Rf2 guide?

I know iam asking alot here, but would one of the more experienced rf2 users be willing to do a "all you need to know" rf2 guide?
I would love to give this title more use but it just seems every time I fire it up I spend more time tweaking, setting up or encounter a new bug rather than racing than I just get frustrated and end up turning it off and playing another title.
For myself, graphics, performance content are all fine my current issues are as following....
I've followed all the wheel setup guides and had it working great but with the latest update my Thrustmaster tx with the same settings, we'll. ....feels terrible
There's no road feel, the contact patch feels like Iam using only about an inch of the tire, the second I turn into a corner the wheel goes light and induces an understeer slide.
Yes Iam using rubbered in roads :)
900 in tm profile auto calibrate degrees checked in game per car

Graphics...I have no visual backfire. I had the same issue in gsc and rre the sector3 devs found the issue and fixed it and claimed it was a broken feature with certain setup...possibly amd gpus?
Contact sounds......I hardly ever hear any collision sounds when making contact with another vehicle and once in a while if I full throttle into a barrier it will result in a sound ingame, if I watch a replay the sounds are heard?

I've done a clean install of the game, checked the files, all drivers are upto date ingame content is running the latest version of content.

Pc specs
I7 2600 r9 290 4gb windows 8.1 running on a samsung 840 evo games on a separate 2tb hdd 16 gb corsair dominator ram 3 x 24" acer 1080p monitors

Cheers

@Kurupt CDN I have everything you don't. I will admit that since the update, I'm still getting the graphics sorted but I'm getting closer. I also have a TX and have posted previously my settings and how to get the better FFB experience. I have a different card to you, a GTX 770 so I won't be too much help there but I've driven the Honda since the update and have had lots of flames from back fire, so much that I have to keep stopping and getting the fire extinguisher out lol. With the TX, I would change your steering torque minimum in the controller file and then alter the smoothing in the controller setting. It's different for each car but I seems to once you've got your torque sorted then you only need to alter the smoothing. You will also need to pedal overlay for the clipping. You will need this first then you can make the adjustments with the torque/smoothing etc. Anything else please ask.

Thanks guys....Graphics are fine as I run triples on max settings and get 85+fps just the backfire issue which I mentioned is to believed to be a broken code with amd gpus.
I've followed the torque tweak setting a while back but I'll revisit again to make sure nothing has reverted and I've used the clipping tool since day one :)
I'll keep at it

Thanks guys....Graphics are fine as I run triples on max settings and get 85+fps just the backfire issue which I mentioned is to believed to be a broken code with amd gpus.
I've followed the torque tweak setting a while back but I'll revisit again to make sure nothing has reverted and I've used the clipping tool since day one :)
I'll keep at it
What min torque do you have it at?

Yup west coast, canada
Thanks guys I spent a little time last night reading and tweaking, felt a bit better in regards to road feel after adjusting the min. Torque setting.
The best info that I'll just have to come to grips with this statement from Andrews post

"The current rf2 physics and tire models will give you much more feedback then you might have experienced before, consequently you need to basically re-learn how to drive effectively because chances are you will get into trouble sooner then used to. This is not GPL or rf1, its just different ok?"

back to the drawing board I guess

So after posting on the isi forum over 2 months ago regarding my issues I finally got an answer on one of my issues!
I can't confirm this just soley trusting there experience and findings:)
A forum member went digging into the files after seeing one of my post on YouTube regarding no visual backfire and found that up to a few builds ago isi forgot or for some reason decided to remove the visual backfire effects in all the new cars but they are present in older non update vehicles, further searching showed some cars missing some of the collision files As well
so my question is why and why hasn't many other people noticed this?
Is everyone missing them or just a bug with certain setups?

Edit: I can confirm that all the cars that have been updated since late last summer are missing the backfire and some collision files, older cars like the civic are fine :)

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back