rF2: Another Nordschleife Preview - 4 Layouts Confirmed

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
rF2 Nords Screenshot Tease.jpg

Studio 397 have released another preview image from the upcoming Nordschleife track release - confirming 4 layouts at launch... with more to follow.

Unless you've been living under a rock for the past 12 months, you are probably aware that Studio 397 have been heavily developing a laserscanned version of the legendary Nurburgring Nordschleife in Germany - and seeing as preview images keep surfacing these last couple of days, it's probably fair to assume we aren't that far away from release.. hopefully.

Interestingly, rather than the heavily criticised caption of 'counting the days' from the last image.. this time we get days replaced with hours... does that mean release date is even closer than we expected?

Also of note, rather than just dropping another image, Studio 397 have also confirmed the track will initially launch with four different configurations.. and plan on adding further layouts further down the line!

Happy times for fans of rFactor 2 are coming soon!

rFactor 2 is a racing simulation exclusively available for PC.

For more news from the world of rFactor 2, check out the RaceDepartment rFactor 2 sub forum and join in with the community discussion. If you like racing in a clean and fun environment online, why not check out the RaceDepartment rFactor 2 Racing Club? Get yourself in on the action!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

I like the track. Only two things that I find to be a downside is that there is a little too much grass in the parking lot at Brunchen .. there is more sand and stones in real life. But maybe I cant see it good in the 3 laps I have drive and it was dark in the sun ;) And I don't like the too many 397 plates around the track.
but can also understand why they do that

What I do like very well .. well everything! For this I thought the RRE Nord was the best ... but this surpasses everything, height differences, atmosphere, trees, asphalt very good!!! birds that whistle, even the bare spots between the trees at Brunchen is well done. Plantzgarten 2 has a double fence as they later added.

I am very happy S397 !!!! Best Nord good job so far. A round in my simrig with DD wheel is fitness in the 3
laps I drive :p Thanks Marcel and studio S397 :)
vln3.jpg

What about FPS and stuttering? Did you experience some performance loss?

I like the track. Only two things that I find to be a downside is that there is a little too much grass in the parking lot at Brunchen .. there is more sand and stones in real life. But maybe I cant see it good in the 3 laps I have drive and it was dark in the sun ;) And I don't like the too many 397 plates around the track.
but can also understand why they do that

What I do like very well .. well everything! For this I thought the RRE Nord was the best ... but this surpasses everything, height differences, atmosphere, trees, asphalt very good!!! birds that whistle, even the bare spots between the trees at Brunchen is well done. Plantzgarten 2 has a double fence as they later added.

I am very happy S397 !!!! Best Nord good job so far. A round in my simrig with DD wheel is fitness in the 3
laps I drive :p Thanks Marcel and studio S397 :)
View attachment 326302

They dont' take in consideration currency exchanges in their prices policy. Maybe it's because they don't have a larger market as Kunos, but in my country the Kunos and other companies prices makes more sense. I don't think US$17 is much money for US or CAN citizens but when I convert to my currency it's more than I paid for the full rF2 game, inflation considered. I bet it's a great track and rF2 physics / FFB wise is superb. If I buy Le Mans, Nords and Endurance Pack I'd pay 3 times what I paid for the full software.
Not whining, only an ascertainment .
Don't judge the price on what the full rF2 costs. It's with many services, base content is really cheap - the optional fully licenced content is where the big costs and (small)profits are made for the company.
Licenses can be more expensive than the making of the content.

• Deleted member 955978

Thank you very much for this gem S397!

A masterpiece again.

Very demanding to drive. I never spin at Eschbach.... well since today. ;)

:inlove::inlove::inlove:

just wonderful, by far the most beautiful nordschleife I have seen all sim!! finally the satisfaction of a beautiful visual on rf2!!
a pure pleasure to drive the GT on it!! and really cheap for the work provided thx S397!

So, opened Steam today and wow, Wreckfest was RM30 on sale by the way... which is about €6.50 or £5.80! Snap it up if you havent got it already.
Then I find that the new track is out for rF2, instabuy! RM55.18 which is €12.07 or £10.70
I personally dont think that is much to pay, but just to keep things in context, you can take 4 people out for a local breakfast here for about that price.
But then again, that lasts all of half an hour to an hour. This track will be practiced on and raced for what will probably end up being days in time.
And, funnily enough, F1 2019 is on sale today too. For roughly the same price as this track. You could argue that the things they have added to the latest F1 installment are not really worth RM55, yet a brand new laser scanned track for one of my favourite sims was easily the better purchase.
Can't wait to get my rig built and jump on for some laps soon!

How do you even make rF2 run at 350+ fps? That has to be running on a CPU with an insane single-threaded performance.
I don't really know, what they did to the engine. It runs great since s397 took over. I don't have a monster PC. I7 8700k, 16 GB DDR3, RTX 2070

*Edit*
It's only the Reiza cars, that I'm getting more than 300 FPS with. Just tried some other cars I only got around 200 FPS.

Still impressed by the performance optimization.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back