RF2 keeps re-subsribing to unsubscribed steam workshop mods

Not sure If I have something messed up,
I don't launch RF2 too often these days, but when I do ( maybe once a month) I seem to be getting lot of "updating packages"
but what's weird, the content I see there are things I did unsubscribe from , I don't want these
why does it keep installing them?

is there another way to manage installed packages and subscription ?

I use the new UI, using the public_beta, in case that has anything to do with it

Last edited:
Not sure If I have something messed up,
I don't launch RF2 too often these days, but when I do ( maybe once a month) I seem to be getting lot of "updating packages"
but what's weird, the content I see there are things I did unsubscribe from , I don't want these
why does it keep installing them?

is there another way to manage installed packages and subscription ?

I use the new UI, using the public_beta, in case that has anything to do with it
While at it, how do you manage to unsubscribe (other than from by unsubscribing individually in steam).... like is there a local folder it reads from?

While at it, how do you manage to unsubscribe (other than from by unsubscribing individually in steam).... like is there a local folder it reads from?
within the game - with new UI - there is a page to manage content and you can delete stuff from there,
but for subscribe/unsubscribe that only steam thing, although again , in game you can see steam subscribed content and can unsubscribe from there

I was about to complain about unfinished Porsche ! and then I remember it's mine :D

Last edited:
It's only being generated after you first started rF2 after a new installation, so if you don't have it backed up somewhere, you'll have to start rF2 with your internet disconnected once, that should generate it without subscribing you to everything.

Last edited:
So answer is too disable all workshop items :O_o:

Start Steam , click on rF2 in list, click workshop , slick BROWSE click SUBSCRIBED ITEMS

That will bring up EVERYTHING you have subscribed

Now you see a tab for each content says "subscribed " click all done and faster then unsubscribing from workshop list which makes you click forward and back for each content

Untitled 1.jpg

Last edited:
So answer is too disable all workshop items :O_o:

Start Steam , click on rF2 in list, click workshop , slick BROWSE click SUBSCRIBED ITEMS

That will bring up EVERYTHING you have subscribed

Now you can can see a tab for each content says "subscribed " click all done and faster then unsubscribing from workshop list which makes you click forward and back
yeah but you don't necessarily know which contect is which exactly , in case you have similar cars. Like Porsche911 gt3 :) there's quite a few versions of this butyeah
i think i'mall set

I don't get what you mean ? Like you can't find the car in list ?

All you need do is have mod manager open beside steam
click on item you want to remove

At bottom of mod manager is the name of car ...right ?
Highlight the car name then right click Copy then paste into search bar in rF2 workshop

For a Porsche just search PORSCHE in list and they will all come up together :x3:

Untitled mod manager.jpg

What I meant , based on naming, it might not be always obvious which mod I'm removing, compared to doing this through steam, where I see it visually , that is all I meant

you might quite easily delete wrong one

(when you do it from within RF2 in content > workshop)

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 117 12.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 93 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 87 9.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 61 6.7%
  • < 5 years