rF2 | Ferrari 488 GT3 EVO 2020 Arrives This Week

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Studio 397 have confirmed another new GT3 car is heading to rFactor 2, with the much anticipated Ferrari 488 GT3 EVO 2020 set to arrive in the simulation this week.
  • Ferrari 488 GT3 Evo joins Bentley Continental GT3 2020 as new content.
  • Car heading to sim as paid DLC this week.
  • Ferrari will mark the 13th GT3 car within the title.

Not content with the recent free Bentley Continental GT3 release and sizeable update to the physics and BOP within the class, Studio 397 recently took to the big wide world of the Internet to confirm another GT3 car is making its way to the simulation very shortly indeed - the Ferrari 488 GT3 EVO 2020!

Yes, everyone loves a Ferrari now, don't they? Well I certainly do, and the addition of the second car from the Prancing Horse to rFactor 2 is a very welcomed one indeed (alongside the existing 488 GTE), especially as it bolsters the already impressive roster of GT3 machines to 13 in number - a pretty nice collection of the great and the good from the world of closed top GT racing.

The preview teaser video released on Studio 397 social media suggests a release date is very close indeed for the new car. No exact date has been given as yet (trust me, it's not far away), so expect more information to come as we draw ever closer to that first opportunity to drive this impressive new racing car from the famous Italian manufacturer.

rFactor 2 is available now exclusively on PC.

The rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment is the place to go for the latest news and discussion about the title. Head over to the rFactor 2 sub forum, start up a thread and let the community answer your questions!

rF2 Ferrari.jpg

Last edited:
The reason i love vintage in different forms and decades is because those cars feel so alive in rF2. Power and a lot to tame around corners and even on straights. It's just a lot to do while the sim communicating it really well. To me vintage is like a flight simulator while modern glued to the track cars are like an arcade game. :D Not that i dont like modern, again they feel really good in rF2 and are fun, but race cars a few decades back are even funnier. :)

BTW really enjoy the Ferrari GTE and cant wait for the GT3.

Nevermind oscillations, it lacks any sort of punishment for misshifting. You can flatshift anything without grinding gears, and that's boring.
Yeah, that's something I really appreciate about iRacing, getting punished for not making clean shifts. Still, I think the role that the drivetrain plays should absolutely be modeled in any good simulation. Oscillations can impact traction loss in multiple ways, felt in motion effects and detected in audio. Drive-train elasticy is a fundamental part of modeling car physics, it needs to be included.

BeamNG, iRacing and RaceRoom demonstrate that pretty well but, I admit that it's especially relevant for those with motion rigs because of the way it impacts motion effects.

To add to the discussion, for rF2 to truly get my attention content-wise they should try to improve the single player experience (AI) and try to focus on the details of their cars (complete dash displays with multiple pages and correct fonts, night lighting in the cockpit, wheelspin indicators used for wheelspin indication not revs, etc.). rF2 is great from a driving experience perspective, but the DETAILS in their premium priced cars are missing, especially when comparing to their direct competition, such as the ACC cars developed to the last details. And details make ME immersed.

Congrats though to the release and wishing a great time to the people who get the car :thumbsup:

I would also like more classic cars with complete series. For example the Le Mans Ferrari 250P, 330P, 365P, 365P2 (driven by Mairesse, Bandini, Surtees, Scarfiotti, Rodrigue, Amon and others), and perhaps the Ford GT40 and Ford MKII. I never tire of mentioning the Le Mans winning Matra (why doesn't anyone try to contact them?), In the early 70s, I could add to them the Ferrari 312P, Alfa Romeo T33, Alfa Romeo 1975 (WEC 1975 winner), Gulf -Mirage (Ickx and Bell), Porsche 936/76, 936/77, Renaul-Alpine to complete. The great FIA GT1 series (from 1996 to 1999). There are other unofficial mods.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back