rF2 | Ferrari Licence Secured As rFactor 2 Hints At Upcoming 'Le Mans Special' DLC Pack

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Studio 397 have secured rights to bring the legendary Ferrari brand to rFactor 2, announcing on Friday that the Italian marque will be represented in the simulation with the 488 GTE and GT3 models as part of a new 'Le Mans Special' DLC.

Having long professed their love of the legendary Le Mans 24 Hours (the name Studio 397 is a nod to the greatest number of laps completed during the French endurance classic), it comes as no surprise that they would have their eye on bringing Le Mans related content and events to the simulation over time.

Having already released an excellent laserscanned version of the classic circuit, as well as a number of GT and Prototype cars, the next big piece of the content jigsaw puzzle has been revealed - with Ferrari confirmed as an official piece of content for the first time in the history of the rFactor franchise.

Revealed as part of the announcement that this June 13th - 14th rFactor 2 will be used as the official Le Mans 24 Hours esport event, organised by the ACO and Motorsport Games, the news of Ferrari finally coming to the simulation will doubtless be well received by the sim racing community. With just a small teaser footnote regarding the GT3 and GTE specification cars as part of the announcement, Studio 397 are expected to reveal more information about this exciting new content in the near future.

What we do know is the 488 GT3 and GTE will form part of a special Le Mans DLC package, and if players already have some of the content contained within this pack (one assumes the Le Mans track will form part of it), then the cars will be available to purchase separately and thus avoid the need to to re-buy content already owned.

Stay tuned for more information as and when it becomes available.

Original Source: Studio 397

rFactor 2 is available exclusively on PC.

Want to know how to get the best from the sim? Start a thread in the rFactor 2 sub forum and let our community offer you the benefit of their massive combined experience.

rF2 Le Mans Ferrari.jpg

Attachments

• rF2 Le Mans Ferrari Header.jpg
    rF2 Le Mans Ferrari Header.jpg
    262.5 KB · Views: 572
So just playing ACC catchup then? Is this their roadmap? Hopefully we get AC levels of Ferrari not just one car.

Not much sense to spend that amount of money (10$ for track and 5$ for single car) to play offline. rF2 doesn't have multiplayer to be fair, all you can do is watch their online events. Devs basically make content for online broadcasted events, and we pay for it, just to play offline afterwards.

Not much sense to spend that amount of money (10$ for track and 5$ for single car) to play offline. rF2 doesn't have multiplayer to be fair, all you can do is watch their online events. Devs basically make content for online broadcasted events, and we pay for it, just to play offline afterwards.
Why don't you treat yourself to Race Department premium? Weekly races using a huge variety of content for like £12 a year?

Also, your premium subscription goes towards running the site, server, unlimited downloads etc.

Edit: in fact 24th of this month is Racedepartments 2.4 hours of Le Mans! Perfect time for you to join up!

Last edited:
Nice that S397 have managed to bag themselves a Ferrari Licence. Looking forward to the car(s) being added on.

I have my fingers crossed for S397 that the "official" Le Mans e-sports race goes ok. I've done RF2 league races with 30+ cars but whenever the numbers go higher than that, the servers can hit issues, etc. However in fairness to the game you can have people racing from all four corners of the globe and I've yet to do any online race where we haven't had issues with people disconnecting or having ping issues. Especially with large grids.

However in contrast to comments above I race online with RF2 regularly and really enjoy it. I'm registered on about three or four websites/discord groups and race mainly at the weekends (work stops me racing during the week).

I would've done the Le Mans race on here but that filled up almost immediately. lol :)

The S397 version of Le Mans is superb, just like Sebring it's probably the best versions of these two tracks available in racing sims at the moment.

I thought the official Le Man's esport thing was on Forza Motorsport with the final happening on-site during the event. Which of course isn't happening now, at least not until September based on the current Le Mans rescheduling. I guess this will be an esport event to coincide with what would have been the 2020 24h Le Man's in June and the Forza thing (and a difference audience, I get that) might happen in September?

Why don't you treat yourself to Race Department premium? Weekly races using a huge variety of content for like £12 a year?

Also, your premium subscription goes towards running the site, server, unlimited downloads etc.

Edit: in fact 24th of this month is Racedepartments 2.4 hours of Le Mans! Perfect time for you to join up!

You see, that's the problem. I have to spend even more money, follow 3rd party events and depend on RD schedule to play rf2 online, for which I have bought most of the official dlc content. It's not like opening the game when I have time and choosing a server which runs tracks and cars I paid for.

Happy for S397, Ferrari definitely piques my interest. I'll probably resist at first and then make a rash purchase once others tell how great it is, then I will play a bunch of offline races before getting bored and going back to other games. I just wish they would focus on game updates instead of more content when I have loads already.

You see, that's the problem. I have to spend even more money, follow 3rd party events and depend on RD schedule to play rf2 online, for which I have bought most of the official dlc content. It's not like opening the game when I have time and choosing a server which runs tracks and cars I paid for.
I do agree with that it's not like 'arrive and drive' whenever you want. RF2 is a great sim, but my god the UI and the fragmented player base is dreadful.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 364 15.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 303 13.2%