RF2 Beginner Help Please?

Hello everyone,

I started my sim-racing “career” about 2 years ago and have almost exclusively been playing iRacing. iRacing is great and I have a lot of fun, but recently I’ve wanted to take advantage of the fun some of the things the other sims have to offer…and I’ve taken a liking to RF2. However, there are a few things in regards to the settings that can’t figure out. I know I’m new at this but it seems like it should be laid out a bit easier. Mind if I ask a few questions to those who surely know the answers?

-When I click “RACE” I start from the pits. Why? I want to start from the grid but can’t find a setting to make this happen?

-Let’s say I hit the wall. I can’t seem to get the car to go into reverse? Help?

-How can I do a practice session by myself?

-How do I start a race session (with AI) that includes practice, qualifying, and the race?

If it helps, I’m using a Fanatec V2.5 wheelbase and V3 pedal set.

I apologize if this has been asked previously, but I’m having difficulty finding the answers.

Last edited:

norbs

That cams guy.
Premium
Yakutsk, Russia
You need to specify you only want to race. It sounds like you are in practise or qualifying.

You will have to put the car into neutral first.

Set up a practise session. There is an option, bottom right from memory on the main page.

Again, set it all up on the main page.
Annotation 2019-08-19 094456.jpg
Annotation 2019-08-19 094424.jpg

I've always thought the fact that the Session settings screen always defaults to the Race session settings despite there being Practice and Q selected as well is quite confusing. On more than one occasion I have unintentionally adjusted Race instead of Practice because I simply forgot about this / didn't notice, and I'm already familiar with this. Can't imagine how confusing it must be for a new player.

Hopefully something the new UI will fix (if it ever comes).