Featured rF2: Aston Martin Vantage GT3 Released

Discussion in 'rFactor 2' started by Paul Jeffrey, Jan 10, 2019.

1. hablom1977

hablom1977

Ratings:
    +14
    Just drove some 50 laps with this beautiful Aston Martin, great work S397! :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 6
    • Beer Beer x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Ghoults

Ghoults

Ratings:
    +347
    I don't know how the rf2 plugins handle vertex normals in 3dsmax (3dsmax itself of course can handle them) but at least with gjed you can not import custom vertex normals to the editor or export them to gmt as gjed does something to them (read: breaks them). This means you need to add lots of additional support loops to get the kind of clean surfaces and edges that the car is missing + the obvious issues around some seams. Maybe the plugin has this same issue which naturally hurts some parts of the car a lot when you get the rf2 vertex normals instead of something the modeller has set up in his model. Just an example the roof to windshield transition in the real car is pretty sharp edge but in the model it is extremely round. The geometry might be correct but the wrong vertex normals make it round. I'd expect to see those issues and the resulting shading issues in free to download mods made by my own level skilled modellers but not in a paid dlc cars assumedly done by pros 10+ years of experience. And what's up with those shaders. Why is the car covered in milk?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. M D Gourley

M D Gourley
    Premium

Ratings:
    +704
    I am a big fan of your RSS GT Pack for AC and find it worth every dollar spent, absolutely brilliant pack....when are these cars coming to rFactor2 so the Race Sim Studio Dev team can show me how good cars can really look like in rF2.:):)....as I would purchase them promptly.
    Note: If you are not connected to the Race Sim Studio dev team, please disregard this message.:redface::redface:

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019 at 18:12
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Love Love x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  4. Sonoafafayon

Sonoafafayon

Ratings:
    +79
    This is from the VLN series at the Nurburgring. It raced at the VLN 8 for the first time, along with the new Audi R8 Evo. Also, it is the GT3 package.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  5. CC

CC
    Premium

Ratings:
    +6,918
    I believe the guys still hard at work on the RF2 implementation the last car is currently been completed 3D wise, 5 cars ingame and look really nice so far from what we have seen,
    hopefully shouldnt be too long S397 are releasing there new shaders and settings so they will get updated into the pack as well at some point,

there is nothing wrong here with this RF2, as a twice purchaser of the software as I missed the steam emails when it was getting added so purchased the software again,
    just feel let down slightly with some of the cars been added,
    the software as so much potential its coming along really nice, the physics and the audio engine,
    graphically it was always a step behind the competition,
    physics wise always a step infront,
    but at this stage why undo all the hard work with cars that look really bad, I am sure no one would mind waiting another 2-3 weeks to get the cars how they should be, why release them if clearly they are not ready or at the stage of been ready, idk odd choices to me,
    personally I find this UI very nasty looking and confusing, hopefully soon will start using it more the software,

but like I say nothing wrong with 95% of what S397 have been doing with the engine which is remarkable, but for sure there is a few cars with big ????marks on them no doubts about it. :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Love Love x 1
  6. whip

whip

Ratings:
    +133
    out of curiosity how close is rf2 to the new ui and competitions thingy?

• Beer Beer x 1
  7. davehenrie

davehenrie

Ratings:
    +34
    This year, near the end of first quarter is the goal I believe.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Jason Mullin

Jason Mullin
    Premium

Ratings:
    +249
    I can't see the paint in the cabin so I'm less concerned with graphic or cad imperfections, more concerned with how it drives as I'm stuck at work.
    Is it close to any of the other cars in the pack?

9. Durge Driven

Durge Driven

Ratings:
    +280
    Years ago when people raved about rF2 physics tyres chassis immersion
    AC and pCars lovers said repeatedly every update " oh they are getting better because they are always doing updates you will see" !

Yeah sorry........still don't see it, they still both drive ordinary in comparison

Bashing modders now ? .......... what a sad lot you are

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Haha Haha x 1
  10. M D Gourley

M D Gourley
    Premium

Ratings:
    +704
    Thanks for taking the time to reply...absolutely looking forward to the RSS GT Pack coming to rF2 and will purchase for sure.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  11. garyjpaterson

garyjpaterson

Ratings:
    +3,618
    :O_o: You reading the same thread I am?

• Beer Beer x 4
    • Haha Haha x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. CC

CC
    Premium

Ratings:
    +6,918
    I wondered what was happening just thought I better keep my mouth shut. :roflmao:

• Beer Beer x 1
  13. Ami_M3

Ami_M3

Ratings:
    +45
    1:1 image (cropped, org res 2560x1600). Reasonable distance. I don't see what you're showing.

Graphical issues aside, car drives great. I'm surprised I like it so much as I've never been huge AM fan, but this baby is definitely one of the favorites. At this point I'm faster in Porsche, McLaren or Audi - probably need more practice in Aston, but at the same time it is possibly more fun to drive. @Marcel Offermans - great addition, thanks S397:thumbsup: AMGT3_rf2.jpg

• Like Like x 9
    • Love Love x 1
  14. UnixRoot

UnixRoot

Ratings:
    +49
    Cars, Cars, Cars. What I really need, is that damn Nordschleife DLC. :D

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Beer Beer x 1
  15. Oldzeb

Oldzeb

Ratings:
    +74
    It's true that in terms of car physics and driving pleasure no other sim can compete and that's what we're looking for in simu I think!

• Like Like x 5
    • Haha Haha x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. dreamer al

dreamer al

Ratings:
    +160
    Off topic I know, but if your looking for a superb mod, look no further than the newly ungraded Flat6 Series rF2 build 5.00 by Enduracers. Just took it for a spin on the fabulous new Bridgehampton Race Circuit (LilSki /Digga conversion).

• Agree Agree x 4
  17. Kazuq1

Kazuq1

Ratings:
    +0
    RFactor 2 reflection update rate on every car is like an ugly slow motion. It makes the car felt slow. And the multiclass grid is random not classified by each class? Or it's just me haven't found the right setting?

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019 at 04:12
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. thepharcyde

thepharcyde

Ratings:
    +184
    Does the front still swap ends with the rear with the slightest dab of brakes still or have they fixed the brake bias with v5?

19. dreamer al

dreamer al

Ratings:
    +160
    Much the same as before, but I have "adjusted" to it :rolleyes:

20. Ace King

Ace King

Ratings:
    +179
    • PHYSICS : Brake pressure is now adjustable. I don't recall if you could adjust brake bias in older builds but you're now able to.
    PS. If needed you can always increase or decrease the brake bias according to your braking style and brake pressure setting used. At Spa i increased my brake bias to 60 using the default brake pressure and was able to do some heavy brake action with no problem. Don't forget to blip when down-shifting!

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019 at 05:59
    • Agree Agree x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.