• Guest, RaceDepartment is now on Discord!  Join Here

rF2 | Ferrari Licence Secured As rFactor 2 Hints At Upcoming 'Le Mans Special' DLC Pack

thepharcyde

1000RPM
Nov 1, 2015
Good content addition. Would rather see GTE, but still good nonetheless. The bigger issue for me is that if they're going to keep charging $10 for each car, these cars need proper working ABS/TC lights on the dash as well as realistic ABS/TC settings.
And forced induction noise

Aug 28, 2017
Great news - until now, I used to see Ferrari as the Linda Evangelista of driving games...the brand who won't get out of bed for X amount of money.

tr1v1um

100RPM
May 19, 2013
Good content addition. Would rather see GTE, but still good nonetheless. The bigger issue for me is that if they're going to keep charging $10 for each car, these cars need proper working ABS/TC lights on the dash as well as realistic ABS/TC settings.
Eh, you know that you will get the GTE as well as the GT3 version of the 488? :)

Good point about the LED indicators though.

franserq

1RPM
Jul 19, 2018
I really like the arrival of ferrari in rf2, we will have an almost complete wec pack. The physics are the best on the market along with the ffb, it lacks details on the board such as TC and ABS lights, but it is strong in other points. For 3 years I was the owner of iracing and the online competitions are fantastic but the ffb is dead and I plant (I play with a direc force) and the physical ones do not come close to those of rf2, nor does it have a real variable climate. Each sim has its strengths and weaknesses. I hope the Ferrari and I will definitely buy it

sentry87

25RPM
Jun 29, 2019
It'll be nice to have ferrari gt3 that bop's well with the other gt3's. Now we just need the Lamborghini

The GT Formula

2000RPM
Premium
Aug 25, 2009
Looking forward to giving both of these GT3 and GTE cars a good thrashing around the tracks asap
I also agree as others have said, this title seriously needs to have the online component looked at as a matter of urgency. It's so offline right now, unless you join the great races here on RD, and this needs to change asap.
When I have 30 mins spare, I'm not loading up rF2, I'm on ACC for that instant, jump in and race people immediately experience. If rF2 had this option I'd probably play it just as much.
There is a reason why ACC, even though it's one of the newest kids on the block, is gaining quickly in play hours on my Steam account.

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2018
so just spitballing on the Le mans DLC pack,
maybe a P1 car (rebellion would be easy as its based on the oreca 07 with is already in the game)
and maybe C8R? would love to see it
but who knows it could just be some classic stuff with would sure bring up some arguments about which era was better so...

fireballr18

100RPM
Mar 3, 2018
maybe a P1 car (rebellion would be easy as its based on the oreca 07 with is already in the game)
but who knows it could just be some classic stuff with would sure bring up some arguments about which era was better so...
There will be no LMP1s. S397 stated that many times, to be focused on the future LMHs/classes.

Leonardo Chaves

1000RPM
Oct 11, 2010
So just playing ACC catchup then? Is this their roadmap? Hopefully we get AC levels of Ferrari not just one car.
It would be great, a couple of road cars, some classics, F1s from various eras including a modern one...
That would be something.

488 GT3 to me is like arriving at a party as it is winding down.

Reactions: Mekonrider

David Wright

1000RPM
Sep 27, 2009
However, if you take the trend from 2015 until Feb 2020.....
Except rF2 was primarily non-steam in 2015. The real change-over to steam came with the first steam only build 1108 in late December 2016. So if you are looking to measure growth of player numbers using steam figures Jan 2017 is your best baseline. Of course it still shows noticeable growth, from around 350 to 450 average players at any one time.

Peter Stokman

500RPM
Premium
Mar 18, 2013
You see, that's the problem. I have to spend even more money, follow 3rd party events and depend on RD schedule to play rf2 online, for which I have bought most of the official dlc content. It's not like opening the game when I have time and choosing a server which runs tracks and cars I paid for.
Go to.iracing Oh no that cost you 11$ 1 track and 15$ for 1 car and only 120$ or so per year for online and when you dont pay for online you cant even play your 800$ card and tracks Offline So go RF2 go

Reactions: pcraenme

thepharcyde

1000RPM
Nov 1, 2015
Sorry, I go ACC instead, turn it on anytime and within 10 seconds I'm on track with 20 retards, ready to crash in T1 :D
You need, to use the ranked RaceRoom servers then, a lot more respect goes on when using the ranked servers

davehenrie

250RPM
Jun 4, 2017
Why hasn't anyone suggested the By Kolles for the LM DLC??? ?? ?

Cheesenium

250RPM
Jul 15, 2011
Honestly, I would love another LMP2 and LMP3 in the game. The Oreca is awesome but the Dallara or Ligier would be a nice addition.

Follow RaceDepartment