rF2 | Ferrari Licence Secured As rFactor 2 Hints At Upcoming 'Le Mans Special' DLC Pack

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Studio 397 have secured rights to bring the legendary Ferrari brand to rFactor 2, announcing on Friday that the Italian marque will be represented in the simulation with the 488 GTE and GT3 models as part of a new 'Le Mans Special' DLC.

Having long professed their love of the legendary Le Mans 24 Hours (the name Studio 397 is a nod to the greatest number of laps completed during the French endurance classic), it comes as no surprise that they would have their eye on bringing Le Mans related content and events to the simulation over time.

Having already released an excellent laserscanned version of the classic circuit, as well as a number of GT and Prototype cars, the next big piece of the content jigsaw puzzle has been revealed - with Ferrari confirmed as an official piece of content for the first time in the history of the rFactor franchise.

Revealed as part of the announcement that this June 13th - 14th rFactor 2 will be used as the official Le Mans 24 Hours esport event, organised by the ACO and Motorsport Games, the news of Ferrari finally coming to the simulation will doubtless be well received by the sim racing community. With just a small teaser footnote regarding the GT3 and GTE specification cars as part of the announcement, Studio 397 are expected to reveal more information about this exciting new content in the near future.

What we do know is the 488 GT3 and GTE will form part of a special Le Mans DLC package, and if players already have some of the content contained within this pack (one assumes the Le Mans track will form part of it), then the cars will be available to purchase separately and thus avoid the need to to re-buy content already owned.

Stay tuned for more information as and when it becomes available.

Original Source: Studio 397

rFactor 2 is available exclusively on PC.

Want to know how to get the best from the sim? Start a thread in the rFactor 2 sub forum and let our community offer you the benefit of their massive combined experience.

rF2 Le Mans Ferrari.jpg

Attachments

• rF2 Le Mans Ferrari Header.jpg
    rF2 Le Mans Ferrari Header.jpg
    262.5 KB · Views: 566
URD has released a Ford GT called "URD 2018 Detroit" for only $3 that runs competitively with S397 GTE's

Sorry I've forgotten the main URD "author" but I think they were doing some work with S397 on modelling and development?

I just had this feeling that when the Detroit was released it was a case of the car was being worked on but no official license could be obtained (or sought after). So they decided to release it the "URD Way" rather than officially via RF2.

Not sure about that but is a possibility!

Their Ford v1.0 was slower when competing against S397 GTE's AI but since URD fixed their fuel issues and BoP in v1.1, today i decided to do further AI comparison tests which shows their Ford is one-half to one second faster than S397 GTE's depending on the track type so another BoP is necessary!

Note: Since their Ford AI has a advantage against S397 AI i would be interested to know if the same is true in online racing with Ford vs S397 GTE's!

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 102 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 183 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 360 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing