rF2: Aston Martin Vantage GT3 Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
rF2 Aston Martin Vantage GT3 2.jpg

Studio 397 have released the final car of the brand new GT3 Challengers DLC for rFactor 2 - welcome the Aston Martin Vantage GT3..

Joining the previously released Porsche 911 GT3 R, McLaren 720s, Audi R8 LMS and BMW M6 GT3 that formed the initial offering of the 'GT3 Challengers' DLC, Aston Martin have now finally given final permissions to allow Studio 397 to deploy the fifth and final car of the new pack - the world's first sim racing release of the brand new Aston Martin Vantage GT3!

Available immediately for those who have purchased the 'GT3 Challengers' DLC for rFactor 2, this new Aston represents both a welcome inclusion of the Aston Martin brand to the title, and a very first appearance for the new Vantage GT3 within a sim racing game.. not bad going is it?!

As well as the new Aston Martin, a small hotfix has been released by Studio 397 for the McLaren 720s already released as part of the DLC, the details of which can be seen below:

• Fixed an issue that caused a texture conflict with the Bentley GT3
  • Added missing steering column (mostly visible in VR)

The new car is available to download via Steam now.

rFactor 2 is available exclusively for PC from Steam now.

rF2 Aston Martin Vantage GT3 1.jpg
rF2 Aston Martin Vantage GT3 4.jpg
rF2 Aston Martin Vantage GT3 3.jpg

Check out the rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for all the latest news and discussion with regards to the simulation. You can take part in lively debates with fellow rFactor 2 fans and take part in some great Club and League racing events..! Head over to the forum now!

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Last edited:
But its not even the same part of the model, the bit you focused on was fine in the pic I showed too. Move a bit to the left, see if its still like that.
Not that that LOD B's like that is particularly great anyway, but im not convinced its not like that in the A either.
It caught me about before a while back, where the replay cameras in AC only use the LOD_A all the time, here they switch like they should do, but yeah I agree looks not good which ever way you butter the toast does it. :D

But its not even the same part of the model, the bit you focused on was fine in the pic I showed too. Move a bit to the left, see if its still like that.
Not that that LOD B's like that is particularly great anyway, but im not convinced its not like that in the A either.
Looks like the same work to me like that Mercedes AMG GT3, I would bet anything the same guy made both those cars the smoothing is blown to ****, like a second hand rubber doll.

Good thing is that I barely see it since everything else doesn't look any better :whistling:
I love rfactor 2 for the handling and racing but it really doesn't look great for my eyes:x3:
No excuse though since other cars are done much better!

Last edited:
Sorry apart from that windscreen on reply what's wrong with the Aston ?
But really it is pretty small stuff, poor handling of the smoothing on panel gaps etc, mesh looks fairly wonky in places etc.

I understand rf2 have their own set of budgets to keep a level of performance, thats totally fine, but then you see other models they have like the Mclaren which look absolutely spot-on, and you realise tri targets are not the issue...

Very twitchy compared to the rest of the pack, TC near max to tame the beast
Thank you S397 @Marcel Offermans any update on the skins please :)

Certainly, we are coming along nicely with the skin pack and are in parallel working on the documentation that should help everybody to paint these new cars correctly. I think we said before these will come "in January" and based on what I know now that is pretty much still on target.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 105 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 146 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 279 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 407 40.1%