rF2 | Ferrari Licence Secured As rFactor 2 Hints At Upcoming 'Le Mans Special' DLC Pack

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Studio 397 have secured rights to bring the legendary Ferrari brand to rFactor 2, announcing on Friday that the Italian marque will be represented in the simulation with the 488 GTE and GT3 models as part of a new 'Le Mans Special' DLC.

Having long professed their love of the legendary Le Mans 24 Hours (the name Studio 397 is a nod to the greatest number of laps completed during the French endurance classic), it comes as no surprise that they would have their eye on bringing Le Mans related content and events to the simulation over time.

Having already released an excellent laserscanned version of the classic circuit, as well as a number of GT and Prototype cars, the next big piece of the content jigsaw puzzle has been revealed - with Ferrari confirmed as an official piece of content for the first time in the history of the rFactor franchise.

Revealed as part of the announcement that this June 13th - 14th rFactor 2 will be used as the official Le Mans 24 Hours esport event, organised by the ACO and Motorsport Games, the news of Ferrari finally coming to the simulation will doubtless be well received by the sim racing community. With just a small teaser footnote regarding the GT3 and GTE specification cars as part of the announcement, Studio 397 are expected to reveal more information about this exciting new content in the near future.

What we do know is the 488 GT3 and GTE will form part of a special Le Mans DLC package, and if players already have some of the content contained within this pack (one assumes the Le Mans track will form part of it), then the cars will be available to purchase separately and thus avoid the need to to re-buy content already owned.

Stay tuned for more information as and when it becomes available.

Original Source: Studio 397

rFactor 2 is available exclusively on PC.

Want to know how to get the best from the sim? Start a thread in the rFactor 2 sub forum and let our community offer you the benefit of their massive combined experience.

rF2 Le Mans Ferrari.jpg

Attachments

• rF2 Le Mans Ferrari Header.jpg
    rF2 Le Mans Ferrari Header.jpg
    262.5 KB · Views: 566
Would love the Ford to be added, such an awesome looking car and with that lighting too.
Imagine the possibilities with modding the skins and changing your lighting to fit your skin/mood etc.
Any chance that S397 are going to announce a WEC deal at some point?
Or do we think, or hope, that they're secretly working on the new BTCC title instead?

Raceroom is free to play, don't forget
I know what you mean - ofcourse.
But if I were nitpicking then I could refer to extremely many people who allways critizise the price for Raceroom.
Take as example my wellknown friend Pawgy who have completely stopped using Raceroom - because it is so damned expensive.
So...:sneaky:

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: OK maybe I shouldnt have mentioned Pawgy - because he allways seem to have problems with rF2:roflmao:

You completely missed the point but well. This discussion isn't about how many people play rF2 or Raceroom, this is about the statement that rF2 is losing players. Wich is actually just wrong when you do the math and check the data. I could add an AC graph to the discussion and you would fall flat on your face, but that's actually not the point. Infact, all sims and PC games in general are gaining players these days. If you don't know how to use and interprete the graphs, then please don't even start. But no matter how much factual evidence there is, it's allways the same people using every opportunity do add their halfknowledge to the discussion and make it a fact, when it comes to rF2 topics. This topic is about rF2, them getting a lisence for Ferrari and getting a partnership with WEC to run a virtual Le Mans. How people can find anything negative and get into the same sh*t loop of never ending discussions again is beyond me. Do you really think they would invest into such a project and lisence if they were running out of people playing the sim or not 100% serious about their product? You guys are funny sometimes. :D

You completely missed the point but well. This discussion isn't about how many people play rF2 or Raceroom, this is about the statement that rF2 is losing players. Wich is actually just wrong when you do the math and check the data. I could add an AC graph to the discussion and you would fall flat on your face, but that's actually not the point. Infact, all sims and PC games in general are gaining players these days. If you don't know how to use and interprete the graphs, then please don't even start. But no matter how much factual evidence there is, it's allways the same people using every opportunity do add their halfknowledge to the discussion and make it a fact, when it comes to rF2 topics. This topic is about rF2, them getting a lisence for Ferrari and getting a partnership with WEC to run a virtual Le Mans. How people can find anything negative and get into the same sh*t loop of never ending discussions again is beyond me. Do you really think they would invest into such a project and lisence if they were running out of people playing the sim or not 100% serious about their product? You guys are funny sometimes. :D

Correct and I welcome that ferrari and the wec join rfactor 2, hopefully they solve the interface and work correctly online because it is a great simulator. If you are a lover of pure and simple simulation this is your sim, if you prefer to play for a little while this is not your sim.
Since studio 397 came, they have improved it a lot and with the support of all the users they will continue improving it even

So just playing ACC catchup then? Is this their roadmap? Hopefully we get AC levels of Ferrari not just one car.
They released GT3's before ACC came out. Also, the cars have tons of feeling and communicate really well through the wheel. In ACC i can make a turn and spin with no information that this will happen at all. ACC looks better but rF2 gives me more excitement during a race. Also rF2 has official GTE cars and tracks which are being added to like now with a Ferrari. Good stuff.

You completely missed the point but well. This discussion isn't about how many people play rF2 or Raceroom, this is about the statement that rF2 is losing players. Wich is actually just wrong when you do the math and check the data.
Another explanation could be that you either are not able to read or you read so many of your personal presumptions into the single word I answered.
One will check ones facts before talking nonsense:
Because here I answered the single word "Right" - and posted the graph displaying participation between rF2 and Raceroom.

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: So because I as kind of support does post a graph displaying participation between rF2 and Raceroom I dont understand.
Hehe Im not sure its me who dont understand something. But ok at least its not me who have problems with participation in a certain sim :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 109 8.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 140 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 205 15.0%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 384 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 522 38.2%