RF2 Crash System

Roberbond

Roberto Trueba
I was racing at Longford in the Competition System and there was a multiple crash in the first round. 7 Pilots left the race. I made a mistake and hit a wall, losing a wheel.

It was half of the race, half of the pilots so I was a little frustrated... But I pressed the pedal and I could move the car, about 60 kph in a straight line. So I went to the pit stop, repaired the car and went on.

Many people argue with every patch about the UI or the graphic grass but I couldn't see any complaints about the crappy crash system. Sometimes, you crash the car and don't notice something is damaged, and sometimes the car is uncontrollable, but how can you know the difference other than checking the blue sketch?

How is it possible that you can drive with 3 wheels?

I was racing at Longford in the Competition System and there was a multiple crash in the first round. 7 Pilots left the race. I made a mistake and hit a wall, losing a wheel.

It was half of the race, half of the pilots so I was a little frustrated... But I pressed the pedal and I could move the car, about 60 kph in a straight line. So I went to the pit stop, repaired the car and went on.

Many people argue with every patch about the UI or the graphic grass but I couldn't see any complaints about the crappy crash system. Sometimes, you crash the car and don't notice something is damaged, and sometimes the car is uncontrollable, but how can you know the difference other than checking the blue sketch?

How is it possible that you can drive with 3 wheels?

Posting to two forums I see, I'll respond with what I said over there then!

For starters how do real life drivers know? They don't have a Blue HUD display to tell them what's wrong, like us using Crew Chief they can get information over the radio or they drive by "feel" to try and determine what is wrong with the car after a crash. Also, in my 40+ years of watching car racing, I've seen plenty of drivers get the car back to the pits with a wheel missing, be it through a puncture or a complete wheel coming off so it is possible.

Whilst the damage system isn't the best and could do with an upgrade ala iRacing or something in the future, for now it works as good as it is and there is no sign this will be improved upon any time soon.

Last edited:
Posting to two forums I see, I'll respond with what I said over there then!

Yes! I wrote it here before, but I think the developers should read it too :roflmao:

Same answer:

For starters how do real life drivers know?
They can phisically see if the car is undrivable.

I've seen plenty of drivers get the car back to the pits with a wheel missing, be it through a puncture or a complete wheel coming off so it is possible.
At 60 kph? I don't mean a puncture, I lost a front wheel, so the front of the car was hitting the road and the right side of my car was blue in the sketch car. But I could go in a straight line. The car shouldn't move or be totally undrivable (and I should be ill or dead).

Schumacher vs coulthard at spa springs to mind, also look at the state that some of le mans cars return to the pits in..

By the sounds of it, it isn't the damage or returning to the pits that is questionable, its the fact that it was repaired!

Tony Stewart drove a Crawford DP (not DPI) for about 20 minutes near the end of a Rolex 24hr race with the right front knocked up and away from the road surface. (can't remember if it completely separated) At the pace he was driving, he would have won the race if he could have completed the rest of the distance without spinning.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back