Rf2 dx11

Any plug ins that write to the screen won't work in DX11 if you previously used them on DX9, any new or recent official content requires the latest build so some cars/tracks won't work.

I'd advise to update to the latest build (Opt-Out of all Betas in the Steam tab) and take advantage of DX11 features and content.

A lot of content now has issues with DX9, because, as mentioned, the DX9 version is several releases behind and no longer supported. So the question is kinda meaningless - yes, you most certainly should switch to DX11, because that's the only way you will be able to enter most online races and use most up-to-date content.

If I remember correctly, the official Le Mans didn't even load properly for me when I tried it with the DX9 version, and quite a few other tracks/cars have various visual issues.

And no, don't use any of the DX11 beta builds, they're old as well. Opt out of all betas and just use the vanilla game, that is the up-to-date DX11 version.

Hi,

just recently got RF2 from steam. How do i make sure i'm on the DX11 version and get the best graphics possible ?

Thanks.
Every version available thru steam has dx11. It has been the standard for about 3 years. Make sure you run the graphic config tool before running rF2. That starts the same way as normal, just choose the 2nd option and make sure your video card is properly selected. It may not stay selected in the config tool, but don't worry about it after you have selected everything at least once.

Now, one last question, Do you have a desktop or Laptop? Please provide a list of your video card, cpu, system ram. Older systems are often heavily challenged to maintain fps levels.

I have never even looked at Reshade. There are a couple of reshade threads over at S397's forum but that is all just subjective to me. One person cannot stand the color so he spends ages tweeking things with apps like Reshade just to have a little bit different color of blue sky. If you want the best settings for screen grabs, then set the time of day to periods of dawn or dusk. The low sun setting provides some dramatic images. But that also drags down the fps your system can produce. Rain also has an effect on the images, rF2 has a fairly recent reflection update for the track surfaces that really is impressive.

I guess not everyone is content with looking at underexposed image with turquoise tint in a game that is supposed to simulate real world ;)
I bought a monitor, I use the monitor, I've never calibrated it, I've never contrasted it. Does that make me a bad user? I drive a racing sim, I don't sight see. Graphics are nice, graphics help produce the sensation of speed. But blue # 33 vs Blue # 25 is absolutely of zero interest to me. I AM glad however that folks who do notice these things can find some solution.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 114 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 155 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 293 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 423 39.7%