rF2 | Ferrari 488 GT3 Talk 'n' Drive

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Ahead of release we got our hands on the upcoming Ferrari 488 GT3 EVO 2020 car in rFactor 2, and put it through the RaceDepartment Talk 'n' Drive treatment.
  • New car available in rF2 30.09.2020.
  • 13th GT3 car in rFactor 2.
  • The best car in the sim to date?

The new for 2020 Ferrari 488 GT3 EVO releases in rFactor this Wednesday 30th September, and ahead of release I took the opportunity to turn a few laps at the home of the British Grand Prix to share my impressions and experiences from the new car.

Having already firmly announced myself as a fan of GT3 content within rFactor 2 back when the original GT3 pack first released, I was exceptionally curious to see how this latest bit of DLC would compare against the fellow cars within its class - from both a handling and visual perspective.

Having took to the track against a field of GT3 rivals, check out my thoughts in the video above.

rFactor 2 is available now exclusively on PC.

The rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment is the place to go for the latest news and discussion about the title. Head over to the rFactor 2 sub forum, start up a thread and let the community answer your questions!

Last edited:
What does it need in your opinion?
I'd love to see the AI get fixed and/or some sort of rating/competition system. When it comes the driving rf2 is my favorite sim by far, everything about it feels so right to me, but I don't have anyone to race against.
The AI is too immersive braking with their on off throttle and brake application (among other things) and if I want to race other humans, which I prefer, I have to sign up for a league. There is no simple way to get in a good race on a random Wednesday if I feel like racing that evening.
ACC has done great job on this, having 4 races per day at set times. I wish we could get something like that in rf2.

After the update and buying the new Ferrari everything works perfect only the Mercedes GT3 and Audi GT3 from 2018 disappeared. I have an unknown base mod Problem. Have you guys the same problem. What should I do? I tried unsubscribe and subscribe again to the content but It dont work

Last edited:
After the update and buying the new Ferrari everything works perfect only the Mercedes GT3 and Audi GT3 from 2018 disappeared. I have an unknown base mod Problem. Have you guys the same problem. What should I do? I tried unsubscribe and subscribe again to the content but It dont work
S397 also released a 2nd BOP to more closely align the performance of the GT3 cars. This meant version numbers were increased. The Merc included. So you most likely have skins or a mod that used the previous version of the cars that are missing. GEC, skinpacks, that sort of item is what you are looking for. Remove that mod or skins for the Audis and Mercs and your cars will load. If they are just missing, then follow this link.

S397 also released a 2nd BOP to more closely align the performance of the GT3 cars. This meant version numbers were increased. The Merc included. So you most likely have skins or a mod that used the previous version of the cars that are missing. GEC, skinpacks, that sort of item is what you are looking for. Remove that mod or skins for the Audis and Mercs and your cars will load. If they are just missing, then follow this link.

Thank you so much for helping me. Now everything works fine:)

Maybe NOW we can get some stuff that actually matters, like:

Dynamic road temperature
Proper transmission modelling
P2P, KERS
Ability to limit tyre sets
brake pad change options on endurance races.
Have they finished the UI? Have they completed the online competiton system? Have all S397 cars s and tracks received the full IBL/PBR shader treatment? They are not even remotely close to expanding their updates very far past those three items.

Have they finished the UI? Have they completed the online competiton system? Have all S397 cars s and tracks received the full IBL/PBR shader treatment? They are not even remotely close to expanding their updates very far past those three items.
How in the Planet Earth, Solar System, Milkway, the UI and PBR Shader are more important than the Lefthook' points?

Aside a long list of other oddities the 397 priority list is the most bizarre one.

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back