• Guest, RaceDepartment is now on Discord!  Join Here

rF2 | Ferrari 488 GTE DLC Released!

manc0ntr0

250RPM
Jul 23, 2009
I made that similar quote on another forum and someone pointed out to me that Ford has withdrawn from racing GTE’s at Le Mans in 2020. So having Ford GTE’s in the vitrual Le Mans 24 hours coming up in June won’t make sense.
Ford has finished its GT program.

jooeeyy

10RPM
Jun 9, 2019
A bit offtopic: Are there any Multiplayer Platforms for rf2 like Simracingsystem for Assetto Corsa? I want to buy rf2, but there is no incentive for me, when the Multiplayer is dead.

Reactions: dave kirk

Darren Byrne

25RPM
Premium
Oct 5, 2017
God dammit Studio 397!! this car is awesome, took it around sebring against other gt3's and handles really well. I only have a sub par fanatec csl elite but rf2 always outperfroms other sims in terms of ffb and feel. IF ONLY THERE WAS A DECENT MULTIPLAYER.... Then rf2 would reign king of sim IMO.

fireballr18

100RPM
Mar 3, 2018
God dammit Studio 397!! this car is awesome, took it around sebring against other gt3's and handles really well. I only have a sub par fanatec csl elite but rf2 always outperfroms other sims in terms of ffb and feel. IF ONLY THERE WAS A DECENT MULTIPLAYER.... Then rf2 would reign king of sim IMO.
Hope the competition system will be introduced soon.

Derek44

75RPM
Premium
Dec 28, 2017
I may have missed something but does that mean with the Detroit from URD, RF2 has a full GTE "set"

Detroit (Ford GTE)
Ferrari 488 GTE
BMW M8 GTE
Aston Martin Vantage GTE
Porsche 911 RSR
Corvette (although admittedly not the newest one)

That's pretty impressive in fairness. The new car looks awesome and nice detail. :)

The Oreca 07 is pretty good too and I race it all the time.

I'm not too bothered about the hybrid simulation but it's a shame that the whole LMP1 project by URD has now stopped (or so it seems), if I had the technical knowledge I would do it myself and update them to the latest shaders, etc. I think the tyre model is different as well now though. Not necessarily to race all the time but it's also great to have them on a grid when you are racing AI.
I am asking you something now....did you see any time in the world a server where the urd ford was available together with the other gte cars? Me no, if your answer is yes you are a lucky guy

Am i wrong or when urd ford came out the reality was a different perfornance car compared to s397 gte?

F1Aussie

500RPM
Premium
Oct 16, 2010
I found the the ffb to be a bit weird in spots on this car, haven't noticed it with any other s397 content. I actually thought I had an issue with my DD1. it is very hard to explain but I some corners on the 2020 zandvoort it was like the FFB was shuddering.

johnnymat

250RPM
Premium
Jan 10, 2010
I am wondering how the Studio 397 version compares with the recent Ferrari 488 GTE workshop version from Real Series Simulation?
I really like the RSS 488, but I think the S397 is much better. It has a better "feel" and the FFB is excellent. One of the things I like about rF2 is the fact that I can have excellent "feel" and FFB with an old (DFGT) wheel. The only other sim that is even close in that regard is AMS.

Reactions: passenger

homieffm

25RPM
Mar 31, 2018
LOL, this is a game that invites modding and you want them to stop it!
yeah yeah chill, they should improve the server search system, that you can see car classes, tracks, mods and add an option that you can choose if you want to download an mod instead of autodownloading it.

franserq

1RPM
Jul 19, 2018
Yesterday I had said that the car looked a bit rushed, today they have updated the car and it drives fantastic, along with the Bmw M8 they are my favorites in the GTE class. The forcefeedback noticed it strange also in some aspects (game with a Fanatec cls elite)

Nick Gregory

Forever a backmarker
Premium
Nov 27, 2015
I bet this car is really nice to drive. I wouldn't know since rF2 refuses to start anymore.

franserq

1RPM
Jul 19, 2018
updated everyday monitor 40" 1080p to 43" 4K ..............booted to Ferrari cockpit and thought I was in ACC :coffee: :confused: :roflmao: ..seriously looks magic could almost have me driving them regular ( GT3 )
The interior of the Ferrari is fantastic, I look forward to the launch of the Ferrari GT3 to fight the Pack GT3

Reactions: Ace King

Durge Driven

1000RPM
Jun 17, 2017
Just curious how much of a FPS hit going to 4K?
60fps - 3900X / RTX2080
vsync is probably on have not setup rF2 since I decided to do a fresh install

Still waiting for my new rig to arrive :coffee:
Still not setup 1440p Gsync 32" had it for a year
Same with CSW v2.5 and CSP v3 have not even opened the box

This winter is my time of enlightenment :)

Reactions: Ace King

b)b

100RPM
Premium
Jan 16, 2016
Good fun with the Ferrari at historic Imola. No annoying chicanes and pure speed, at a time security was not exactly a concern.

Reactions: passenger

Follow RaceDepartment