rF2 | Ferrari Licence Secured As rFactor 2 Hints At Upcoming 'Le Mans Special' DLC Pack

zi99y

25RPM
Premium
Feb 11, 2014
Also indeed, but don't let facts get in the way of a good anti-RF2 rant by some :p
I put my hands up to that already! Am actually a fan of rF2 for short offline bursts just very disappointed in the progress - or lack of, and after too many years of optimism I'm almost out. So I'm going elsewhere for on demand online races, though I prefer racing in rf2. I hope the devs don't focus on all the positive feedback and overlook the things that people complain about. I also hope my feelings have not affected your enjoyment of the game.

MarcG

1000RPM
Premium
Jun 17, 2011
I put my hands up to that already! Am actually a fan of rF2 for short offline bursts just very disappointed in the progress - or lack of, and after too many years of optimism I'm almost out. So I'm going elsewhere for on demand online races, though I prefer racing in rf2. I hope the devs don't focus on all the positive feedback and overlook the things that people complain about. I also hope my feelings have not affected your enjoyment of the game.
I wasn't referring solely to you, i also go elsewhere for my online racing :)

felippekiss

100RPM
May 20, 2014
New license is very good, but I hope Studio397 will work on a current F1 car, maybe they are already working on it because there is a new WIP tire model with "7 compounds", and today only F1 uses 7 compounds

Reactions: Flip-Flop Driver

Durge Driven

1000RPM
Jun 17, 2017
Harder you try to drag rF2 down just gets funnier and funnier :x3:

You would think they could just be happy for GT3 lovers

Gevatter

The James May of Simracing
Premium
Aug 2, 2015
Wasn't that a mod?
Now that you say it, it might have been. There were one or two unlicenced vehicles in that.

Edit: I checked the video below, the Ferrari seems to have been licenced, but I honestly can't remember now :)

Last edited:
Reactions: passenger
Jul 22, 2017
New license is very good, but I hope Studio397 will work on a current F1 car, maybe they are already working on it because there is a new WIP tire model with "7 compounds", and today only F1 uses 7 compounds
I think it would simply be too much work to replicate the basic stuff from F1.
Brake migration, "rear steering", variable rake, flexible aero and now DAS.
Even the older cars in the game lack brake steering and active suspension.

thepharcyde

1000RPM
Nov 1, 2015
Wow, did not see that coming. Alas, I think their progression has left others filling their footsteps.
I do wish them the best, but until I start seeing releases improving the base game too i.e AI, online multiplayer kickstart/presence I'm not buying anything more (UI for me is just a new skin, the same clunky experience is still under the hood)
Raceroom for me since December's physics update has really changed my game of choice.
Hopefully Ferrari will be very picky with the modelling at least, so should be a gooden

tlsmikey

500RPM
Feb 24, 2016
Good content addition. Would rather see GTE, but still good nonetheless. The bigger issue for me is that if they're going to keep charging $10 for each car, these cars need proper working ABS/TC lights on the dash as well as realistic ABS/TC settings.

Reactions: zi99y