rF2 Endurance Pack Released - New Trailer Added

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
rf2 BMW 2.jpg rf2 BMW.jpg rf2 corvette.jpg rf2 Norma  .jpg rf2 norma oreca.jpg rf2 porsche.jpg
The new five car 'Endurance Pack' DLC will be released tomorrow for rFactor 2, and to celebrate Studio 397 have revealed a new trailer for this exciting pack of cars.

Bringing the BMW M8 GTE to a racing simulation for the first time, the wonderful Porsche 911 RSR GTE, the beastly Chevrolet Corvette C7.R and two Prototypes in the form of the Norma M30 and Oreca 07, the brand new 'Endurance Pack' DLC release for rFactor 2 looks set fair to be one of the most impressive collections of content for the simulation since Studio 397 took control of the game back in 2016.

Making the most of the rapidly improving new DX11 build and graphic output, the new five pack of cars already look the part, and thanks to the advanced physics that the rFactor series has been renowned for in recent years, the odds of these cars living up to their visuals in the handling department remains very high indeed...

The new pack can be purchased from the rFactor 2 Steam Store for £13.15 and will release Friday 15th June.

rFactor 2 is available exclusively for PC from Steam now.

Check out the rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for all the latest news and discussion with regards to the simulation. You can take part in lively debates with fellow rFactor 2 fans and take part in some great Club and League racing events..! Head over to the forum now!

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch

RaceDepartment Instagram

Have you tried the new content yet? What are your impressions? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
I think it's not so much mod related, but more game related although the game has massively improved overtime. Some leagues switch back to freeware mods, but the number of participants aren't increasing. Even the ones who still host on rF1 have better grids.
On the average the number of players is growing steamcharts show, big problem is that too many do the same thing instead of host the leagues together and get decent grids. But going to a paid DLC is almost a sentence to end a league in some cases, this really suck.

But going to a paid DLC is almost a sentence to end a league in some cases, this really suck.
Definitely true in some cases, but there are also people who would rather use paid official content over free mods. Most likely not as many, but still.

While free mods no doubt add to the longevity/life of any game. Free mods don't really add to the development of the game itself. If S397 doesn't get money, further development of rF2 will one day end because they can't do it for free. Of course it will end some day, but if we keep buying their DLC then we keep pushing that day further in to the future :)

Every decision and approach has pros and cons. Some have more pros than cons, and vice versa. It's often not easy to do all the things that when combined totals to more pros and cons.

This turned out to be a sort of ramble.. sorry :D

And I agree that it sucks that leagues are having issues with participation. S397 can surely help but I don't think it's solely their responsibility to do that.

Big part of the rFactor, 1 and 2, community has always been the "gimme free stuff" crowd. Those that want more crap over fewer diamonds, to use an exaggerated analogy. rF1 is kind of at fault for being essentially a modding platform. So in that sense ISI and by transfer also S397 can be partly blamed for it.

But I really do think it's the responsibility of every individual to find the change within themselves. Of course S397 needs to make good content and sell it at a good price. Right now I think they are selling the DLC for too cheap.

After testing the RSR at VIR full course I must say I’m a bit disappointed!
The AC pendant feels so much more alive and challenging it’s not even funny.
This rF2 version is bunt as can be. Never expected that.
If the rest of the pack is as unengaging as this Porsche, I fear S397 will not last for much longer.
A real shame...:(:mad:

22050€ minus 50 percent interest isn’t a fortune.
Not a good start I say.

Steam takes 30% as well. But I reckon GT3 pack didn't have as high numbers in the first day as this one. The product has been on sale for some 10 hours only, so I wouldn't be surprised if the "final" stabilized sales is at least five times more.
~100000€ minus 30% steam equals ~ 70000€, minus 50% taxes and interest gives around 35000€.
No good numbers at all.

Last edited:
This release reminds me of why I persist with rF2 despite its numerous flaws and keep supporting the devs by buying content even if I have little intention of using it (eg Formula E). This is a really really great DLC, I'd go out on a limb and say it's the best vehicle release S397 have ever done. Hopefully it marks the start of a new era where they no longer release buggy unoptimised unfinished content. Every aspect of the pack is fantastic to me:
  • The vehicles look absolutely beautiful and detailed, the cockpit and exterior shaders are great and I don't feel like I'm playing a 2005 title.
  • They all sound f@#$ing brutal. The 911 in particular absolutely howls (SMS, take note), and the M8 with its resonance vibration is truly immersive. The sound balance between the player and other vehicles is right too.
  • There's plenty of great liveries, and the Luminis one in particular is gorgeous.
  • The cars are an absolute joy to drive - like the electronically aided powerful high downforce grip monsters they are. The FFB is spot on, detailed and informative, you can really feel the car's weight moving around. The default setups are great.
  • The AI are competitive but aren't magically 30kmh faster than the player.
  • The cars are actually optimised and you can run a decent field of them without destroying your framerate.
Basically, racing a clever AI GTE field on a technical track like Toban or Oulton Park, where all the good points of rF2 shine through, is as good as sim racing gets for me. Pricey, but absolutely worth it in my opinion. The only real drawback with this pack is that it shows up the shortcomings of the previous releases. Hopefully some of the good stuff will be back ported.

Congrats Marcel et al.

I see everyone can click subscribe, but it doesn't redirect you to payment.
You can't reach those page by yourself and simply subs, they are not reachable, with these evidences:
1.you can only find its mod page if someone gives you its specific link
2. or you can find it by yourself from your inventory after buying them(lots of people don't know it as well)
3. just a few hours past the release
4. and i didn't find those link anywhere on web after its release, so i assume it could be at least 80% accurate
maybe i'm wrong

You can't reach those page by yourself and simply subs, they are not reachable, with these evidences:
1.you can only find its mod page if someone gives you its specific link
2. or you can find it by yourself from your inventory after buying them(lots of people don't know it as well)
3. just a few hours past the release
4. and i didn't find those link anywhere on web after its release, so i assume it could be at least 80% accurate
maybe i'm wrong
No, you are right.
@avenger82 is just totally wrong, it’s not funny anymore...

After testing the RSR at VIR full course I must say I’m a bit disappointed!
The AC pendant feels so much more alive and challenging it’s not even funny.
This rF2 version is bunt as can be. Never expected that.
If the rest of the pack is as unengaging as this Porsche, I fear S397 will not last for much longer.
A real shame...:(:mad:

Alive and challenging doesn’t necessarily mean realistic.
Speaking of LeMans, would you expect drivers to race a challenging car for 24 Hours? Pro drivers say they’re not as challenging as one might think.
Whitout ever driven one, they handle the way i’d expect them to, even more so than any AC counterparts.

Alive and challenging doesn’t necessarily mean realistic.
Speaking of LeMans, would you expect drivers to race a challenging car for 24 Hours? Pro drivers say they’re not as challenging as one might think.
Whitout ever driven one, they handle the way i’d expect them to, even more so than any AC counterparts.
I like the view on rF2 content over the years!
First AC was much to grippy for those croweds.
Now they released an endurance pack, grip couldn’t be high enough...
Get your line straight!

On the average the number of players is growing steamcharts show, big problem is that too many do the same thing instead of host the leagues together and get decent grids. But going to a paid DLC is almost a sentence to end a league in some cases, this really suck.

SimRacing-GP.net runs about 50 regular racers in two divisions, grids of about 30, steady organic work by a serious and welcoming admin, you guys should check it out and other admins should take example :thumbsup:

The whole sim keeps getting better, I believe growth is happening and will go faster now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back