• Guest, RaceDepartment is now on Discord!  Join Here

rF2 | Ferrari 488 GTE DLC Released!

Oct 19, 2017
So the market has spoken. People crave for GT3/GTE red cars.
This is nothing new.
But to be fair, rF2 is one of the endurance racing sims, where a full GTE field is definetly fitting well. If they would "just" fix the introduced tail happyness and low engine inertia after the last BoP patch in several GTE and the AI, fearing draft, then the endurance pack would be awesome again....
I wanna live where you live :D
I don't know where he lives, but:
Around 5-6€ you can get around 6 beer at pretty decent quality in germany. Alcohol is dangerously cheap here...even with bottle-deposit...

Last edited:
Reactions: Tar Heel

homieffm

25RPM
Mar 31, 2018
is anybody driving this on a server without AI?

My first thought was there must be a online server with lots of people driving GTE on LeMans, Sebring or Nordschleife... but nope, only mod cars on modded tracks again, this is frustrating xD

rF2 has all these very good detailed tracks and cars and nobody is driving there and using them, at least online.

Last edited:

eg01st

250RPM
Jul 28, 2018
My first thought was there must be a online server with lots of people driving GTE on LeMans or Sebring... but nope, only mod cars on modded tracks again, this is frustrating xD

rF2 has all these very good detailed tracks and cars and nobody is driving there and using them, at least online.
It's probably too expensive for studio to rent a few official servers for a game that so few people are playing at the same time.

ziogzzz

75RPM
Jun 25, 2015
If we would have online server (the normal one like AC at least) it would bring rf2 to life, and developer would get a lot of incomes to develope the game, guys, just make normal online servers, as everytime i try to search for any race it is private or just AI servers, i really like ffb and tyres feeling! Thinking about of buying Lemans, but if no online competition it will eats dust again, like gt3 pack which is great! Ok will give a try on Sebring with porche GTE, and will compare the same combo on iR if there are improvements, you ll have my money :D if no please listen to your clients :p

Tarmac Terrorist

Paul McCaffrey
Mar 22, 2017

My first thought was there must be a online server with lots of people driving GTE on LeMans, Sebring or Nordschleife... but nope, only mod cars on modded tracks again, this is frustrating xD

One word mate! POTATO

homieffm

25RPM
Mar 31, 2018
It's probably too expensive for studio to rent a few official servers for a game that so few people are playing at the same time.
Yeah I understand that, but I don't understand the community who are not using any of the official stuff.
rF2 should stop this modding and Server with AI stuff, you can't find any server with just normal content and therefore online racing is pretty much dead. Unlike ACC, where you have lots of servers where you just jump in and don't have to download any weird modded stuff.

Reactions: nikdek69

thepharcyde

1000RPM
Nov 1, 2015
Online without AI for me is just full of racing yellow boxes, whenever I have tried because of skin mismatch.
Online for general population is just pointless.
Why they could not just have two/three official servers is beyond me?
GTE
GT3
Formula
Then again this is RF2.

Not paying to test drive a Ferrari, that won't have any non AI race servers

Reactions: homieffm
May 11, 2013
I think this is great and I will most likely buy this, but I hope they try to optimise the game more, as the FPS sufferers sometimes, and fix the current gt3 cars overly aggressive ai ( no matter what aggressive setting) I always think there’s something special about rfactor 2, which keeps me coming back. There Le Mans and nordschleife is some of the best tracks in sim racing in my opinion

Apr 19, 2014
397 should do a deal with Toyota to bring us the TS050 as it being the final LMP-H every going to be produced, as rF2's hybrid system is pretty decent

eg01st

250RPM
Jul 28, 2018
Have you tried to compare RSS' mod with s397? Can you give more info (better/worse etc.)?
I have only driven both cars for a few laps, but RSS is slower on default setup, and easier to drive, just like other official GT3 and GTE cars. This 488 is closer to WEC Community 488 car. It goes faster, but oversteers quite a bit. Makes it more fun. Try RSS and WEC 488. S397 is between them, but closer to WEC. And better interior modeling.

SeriousNewb

250RPM
Dec 22, 2014
397 should do a deal with Toyota to bring us the TS050 as it being the final LMP-H every going to be produced, as rF2's hybrid system is pretty decent
Not sure of the battery regeneration modes etc are possible in rF2, like the modes developed in the original Assetto Corsa for F1 that they also implemented in LMP1. They have modelled the Formula E something well but not sure if pure hybrid for F1 or LMP1 is possible yet or maybe I've missed something...

Reactions: juan14

SeriousNewb

250RPM
Dec 22, 2014
Was wondering if the Ferrari 488 GTE in rF2 has the 2 stage traction control like the GT3 as modelled in ACC? Button on one side of the wheel is the TC level and on the other side the TC Cut.

johnnymat

250RPM
Premium
Jan 10, 2010
I just tried the S397 Ferrari at Guapore. I really like the 488 Mod from RSS, but the S397 Ferrari has a better overall "feel" and the FFB really comes through! Thanks, S397. :)

Reactions: atomed
Oct 19, 2017
So is this a game wide update or just on a car and track ?
I noticed lighting and due to that general graphical dependent improvements already.

With light clouds, you get noticeable swelling light, when the sun comes out behind the clouds and the colour palette is not as blue-ish anymore, also cars seem to me, as if they're not made of chrome anymore. Le Mans looks better in my personal opinion, than AC with SOL. Also improvements on Sebring. I noticed more "sharpness" on the textures due to the different colour perception.

I would call it as somewhat significant. I'm not lying, i was blown away by the optical quality especially on Le Mans.

It should receive further tweaks, as written in the update blog.

Last edited: