rF2: GT3 Challengers DLC Update

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Along with a new roadmap posting comes a fresh update - adding a new lick of paint to the outstanding GT3 Challengers DLC for rFactor 2.

Released back on December 23rd to a very positive reception, myself very much included in that statement, Studio 397 have revisited the GT3 Challengers DLC once again, this time updating these splendid cars with some much needed new paintwork, as well as the very much anticipated new painting templates to allow our ever impressive community members to create their own colour schemes for these five GT3 spec cars.

Now, why so long after release to deploy the painting template I hear you ask? That my friends is a very good question - the answer to which is complex for a layman like me, but basically it is to do with the fact that these five cars are created using a fancy new shader technology in rFactor 2. For players this means the cars look much prettier, but for painters a new process will have to be undertaken to create liveries in future. You can read more about what this means, and to access the new documentation, here.

All in all, a busy but pleasing day for rFactor 2 fans!

GT3 Challengers Update Notes:

Aston Martin Vantage GT3
v1.31
  • Added new teams and liveries.
  • Added templates fully set up for the new material editor
Audi R8LMS GT3
v1.21
BMW M6 GT3
v1.15
McLaren 720s GT3
v1.27
Porsche 911 GT3R
v1.23

rFactor 2 is a PC exclusive racing simulation available worldwide via the Steam network.

Check out the rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for all the latest news and discussion with regards to the simulation. You can take part in lively debates with fellow rFactor 2 fans and take part in some great Club and League racing events..!

Like what you see here at RD? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Superb set of GT3 cars ..RD are racing this pack, along with the previous released GT3 pack, next Friday 08 Feb 2019

Choose Your Weapon On The Night
  • McLaren 650S - GT3 Pack
  • Mercedes AMG - GT3 Pack
  • Radical RXC Turbo - GT3 Pack
  • Corvette C7 - GT3 Pack
  • Bentley Continental - GT3 Pack
  • McLaren 720S - Challengers Pack
  • Audi R8 LMS - Challengers Pack
  • Porsche 911 R - Challengers Pack
  • BMW M6 - Challengers Pack
  • Aston Martin - Challengers Pack
CLICK Here To Enter This Event :thumbsup::D:thumbsup:

Last edited:
They do mention the UI, its just not in this post.

Let’s also look at some of the work in progress, just to give you an update on how things are going. Our competition system and new UI are the highest priority things our developers are working on right now. Step by step we will be expanding the competition system and testing more parts of it in public, and we’re currently integrating it into our new UI to ensure it is both easy to find and join competitions. Expect us to reveal more towards the end of the first quarter of this year.

I've tested the update yesterday and can see the new cars look a bit better, but maybe it is me, maybe it is the game....why do cars look cartoonish? I mean, it is likely to be some colours, usually bright colours that give the game a cartoonish look. It breaks the immersion for me.

I've tested the update yesterday and can see the new cars look a bit better, but maybe it is me, maybe it is the game....why do cars look cartoonish? I mean, it is likely to be some colours, usually bright colours that give the game a cartoonish look. It breaks the immersion for me.

I dont care the graphics! I play also GPL from 1998 it never being borring

Physics is everything for me.... last I drive the new Jaguar gt3 from acerto corsa blaicpain.... 3 laps on the supb graphics zolder. But it feels strange.
rfactor 2 I can drive the whole day...

Hope thy fix multiplayer sorting, lobby, creation of a server, etc, because every time i try to play rf2 online I ended up playing alone, sometimes mod does not download, most servers are full of AI fake players, seraching for GT or openwheel is impossible, searching for a certain track too, a disaster online.
Rf2 will pump a LOT, if it makes a lobby not only for private leagues, because the mayority of the people we don't have the time to spend on it and we only want to fire it up sometimes and play with random people. Also for group leagues creation, they should make group lobbys independent from races, as "clans" zones in some other videogames, to chat, organize, and post downloads.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 232 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 161 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 156 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 118 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 223 14.2%