rF2 | Le Mans 2020 Added Plus Various Other Updates

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Studio 397 have been busy with their rFactor 2 simulation, adding a raft of new updates that include the 2020 variation of the fabled Le Sarthe Circuit..
  • New updated adds Le Mans 24hr 2020.
  • Berlin, Silverstone and New York receive updates.

From the speed, noise and drama of Le Mans, to the innovation, electrical power and action of Formula E - content in rFactor 2 has been on the receiving end of the Studio 397 update treatment today, with a new patch having been deployed to the rFactor 2 simulation that brings a number of nice changes and improvements to four key racing venues within the title.

First up, and arguably the most high profile of the lot is a fresh 2020 update to the recent Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe DLC track within the sim. Now updated to version 2.51, the track has enjoyed a fresh pass by the art and team at Studio 397 to update it to the 2020 setup, including new signage and a selection of minor adjustments.

rf2 update.jpg

Other goodies brought about in this new update include a nice refresh for one of the older tracks within the title, as the home of the British Grand Prix (twice this year!) at Silverstone gets a good going over, with an endurance layout added, plus plenty of visual improvements and proper night lighting.

Berlin and New York from Formula E land have also been updated, details of which you will find below:

Le Mans 2018/2020 v2.51
  • Added 2020 advertisements
  • Adjusted LODs on brake markers
  • Improved grass colour
  • Added some adjustments to run off road colours
Berlin FE 2020 v1.07
  • More accurate racesurface
  • Added night-lighting
  • Fixed various collision issues
Silverstone v2.10
  • Fixed floating pit-out lights on old pit exit
  • Fixed various object popping issues
  • Fixed minor road gaps
  • Some Curb Adjustments for accuracy at Club & Copse
  • Slight tweaks to colour balance
  • Added Endurance layout with extra trackside lighting for nighttime racing
New York FE 2020 v1.05
  • Fixed minor camera activation issue

rFactor 2 is available exclusively on PC.

Want to know how to get the best from the sim? Start a thread in the rFactor 2 sub forum and let our community offer you the benefit of their massive combined experience.

rF2 footer.jpg

Attachments

• rF2 Header.jpg
    rF2 Header.jpg
    366.7 KB · Views: 423
Last edited:
They should release pre-setup events for things like LeMans and Formula E. What I mean by that is there should be an option in the main menu to play a LeMans event and the game sets up all the AI and road files appropriately, setup all the practise, quality and race sessions, give you options for time compression and weather etc. It's such a simple thing for them to do and it really would make the game so much more approachable.

Gevatter

The James May of Simracing
Good updates on Silverstone, looking forward to those. As I'm off to work shortly and can't check, are there now two versions of Le Mans or did they "only" update it to the current advertisments?

I bought rf2 a few weeks ago after refunding it a few years ago.
The GTE cars at Sebring or Portland are up there with the very best experiences ive had in 25 years of simracing, why did i wait so long to jump back in? Simply phenomenal physics and FFB.

The best there are, no doubt. And especially at Sebring which track surface feels so alive. The closet to the real thing.

Last edited:

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 86 19.5%
  • €151-500

Votes: 120 27.3%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 72 16.4%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 38 8.6%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 43 9.8%