Rexing formula v5 - experiences?

Hello,

can´t find a lot from this wheel - any experiences out there?

Rexing formula v5

Best looking F1 wheel IMO with UGT display but without funky switch.
What do you think in comparison to CSX 2 (Cubecontrols) or Formula Pro Elite (Gomez)? The diameter of 290mm seems to be also perfect.

But I don´t want to make a 1,5k mistake here... ;)

I have this wheel, with the extra pair of pedals. Excellent wheel, the mass is centered, making the wheel feel relatively lightweight which is a must for formula cars. Yes the buttons are not backlit, but that does not bother me. I have no experience with the Gomez wheel, but the rexing one is better than the CSX2, which I had before. CSX2 gave me some problems with the buttons and their support was taking a looong time. Rexing support is good, I had few questions and they emailed back within a few hours.

Upvote 0
From experience and experience with my CSX2 and the users in the owners clubs I made,
the only issues I have personally is same as everyone else it seems,
the USB cable dongle just breaks after like 3-4hrs of use for some reason so just ordered a new one,
so if you do buy a Cube wheel maybe buy 2 spare cables incase something goes wrong,
I am still using mine but just have to twist it and kink the cable but for 2000$ youd expect it to be rock solid.

Upvote 0
I will do so for sure but the lead time was 8 weeks on my order so it will take some time...

Was in contact with Rexing during the order process for some questions and yes, they reply really fast and detailed - that was also an important decision for me pro Rexing and contra Cubecontrols.

Upvote 0
D721FB60-DE70-4318-8DF4-4C94C170BFA1.jpeg

Hi, I received my Remington F1 on Thursday. It a absolutely amazing F1 steering wheel.Review is a high-quality a little bit bigger than a Fanatec wheel. The wheel requires that you use UGT. So there is no integration to use sim hub for custom dash’s. However you can use UGT to customize the display to your preference. UGT dash customize is a bit limited in custom display you not able draw circle or squares to represent wheel or brake temperatures. To make a custom image dashboard you need to build the dashboard then export and add the background using external software and bring back to UGT. Ok you get everything. Rexing has a super job. Build quality and customer service and support to back up a great product. Forgive me for the Quality of the images. Please let me know if you need any further information.

Attachments

• 220C5586-F22C-427B-BC50-094977AA34DD.jpeg
    220C5586-F22C-427B-BC50-094977AA34DD.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 560
Upvote 0
View attachment 472980
Hi, I received my Remington F1 on Thursday. It a absolutely amazing F1 steering wheel.Review is a high-quality a little bit bigger than a Fanatec wheel. The wheel requires that you use UGT. So there is no integration to use sim hub for custom dash’s. However you can use UGT to customize the display to your preference. UGT dash customize is a bit limited in custom display you not able draw circle or squares to represent wheel or brake temperatures. To make a custom image dashboard you need to build the dashboard then export and add the background using external software and bring back to UGT. Ok you get everything. Rexing has a super job. Build quality and customer service and support to back up a great product. Forgive me for the Quality of the images. Please let me know if you need any further information.
Man well done!
we are waiting for ours me and NK ordered one months back hopefully they be able to ship it over the next week I hope,
That wheel looks insane

Upvote 0
Man well done!
we are waiting for ours me and NK ordered one months back hopefully they be able to ship it over the next week I hope,
That wheel looks insane
Hey Bro, I hope you receive the Wheel is a few days. I would suggest using a Active USB Cable. The USB cable what comes with the Wheel is coiled and when stretched it put pressure on the USB port of your computer. Fingers crossed let me know if either one of you have any question or need any help. Have a great Sunday all the best from the Netherlands

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hey Bro, I hope you receive the Wheel is a few days. I would suggest using a Active USB Cable. The USB cable what comes with the Wheel is coiled and when stretched it put pressure on the USB port of your computer. Fingers crossed let me know if either one of you have any question or need any help. Have a great Sunday all the best from the Netherlands
Hey!
Yes I never looked the length of the cable
I have a USB hub just behind my SC2 Pro base should be enough I hope, rest of my wheels seem fine
This Ascher V2 I just got a few days back this one is coiled + really short seems ok when using it

Upvote 0
View attachment 472980
Did you use the podium hub or something else to attach the wheel to the wheel base? Was that any easy process and did some form of screws come with the wheel for attaching?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi Akinjo,
I bought the Fanatec Podium hub, The Wheel from Rexing comes with screws, The process was reasonably easy. I'll send you a photo later
Hi Shaf007,

Just came across this thread here and am planning myself to get a Rexing Formula Wheel to go into CSL DD. Would you mind to share the photos to me as well please? Thanks

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The new one now has backlit buttons and a new screen and LED lights. I was going for the CSX2 but I think this is the one.

Untitled.png

To anyone who currently has a version of this wheel, can you give us some feedback on your experience?

Thanks,
Iain.

Upvote 0
The new one now has backlit buttons and a new screen and LED lights. I was going for the CSX2 but I think this is the one.

View attachment 517987

To anyone who currently has a version of this wheel, can you give us some feedback on your experience?

Thanks,
Iain.
Both me and NK own this Rexing V5, I own the CSX2 Also, both wheels I have problems with the grips, the Rexing grips for me personally with or without gloves are way too grippy, with my gloves on there is maybe a 1/2mm gap on the palm of my hands between my skin and gloves, made my hands insane sore the skin was just red for over a week, very uncomfortable, the CSX2 grips with no gloves are like ice when your hands start sweating but with gloves it’s perfectly fine so for me out of the 2 wheels would choose the CSX2 but the 6 paddles on the Rexing are insane useful to use over the CXS2 4 paddle system, but 4/5 months back the Wife buy me the Cube GTX wheel with 6 paddles and since not used the Rexing or CSX2 wheel at all + I own the GSI Formula Elite and not used this also or the Ascher V2, best wheel I own comfort wise and ergonomic wise is the Cube GTX 6 paddle wheel.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back