rF2 | Ferrari Licence Secured As rFactor 2 Hints At Upcoming 'Le Mans Special' DLC Pack

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Studio 397 have secured rights to bring the legendary Ferrari brand to rFactor 2, announcing on Friday that the Italian marque will be represented in the simulation with the 488 GTE and GT3 models as part of a new 'Le Mans Special' DLC.

Having long professed their love of the legendary Le Mans 24 Hours (the name Studio 397 is a nod to the greatest number of laps completed during the French endurance classic), it comes as no surprise that they would have their eye on bringing Le Mans related content and events to the simulation over time.

Having already released an excellent laserscanned version of the classic circuit, as well as a number of GT and Prototype cars, the next big piece of the content jigsaw puzzle has been revealed - with Ferrari confirmed as an official piece of content for the first time in the history of the rFactor franchise.

Revealed as part of the announcement that this June 13th - 14th rFactor 2 will be used as the official Le Mans 24 Hours esport event, organised by the ACO and Motorsport Games, the news of Ferrari finally coming to the simulation will doubtless be well received by the sim racing community. With just a small teaser footnote regarding the GT3 and GTE specification cars as part of the announcement, Studio 397 are expected to reveal more information about this exciting new content in the near future.

What we do know is the 488 GT3 and GTE will form part of a special Le Mans DLC package, and if players already have some of the content contained within this pack (one assumes the Le Mans track will form part of it), then the cars will be available to purchase separately and thus avoid the need to to re-buy content already owned.

Stay tuned for more information as and when it becomes available.

Original Source: Studio 397

rFactor 2 is available exclusively on PC.

Want to know how to get the best from the sim? Start a thread in the rFactor 2 sub forum and let our community offer you the benefit of their massive combined experience.

rF2 Le Mans Ferrari.jpg

Attachments

• rF2 Le Mans Ferrari Header.jpg
    rF2 Le Mans Ferrari Header.jpg
    262.5 KB · Views: 566
Good content addition. Would rather see GTE, but still good nonetheless. The bigger issue for me is that if they're going to keep charging $10 for each car, these cars need proper working ABS/TC lights on the dash as well as realistic ABS/TC settings.
Eh, you know that you will get the GTE as well as the GT3 version of the 488? :)

Good point about the LED indicators though.

I really like the arrival of ferrari in rf2, we will have an almost complete wec pack. The physics are the best on the market along with the ffb, it lacks details on the board such as TC and ABS lights, but it is strong in other points. For 3 years I was the owner of iracing and the online competitions are fantastic but the ffb is dead and I plant (I play with a direc force) and the physical ones do not come close to those of rf2, nor does it have a real variable climate. Each sim has its strengths and weaknesses. I hope the Ferrari and I will definitely buy it

Looking forward to giving both of these GT3 and GTE cars a good thrashing around the tracks asap
I also agree as others have said, this title seriously needs to have the online component looked at as a matter of urgency. It's so offline right now, unless you join the great races here on RD, and this needs to change asap.
When I have 30 mins spare, I'm not loading up rF2, I'm on ACC for that instant, jump in and race people immediately experience. If rF2 had this option I'd probably play it just as much.
There is a reason why ACC, even though it's one of the newest kids on the block, is gaining quickly in play hours on my Steam account.

Last edited:
so just spitballing on the Le mans DLC pack,
maybe a P1 car (rebellion would be easy as its based on the oreca 07 with is already in the game)
and maybe C8R? would love to see it
but who knows it could just be some classic stuff with would sure bring up some arguments about which era was better so...

so just spitballing on the Le mans DLC pack,
maybe a P1 car (rebellion would be easy as its based on the oreca 07 with is already in the game)
and maybe C8R? would love to see it
but who knows it could just be some classic stuff with would sure bring up some arguments about which era was better so...

There will be no LMP1s. S397 stated that many times, to be focused on the future LMHs/classes.

However, if you take the trend from 2015 until Feb 2020.....

Except rF2 was primarily non-steam in 2015. The real change-over to steam came with the first steam only build 1108 in late December 2016. So if you are looking to measure growth of player numbers using steam figures Jan 2017 is your best baseline. Of course it still shows noticeable growth, from around 350 to 450 average players at any one time.

You see, that's the problem. I have to spend even more money, follow 3rd party events and depend on RD schedule to play rf2 online, for which I have bought most of the official dlc content. It's not like opening the game when I have time and choosing a server which runs tracks and cars I paid for.
Go to.iracing Oh no that cost you 11$ 1 track and 15$ for 1 car and only 120$ or so per year for online and when you dont pay for online you cant even play your 800$ card and tracks Offline So go RF2 go

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 114 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 157 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 299 27.8%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 425 39.5%