rF2 GT3 Power Pack Released Alongside New Update

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
rF2 Callaway Corvette C7 GT3-R.jpg

Studio 397 have released the new 'GT3 Power Pack' DLC for rFactor 2, adding five new GT3 spec cars alongside a brand new build update.

Now unfortunately it looks like those of us excited to try out the new rain effects will have to wait just a little bit longer, as the new build update released today has more of a focus on some impressive new visual damage modeling and tyre model updates, as well as the new cars of course. Despite its relative compact size the improvements should immediately be noticeable for rFactor 2 fans, with some subtle but encouraging enhancements made across several areas of the simulation, and plenty more planned for the near future.

The new build and car DLC are both available now, with the update automatically installing when you next restart your Steam client.

Want to know more about the future of rFactor 2? Don't forget to check out our interview with Studio 397 head man @Marcel Offermans HERE.

Build Changelog:
  • Added: An extended visual damage model featuring a combination of dents, scratches and cracks on the bodywork of cars, which has been implemented on the GT3 pack.
  • Added: New window and headlight glass shader that produces more realistic reflections. All five GT3 cars use it.
  • Added: Controller Profiles for Thrustmaster T-GT, T-GT Ferrari F1 Addon, TS-XW, TS-XW with Ferrari F1 Addon.
  • Added: Updates to the CPM model.
  • Fixed: Various small fixes to the no rain zone code that prevents rain from entering closed cockpits.
  • Fixed: All controller profiles default inputs are now assigned to JOY1.
  • Fixed: Bumped the rFactor 2 version for multiplayer compatibility to 1109 because of the new visual dents that required changes to the multiplayer protocol.

The GT3 Power Pack DLC
Available now via the Steam store, the GT3 Power Pack can be purchased as either a full five car package or as individual items. The pack retails for £13.35 and can be purchased HERE.

Bentley Continental GT3
rF2 bentley.jpg

The Bentley Continental GT3 was first unveiled at the Goodwood Festival Of Speed in 2013; and since has been competing in many different GT3 championships across the globe. Even though the car looks big, it is actually very light; and its 600 horsepower 4.0 liter twin turbo engine makes it a force to be reckoned with.

Radical RXC Turbo GT3
rF2 Radical RXC Turbo GT3.jpg

The Radical RXC Turbo GT3 is a bit of a rare appearance in the GT3 field, but it certainly is a very strong contender. Its light and stiff body holds a 3.5 liter Ford Ecoboost V6 engine with twin turbos and intercoolers, delivering over 500 horsepower. This car competes in the GT Open and debuted in 2016 at the season opener at Estoril. Of all the cars in the pack, this one probably feels the most like an open wheeler.

Callaway Corvette C7 GT3-R
rF2 Callaway Corvette C7 GT3-R.jpg

The Callaway Corvette C7 GT3-R, designed and built by Callaway Competition in Leingarten, Germany, started life on the drawing boards in 2014 and hit the tracks in 2016 when it started competing in the ADAC GT Masters. That campaign proved to be very successful; and recently it was announced that this car is now also ready to debut in the US, with GM giving permission to run in its home country. This 600 horsepower, 6.2 liter V8 packs a serious punch and sounds great. Nick-named “Darth Vader”, as it was first shown with an all-black carbon fiber body, this car will definitely remind you to hit your braking points and apexes if it shows up in your rear mirror!

Mercedes AMG GT3
rF2 Mercedes AMG GT3.jpg

The Mercedes AMG GT3 was presented to the world in March of 2015 at the Geneva Motor Show. The 6.2 liter naturally aspirated V8 engine and carbon-fiber body ensure this car can always be found at the front of the pack. Apart from racing in GT3, this car has also been entered in both the Super GT GT300 and IMSA GTD classes.

McLaren 650S GT3
rF2 McLaren 650S GT3.jpg

The McLaren 650S GT3 is a car we already released earlier this year for the World’s Fastest Gamer competition. The car made its debut in 2015 and was designed and optimised to contest GT3 championships. Building on the MP4-12C GT3, it offered optimisations in many areas, including aerodynamics. Powered by a 3.8 liter twin turbo V8 engine that is known to spit fire like there’s no tomorrow, this car is definitely an awesome appearance on any track. We have updated this car based on community feedback and additional data we received.

rFactor 2 is a PC exclusive racing simulation available worldwide via the Steam network.

Check out the rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for all the latest news and discussion with regards to the simulation. You can take part in lively debates with fellow rFactor 2 fans and take part in some great Club and League racing events..! Head over to the forum now and share the love this simulation so very much deserves...

Excited to finally get chance to try the latest rFactor 2 DLC? What are your impressions so far? Which is your favorite car of the pack? What would you like to see next from S397? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Can you buy a single car to drive and the other cars are there to race against, or do you have to buy the entire pack to race against. Really only interested in the Calloway and Mercedes.

So did they fix the bugs that cause AI to constantly pit in the rain, and a drying race line to have more grip than a completely dry track? Does the UI still look like an early beta of a PS2 game?

Or were they just too busy working on the cash grab to fix flaws in the core game that have been around for years?

New update is nice, i'm using the DX11 beta and since i went on that RF2 is getting better and better, well worth the £11.99 i paid for it...
Little bit bothered that i paid for the McLaren yet seem to have to buy it again to get the full pack? Hope i'm wrong..

The thing i really like about the RF2 graphics in DX11 is the way the distance seems in the distance, hard to explain but the use of a great colour palette and the frankly fantastic trees and fine details of track buildings (on some tracks), it just really gets the feel of being actually in the world. Like i say hard to explain, but some times with games its tricky to always get the perpective right and so a tree or building in the distance can seem like its actually just a photograph, flat, RF2 seems to make it all feel more 3D?
Regardless, It's a wonderful game to have in anyone's collection.

Sweet! How do you know if you own the pack/cars without checking it in the sim? On the store page it says "Buy" on the pack and cars. Pretty sure i bought the pack long time ago but there is no way to see it. Same with checking "DLC" under properties. rFactor 2 has no DLC tab, so...?

Also, is it only me who gets "GT3 updates failed" every time those cars update? I think they work properly but it always says "failed" when updating them. Like one of the updates of them fails for some reason even though i do think they are installed. Just a bit weird.

So did they fix the bugs that cause AI to constantly pit in the rain, and a drying race line to have more grip than a completely dry track? Does the UI still look like an early beta of a PS2 game?

Or were they just too busy working on the cash grab to fix flaws in the core game that have been around for years?
This argument has been answered over 9000 times in the past but here we go again:

Content guys work on cars&tracks.
Developers work on new features, bugs etc.
New content has nothing to do with bug fixing since different people work on them.

Sweet! How do you know if you own the pack/cars without checking it in the sim? On the store page it says "Buy" on the pack and cars. Pretty sure i bought the pack long time ago but there is no way to see it. Same with checking "DLC" under properties. rFactor 2 has no DLC tab, so...?

Also, is it only me who gets "GT3 updates failed" every time those cars update? I think they work properly but it always says "failed" when updating them. Like one of the updates of them fails for some reason even though i do think they are installed. Just a bit weird.
Alex , remember that there is a new beta build (1109)

Your name on top menu in Steam, put the cursor on it, then click on Inventory, select rF2 and there they are

This argument has been answered over 9000 times in the past but here we go again:

Content guys work on cars&tracks.
Developers work on new features, bugs etc.
New content has nothing to do with bug fixing since different people work on them.

That BS marketing lie has been parroted over 9000 times. All they have to do is cut resources spent on the "content guys" and divert it to bug fixing. But they won't, because there's a sucker born every minute.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 111 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 286 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 414 39.8%