rF2 | Ferrari Licence Secured As rFactor 2 Hints At Upcoming 'Le Mans Special' DLC Pack

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Studio 397 have secured rights to bring the legendary Ferrari brand to rFactor 2, announcing on Friday that the Italian marque will be represented in the simulation with the 488 GTE and GT3 models as part of a new 'Le Mans Special' DLC.

Having long professed their love of the legendary Le Mans 24 Hours (the name Studio 397 is a nod to the greatest number of laps completed during the French endurance classic), it comes as no surprise that they would have their eye on bringing Le Mans related content and events to the simulation over time.

Having already released an excellent laserscanned version of the classic circuit, as well as a number of GT and Prototype cars, the next big piece of the content jigsaw puzzle has been revealed - with Ferrari confirmed as an official piece of content for the first time in the history of the rFactor franchise.

Revealed as part of the announcement that this June 13th - 14th rFactor 2 will be used as the official Le Mans 24 Hours esport event, organised by the ACO and Motorsport Games, the news of Ferrari finally coming to the simulation will doubtless be well received by the sim racing community. With just a small teaser footnote regarding the GT3 and GTE specification cars as part of the announcement, Studio 397 are expected to reveal more information about this exciting new content in the near future.

What we do know is the 488 GT3 and GTE will form part of a special Le Mans DLC package, and if players already have some of the content contained within this pack (one assumes the Le Mans track will form part of it), then the cars will be available to purchase separately and thus avoid the need to to re-buy content already owned.

Stay tuned for more information as and when it becomes available.

Original Source: Studio 397

rFactor 2 is available exclusively on PC.

Want to know how to get the best from the sim? Start a thread in the rFactor 2 sub forum and let our community offer you the benefit of their massive combined experience.

rF2 Le Mans Ferrari.jpg

Attachments

• rF2 Le Mans Ferrari Header.jpg
    rF2 Le Mans Ferrari Header.jpg
    262.5 KB · Views: 566
You see, that's the problem. I have to spend even more money, follow 3rd party events and depend on RD schedule to play rf2 online, for which I have bought most of the official dlc content. It's not like opening the game when I have time and choosing a server which runs tracks and cars I paid for.
Put a server up and find a way to populate it with like minded racers. Have fun whilst making fun for others.
Or you could sit around whinging about the lack of active servers. :rolleyes:

Put a server up and find a way to populate it with like minded racers. Have fun whilst making fun for others.
Or you could sit around whinging about the lack of active servers. :rolleyes:
Fine if you have the time do do that but some of us don't, which is why rF2 is losing player base because people need the convenience of an online component that works. I paid for RD premium and it's great, but I just can't commit to the time unfortunately.

One will check ones facts before talking nonsense:
Yup fair enough you got me. My statement was anecdotal based on seeing other long time fans who are losing patience with the development. Although I wouldn't be surprised if many games are seeing an upturn in player count just because of the coronavirus.

Dear S397, it's ok to have GT content and Ferrari, but would be nice to see also some road car along the way and some different series.
We have already Enduracers and plenty of formula mods for the game, the GT and prototypes are covered.
How about some small track day car like the BAC Mono, the Ariel Atom and the Catheram? These would be awesome in the karting tracks too. Not to say in the Nordschleife. I mean, it's three cars. I know, it means three licenses, but could be great content for some players.
Or in alternative give the modders the proper tools to make cars. For a regular person is impossible to create a tire from scratch for RF2 and the modders always borrow the tires from other RF2 vehicles, or try to get some good tire from your online configurator. How about providing them a full set of road tires and semi-slick that with few tweaks (described by you in detail) can fit several tipe of road cars (say from the old Alfa Giulia to the Lancia Delta Evoluzione)?
The modders made some great hill climb content for the game, fun mountain roads. Would be cool to have some Lancia and Subaru for it. Help modders to help you, please.

S397 made it clear from the start they want to bring Official Racing Content (no Road cars, thankfully!...but you never know what the future brings but it's highly unlikely I would say) to the Sim. As for other Series we already have the Tatuus (x6 cars), FE, BMW M2 CS and the Reiza Pack which is pretty decent plus loads more. GT4/TCR was hinted at last year so that may come and whilst I agree a move "away from" GT Cars would be nice, it's where the big bucks are at the minute and just the name 'Ferrari' will sell so they gotta create what's wanted by the many not by the few :)

The people who code the UI are unlikely to be the ones who do 3D modelling, physics or sound for a Ferrari. Or maybe you were being sarcastic :}

I missed out the /s. Fixed it now.

It is an expensive license, though. My concern is more on them spending money on the expensive license when the game does need more upgrades.

Still, I would love to have GT4 or TCR, though.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.9%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 164 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 309 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 444 39.6%