Resource icon

Misc Reworked AI, Rain and Grass FX, VAO's and Spectator Removal Pack (23 tracks) v3

Login or Register an account to download this content
kevink63 submitted a new resource:

Reworked AI, Rain and Grass FX, VAO's and Spectator Removal Pack (23 tracks)): - ai, vao, grass fx, rain fx, spectator removal

Well if you are like me, and hate people, especially 2D ones, or people who are low on polygons, you find them distracting and want them gone. So I began trying to remove them from some tracks. I was originally just doing it for myself, but thought I'd share.

Jumping down the rabbit hole, I decided to also add detailed rain fx, grass fx, and VAO's (some missing or broken on github), and also work on the ai for the tracks that I felt could use some help. Credit goes to Rainmaker as the ai...

Read more about this resource...

Thankyou. I agree on the fake spectators breaking immersion. I've been using the jerez1988_edited one since you posted it on GTP.

I think the Estoril folder is meant to be named 1988?

Slider gave me an extension for goldcoast if anyone would like it. It incorporated the rain fx I did. Remove .txt from attachment, unzip and install in assettocorsa folder.

Attachments

• goldcoast config Slider+KevinK2.7z.txt
    83.4 KB · Views: 58
hey, found out yesterday that when you remove the "?" after "grass" it seems to work...
(must admit i do not know what i am doing so can't tell if this has any implications elsewhere.)

[GRASS_FX]
GRASS_MATERTALS=grass

same goes for the imola circuit btw :)

Attachments

• no question.PNG
    no question.PNG
    9.3 KB · Views: 68
sorry, i did some more tinkering.
the grass in Monza is called "grass1" (in imola it is called grass2)
somehow adding "ORIGINAL_GRASS_MATERIALS =" without a name keeps the area between track and grass green.

[GRASS_FX]
GRASS_MATERIALS=grass1
SHAPE_SIZE = 1.5
HEIGHT_MULT=0,3
EDGE_MULT=1
ORIGINAL_GRASS_MATERIALS =

sorry, i did some more tinkering.
the grass in Monza is called "grass1" (in imola it is called grass2)
somehow adding "ORIGINAL_GRASS_MATERIALS =" without a name keeps the area between track and grass green.

[GRASS_FX]
GRASS_MATERIALS=grass1
SHAPE_SIZE = 1.5
HEIGHT_MULT=0,3
EDGE_MULT=1
ORIGINAL_GRASS_MATERIALS =
Thanks just updated the pack... BTW I did not see a problem with Imola, but found one at Silverstone. But I made a change to Imola to be safe anyway. Thanks again for finding the solution, I never would have guessed.

As stated in description, it only allows users to remove spectators via CM. If you don't have the "Hide All Spectators" box ticked in Content Manager/Settings/Custom Shaders Patch/Track Adjustments tab, you will still have spectators.

Last edited:
sorry for the question but I am not an expert in mods, so:
a) install the track (from your link)
b) once installed all the tracks (or the ones I need), just copy+paste your mod
is that correct ?

last question: in the readme I often see a link "sharemods" for "Easy update" ... may you please tell me what is that "Easy update" and if/how to use/install them ?

a great thank you for your help

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back