rF2: Aston Martin Vantage GT3 Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
rF2 Aston Martin Vantage GT3 2.jpg

Studio 397 have released the final car of the brand new GT3 Challengers DLC for rFactor 2 - welcome the Aston Martin Vantage GT3..

Joining the previously released Porsche 911 GT3 R, McLaren 720s, Audi R8 LMS and BMW M6 GT3 that formed the initial offering of the 'GT3 Challengers' DLC, Aston Martin have now finally given final permissions to allow Studio 397 to deploy the fifth and final car of the new pack - the world's first sim racing release of the brand new Aston Martin Vantage GT3!

Available immediately for those who have purchased the 'GT3 Challengers' DLC for rFactor 2, this new Aston represents both a welcome inclusion of the Aston Martin brand to the title, and a very first appearance for the new Vantage GT3 within a sim racing game.. not bad going is it?!

As well as the new Aston Martin, a small hotfix has been released by Studio 397 for the McLaren 720s already released as part of the DLC, the details of which can be seen below:

• Fixed an issue that caused a texture conflict with the Bentley GT3
  • Added missing steering column (mostly visible in VR)

The new car is available to download via Steam now.

rFactor 2 is available exclusively for PC from Steam now.

rF2 Aston Martin Vantage GT3 1.jpg
rF2 Aston Martin Vantage GT3 4.jpg
rF2 Aston Martin Vantage GT3 3.jpg

Check out the rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for all the latest news and discussion with regards to the simulation. You can take part in lively debates with fellow rFactor 2 fans and take part in some great Club and League racing events..! Head over to the forum now!

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Last edited:
I don't know how the rf2 plugins handle vertex normals in 3dsmax (3dsmax itself of course can handle them) but at least with gjed you can not import custom vertex normals to the editor or export them to gmt as gjed does something to them (read: breaks them). This means you need to add lots of additional support loops to get the kind of clean surfaces and edges that the car is missing + the obvious issues around some seams. Maybe the plugin has this same issue which naturally hurts some parts of the car a lot when you get the rf2 vertex normals instead of something the modeller has set up in his model. Just an example the roof to windshield transition in the real car is pretty sharp edge but in the model it is extremely round. The geometry might be correct but the wrong vertex normals make it round. I'd expect to see those issues and the resulting shading issues in free to download mods made by my own level skilled modellers but not in a paid dlc cars assumedly done by pros 10+ years of experience. And what's up with those shaders. Why is the car covered in milk?

I am confused also,
because if someone passed me that car to release I would have simply refused it,
I am a big fan of your RSS GT Pack for AC and find it worth every dollar spent, absolutely brilliant pack....when are these cars coming to rFactor2 so the Race Sim Studio Dev team can show me how good cars can really look like in rF2.:):)....as I would purchase them promptly.
Note: If you are not connected to the Race Sim Studio dev team, please disregard this message.:redface::redface:

Last edited:
I am a big fan of your RSS GT Pack for AC and find it worth every dollar spent, absolutely brilliant pack....when are these cars coming to rFactor2 so the Race Sim Studio Dev team can show me how good cars can really look like in rF2.:):)....as I would purchase them promptly.
Note: If you are not connected to the Race Sim Studio dev team, please disregard this message.:redface::redface:
I believe the guys still hard at work on the RF2 implementation the last car is currently been completed 3D wise, 5 cars ingame and look really nice so far from what we have seen,
hopefully shouldnt be too long S397 are releasing there new shaders and settings so they will get updated into the pack as well at some point,

there is nothing wrong here with this RF2, as a twice purchaser of the software as I missed the steam emails when it was getting added so purchased the software again,
just feel let down slightly with some of the cars been added,
the software as so much potential its coming along really nice, the physics and the audio engine,
graphically it was always a step behind the competition,
physics wise always a step infront,
but at this stage why undo all the hard work with cars that look really bad, I am sure no one would mind waiting another 2-3 weeks to get the cars how they should be, why release them if clearly they are not ready or at the stage of been ready, idk odd choices to me,
personally I find this UI very nasty looking and confusing, hopefully soon will start using it more the software,

but like I say nothing wrong with 95% of what S397 have been doing with the engine which is remarkable, but for sure there is a few cars with big ????marks on them no doubts about it. :)

Years ago when people raved about rF2 physics tyres chassis immersion
AC and pCars lovers said repeatedly every update " oh they are getting better because they are always doing updates you will see" !

Yeah sorry........still don't see it, they still both drive ordinary in comparison

Bashing modders now ? .......... what a sad lot you are

I believe the guys still hard at work on the RF2 implementation the last car is currently been completed 3D wise, 5 cars ingame and look really nice so far from what we have seen,
hopefully shouldnt be too long S397 are releasing there new shaders and settings so they will get updated into the pack as well at some point
Thanks for taking the time to reply...absolutely looking forward to the RSS GT Pack coming to rF2 and will purchase for sure.

1:1 image (cropped, org res 2560x1600). Reasonable distance. I don't see what you're showing.

Graphical issues aside, car drives great. I'm surprised I like it so much as I've never been huge AM fan, but this baby is definitely one of the favorites. At this point I'm faster in Porsche, McLaren or Audi - probably need more practice in Aston, but at the same time it is possibly more fun to drive. @Marcel Offermans - great addition, thanks S397:thumbsup:
AMGT3_rf2.jpg

Off topic I know, but if your looking for a superb mod, look no further than the newly ungraded Flat6 Series rF2 build 5.00 by Enduracers. Just took it for a spin on the fabulous new Bridgehampton Race Circuit (LilSki /Digga conversion).

RFactor 2 reflection update rate on every car is like an ugly slow motion. It makes the car felt slow. And the multiclass grid is random not classified by each class? Or it's just me haven't found the right setting?

Last edited:
Off topic I know, but if your looking for a superb mod, look no further than the newly ungraded Flat6 Series rF2 build 5.00 by Enduracers. Just took it for a spin on the fabulous new Bridgehampton Race Circuit (LilSki /Digga conversion).
Does the front still swap ends with the rear with the slightest dab of brakes still or have they fixed the brake bias with v5?

• PHYSICS : Brake pressure is now adjustable. I don't recall if you could adjust brake bias in older builds but you're now able to.
PS. If needed you can always increase or decrease the brake bias according to your braking style and brake pressure setting used. At Spa i increased my brake bias to 60 using the default brake pressure and was able to do some heavy brake action with no problem. Don't forget to blip when down-shifting!

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back