rF2: Endurance Pack Updated

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
rF2 Endurance Pack DLC Update.jpg

Studio 397 have recently updated the 'Endurance Pack' DLC for rFactor 2.

Deploying the content update back on March 21st, Studio 397 have released small updates to the cars contained within the Endurance Pack DLC for the simulation. Although not significant in size, the update does address some of the outstanding issues with the content in rFactor 2, and includes some performance optimisation of the individual car LOD's as well as BOP adjustments across the pack, the full details of which can be seen below:

Porsche 991RSR GTE v1.67
  • BOP refuel time adjustment
  • Fixed side mirrors in showroom
  • Fixed see through vents and holes
  • Fixed sorting issues with steering wheel and side windows
Corvette C7R GTE v1.69
  • Optimized LODs
  • Mapping fix on bonnet
  • Fixed side mirrors in showroom
BMW M8 GTE v1.43
  • Fixed reversed oil and water values in the onboard HUD
  • Optimized LODs
Norma M30 LMP3 v1.65
  • Optimized LODs
Oreca 07 LMP2 v1.51
  • Optimized LODs
  • Reflection fix on floor diffuser

rFactor 2 is a racing simulation exclusively available for PC.

For more news from the world of rFactor 2, check out the RaceDepartment rFactor 2 sub forum and join in with the community discussion. If you like racing in a clean and fun environment online, why not check out the RaceDepartment rFactor 2 Racing Club? Get yourself in on the action!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
Nice update!
Only problem I have with this game is, I like way too much to make offline championships, but I find it hardly difficult to find different cars for a given class, name of the drivers... Do you guys know if some UI improvement is on the way? Or should I start racing online (despite I would probably be a moving chicane)?

Nice update!
Only problem I have with this game is, I like way too much to make offline championships, but I find it hardly difficult to find different cars for a given class, name of the drivers... Do you guys know if some UI improvement is on the way? Or should I start racing online (despite I would probably be a moving chicane)?
There is a UI on the way. It's been in development for a while but sure to be awesome when it is available. S397 have moved this sim on so much from the way ISI left it. Beyond impressive.
Anyways, I have to say the best thing to do is get involved in online racing. It truly is the best way to race clean and fair with like-minded racers and learn a lot along the way.
Races with the group on Friday and Saturday nights, mornings for me, are great fun so you should try it out.
Edit: plus it would be great to have someone else to race with at the back of the pack!:thumbsup:

Oreca 07 LMP2 v1.51
  • Optimized LODs
  • Reflection fix on floor diffuser

That's interesting, I did a league race the other night and I noticed the rear carbon work was like a mirror so glad they sorted this.

Also the LOD adjustments are nice addition. I just cannot run the new Sebring with these cars, they are just killing my PC, even on low levels. So will be interesting to see the difference. All other tracks are fine, I think Sebring has just a huge amount of lovely detail on it and that's fine.

Yes I know, get a newer PC. Well it's only 18 months old, I can't afford to upgrade again just yet! lol

My only other request is the ability to apply the new shaders to the addon parts, namely the windscreen file. The Oreca has the screen "shade". So you have to make a small compromise by maybe having metallic bodywork but then the nearest shade you can get on the windows to try and match. Not a huge deal breaker but it would be nice to have a seamless match. :)

The new shaders on the helmet would be nice as well. Metallic effects on the helmets would look really cool.

You definitely should. And as long as you're respectful to others (as in don't crash them intentionally and follow the usual rules), you'll be fine.
This exactly!
I'm a slow chicane myself , but at least a predictable proud chicane(when being overtaken) and all the time i leave da space when i'm slower than others:D

Last edited:
Rolling slowly forwards like a slow but relentless steam roller. An FPS boost with these cars is a welcome addition.

There are 2 Sebring layouts, as I am aware only difference is one has less trackside objects to help with performance. Try using that one.

I wondered why there were two full layouts. Assume the 12hr of Sebring one has all the spectators, caravans and lights etc, and the other is vanilla flavour with just the Paddock area with the usual backdrop of tress etc i.e. no event. Will have to try this as didn't appreciate it before. Cheers!

With the racing games I have now; I wonder if rF2 is even worth it? Id' essentially only be buying it because of the LMP2 cars. Unless they give us a whole grid of GT4 or the McLaren 570S Cup, I cannot justify buying this. Same goes for PC2. I'd only be buying it for the Ferrari 488 Challenge. To me $59.99 is not worth it for PC2. And for what you get in the base rF2, $32.99 doesn't give me the cars I want to race.

What does this SIM offer that AC, ACC, RRRE or iRacing doesn't give us?

But good on them for updating this.

With the racing games I have now; I wonder if rF2 is even worth it? Id' essentially only be buying it because of the LMP2 cars. Unless they give us a whole grid of GT4 or the McLaren 570S Cup, I cannot justify buying this. Same goes for PC2. I'd only be buying it for the Ferrari 488 Challenge. To me $59.99 is not worth it for PC2. And for what you get in the base rF2, $32.99 doesn't give me the cars I want to race.

What does this SIM offer that AC, ACC, RRRE or iRacing doesn't give us?

But good on them for updating this.
Hi.
I recommend sim with most cars for you. Best value for money (least $$ per car):
http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/world-records/most-cars-in-a-racing-video-game

That's what sales are for.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 97 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 176 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 352 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing