the way we have as well. Next year with the introduction of the new premium class the LMP2 will be limited, must be, a lot.

Really unfortune. Perhaps with the coming AI in iracing this could be an alternative for me as I always like AI-races. But there we have some issues with the ffb :sleep:

Lets hope for PC3 :roflmao:

The argument of s397, they skipped LMP1 also because it will be outdated soon. Yes, but the LMP2 Oreca07 in the way we have as well. Next year with the introduction of the new premium class the LMP2 will be limited, must be, a lot.

I think they made a perfectly valid argument. Due to the new class, it essentially means they'd have to build all cars again for 2020 and probably obtain new licenses again. We are speaking about a small team of developers here, they don't have the luxury of Forza or GT Sport to spend time on making everything. S397 will probably have to thinker carefully with every new license whether it's worth doing or not.

I'd imagine those LMP1 cars will lose popularity quickly when the new hypercars are out, which means they will lose DLC sales. Secondly, it can also be bad thing to have too many cars to choose from. It causes splitting of community, as people owning a different set of content can't race against each other online. This is actually one of the issues with iRacing these days.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 86 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 321 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 455 39.3%