RF2 CART 1985 demo?

I have tried this mod out with various cars at Indy and Vegas and the engine blows in one lap. I see others have had the same problem. The 1988 CART is fine. Is there a solution for this?

I had the same problem, even when i put the radiator at 10 the car will hold up a bit longer but after a few laps the engine will be gone. According to the author on steam, it has to do with how you shift. You apparently have to let go of the throtle when you shift. I didnt test that yet, but did test with shifting on auto and i had no issues finishing a 5 lap race at Riverside.

Modern shift on the fly transmissions have spoiled a-lot of users, either that or they are just not familar with a time when rpm matching and double clutching was common. There was a video on youtube that presented Can Am cars from the late 60's and early 70's running at Spa. A Mclaren M8 could be heard lifting and slowly downshifting well before the braking zones we would normally consider with most rF2 cars. Transmission weaknesses are one missing links in rF2. So to drive cars without rev protection, we have to become slower, not in lap times but in down shifting and lifting to upshift as well.

True, I tried putting the radiator at 10 and lifting on upshift. Seems to make a difference at Indy. Tired it at Riverside and Michigan also. Just have to watch the up and down shifting.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 327 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 224 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 219 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 283 13.4%