RF2 guys.. what do you miss from GTR2 ?

I am about to release a project for GTR2.

New forced dx9 SRPL shaders, new correct realistic lighting, etc.

But I think all track guys that evolutioned, have migrated to new sims like RF2.

now would you miss anything from GTR2 ?

here a sunrise sshot:
1.JPG

Some shots with GFX user @ Johannesburg, that i have update some months ago.
You mean updated to use with my new shaders? gtreat to hear that. I will download if is a link.

Iwas looking at the reflection at sshot nº3, on the right door of the white bmw car. What a great reflection. I have not seen some like that before (except when I tried mcfly ray tracing on GTR2).
Im glad you give it a go to my pacth and find it useful.

BTW it seem you have some issues with aliasing.
have you tried to ad mip mapping levels (maybe 3) to the textures until the aliasing dissapears?

I remember I search and understand something like this about aliasing and mip map bias ( if i am not wrong)
that as an object gets far away (and smaller to the eye), its texture should (obviously) reduce its resolution.
But it doesnt hapen unless you specify (to the hardware) to do it (by using mip mapinng levels; they appear on Geditor).
So your hardware (or software driver, it doesnt matter) is all the time trying to show the same resolution pixels to an image that its extremely smaller on the distance and it has to work its own FORCED way until you are close enought to see it correctly. (while you drive towards it)

So size and resolution it has to match so it wont produce aliasing with distance. And its worse with movement.

So it doesnt matter if you use high res textures, becouse mip mapping leves will reduce it automatically for a given distance (i think specified in your PLR file, doesnt matter).

Also FPS will probably improve. (have not check)
Every level (1, 2, 3...) it will divide resolution by half.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 315 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 216 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 213 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 273 13.4%