rF2: Endurance Pack Updated

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
rFactor 2 - Endurance Pack Updated.jpg

Studio 397 have updated their 'Endurance Pack' DLC for rFactor 2.

Having recently revealed the Aston Martin Vantage GTE will be arriving for rFactor 2 in the very near future, Studio 397 have dropped a new Balance of Performance (BoP) update for the impressive four car DLC.

Although much of the new update is focussed on BoP changes for the three GTE cars, the LMP2 specification Oreca also receives a little love, with quite a few changes brought to the premier prototype car within the simulation.

Check out the changes below:

Porsche 991 RSR GTE v1.93
  • BoP (Balance of Performance)
  • Fixed headlight glass reflections
Chevrolet Corvette C7.R GTE v2.01
BMW M8 GTE v1.73
Oreca 07 LMP2 v1.69
  • Made the car a bit heavier to better correspond with real data.
  • Further adjustments to correct engine power/torque output
  • Adjusted downforce overall
  • Further improvements and adjustments to Le Mans aero package
  • Corrected engine inertia
  • Corrected gear changes that were slightly too short (gear shifts)

With a new BoP update now live, does that mean we might be getting the Aston sooner rather than later?

rFactor 2 is a racing simulation exclusively available for PC.

For more news from the world of rFactor 2, check out the RaceDepartment rFactor 2 sub forum and join in with the community discussion. If you like racing in a clean and fun environment online, why not check out the RaceDepartment rFactor 2 Racing Club? Get yourself in on the action!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

• Deleted member 503495

Why are the BoP adjustments so secret? SMS got slaughtered (rightfully so) for their vague patch notes. Simply stating "BoP Adjustment" is not good enough IMO. These notes barely give any real info on what has changed.

Given they were under a wave of criticism for their Oreca and then hid telemetry channels to stop people picking up on discrepancies, and once Le Mans released it showed the car was way too fast, the last thing they want is to provide us any details on tweaks.

Would be nice if the Aston came as part of the update. And my rF2 did receive a workshop update of about half a gig yesterday...
But no Aston GTE to be found.
Hoping it's released along with the Nurburgring too. That would be nice to have a new car and track to play with :thumbsup:

Given they were under a wave of criticism for their Oreca and then hid telemetry channels to stop people picking up on discrepancies, and once Le Mans released it showed the car was way too fast, the last thing they want is to provide us any details on tweaks.
To be fair I think some of that criticism was probably warranted given many people were lapping the LMP2 quicker than the Toyota LMP1 in real life.

It was way, way, way too fast.
Haven't tried this new update, but I suspect it would have to be a substantial change to the BoP if they want to make the performance more realistic.

First feedback of a friend of mine is, that the RSR is even harder to drive on Le Mans. It was already hard before the update. Hardly to believe this car is losing so much grip outwards the Porsche curves.

When Im back home I will try this out. Afterwards I will also check the behaviour of the iracing RSR to have a different experience.

First feedback of a friend of mine is, that the RSR is even harder to drive on Le Mans. It was already hard before the update. Hardly to believe this car is losing so much grip outwards the Porsche curves.

I had to make my setup a bit more understeery/stable, to get the rear in line in the Porsche Curves, so i encountered similar effects.

Dunno', but with AI and short fast pace, the M8 is still the fastest and the Porsche still the weakest on LeMans after the BoP Update. Haven't tested longruns yet, so no experiences there so far with the new behaviour.

What laptime are you running? @CrimsonEminence

I was at 3:53-3:55 longstint with full tank and soft tires.
A problem is that the tires will heat up so much, and no idea how to reduce that.

Slightly slower times in soft configs, also depending on the Aero Kit in use.(low drag kit could probably produce more tyre demand but is of course a quick way to go on LM). Softs aren't the optimum choice for longstints though.

EDIT: There is no way, that i can hit 3:53 with softs, LeMans Aero and full tank...if you can hit these times, your pace should be enough, to reach the tyre limit pretty easy, so no surprise, that they're getting some punishment.

I suck at LeMans, so it's possible, that i'm not using the whole tyre window, but it may help, to soften the suspension, not that much toe and not lowering the wing "tooo much", each slide will give your tyre probably a large amount of energy, wich will also result in higher core temps.

So the harder you push, the less laps you will probably get with working tyre window on softs.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 77 12.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 55 8.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 63 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 37 6.0%
  • < 5 years