Reviving my race experience

That depends on your definition of "cheaper". If you define it as "the best bang for the buck", then yes, buying a pack will always be cheaper, as you get a discount for buying more stuff at once. If you define it as "spending as little money as possible at the moment", then obviously getting just the car and/or track is cheaper.

As for the payment itself, it's pretty much always cheaper to get a pack of vRP at the raceroomstore.com and use that to pay for your content. Other payment options are more expensive (to a varying degree).

Steam is by far the last place to ever get R3E content as far as the price is concerned. The pricing of their Steam packs is ridiculous.
Oops, shows what I know. I was gonna try and get the pack that contains lots of historic content. You think it will be more expensive than RaceRoom store, even in a Steam sale?

Well, I guess it depends what you get, and of course how big the sale discount is.

But generally, I mean...if you get all the content that's currently available on Steam, it is 150 euro, and that's not even all of the content available for the game. Yet if you get the premium pack through the in-game store and get a vRP pack to pay for it, it'll cost you 65 euro, and you will get everything currently available (so including everything that's available through Steam). That's a pretty big difference.

But if you only get a single pack or so, the difference will certainly not be as big, and it might indeed even be a bit cheaper on Steam while there's a sale. Emphasis on "might".

Steam is by far the last place to ever get R3E content as far as the price is concerned.

I would agree with this with some very minor caveats.

On occasion and in the past, you could get some very good deals on the old DTM packs, and even that Legends pack... And this would have been the absolute cheapest way to buy that specific content.

That's not really the case anymore though, but who is to say that this wont happen again.

But generally, I mean...if you get all the content that's currently available on Steam, it is 150 euro, and that's not even all of the content available for the game. Yet if you get the premium pack through the in-game store and get a vRP pack to pay for it, it'll cost you 65 euro, and you will get everything currently available (so including everything that's available through Steam). That's a pretty big difference.

This isnt really a fair comparison at all, unless the sole point you are making is to show how bad of a value buying "everything" on steam is compared to the prices in the RR store.

Basically half the dlc on steam overlaps with other dlc, so you are paying for the same exact thing twice. The DTM packs, and some of the other packs that come with tracks as an example.

Overall though, you are definitely right that buying vRP from the RR store and then buying packs of content in-game is the best way to buy content. Doing it this way also simplifies the process quite a bit and makes all of those, "how do i get the best deal on RR content" rather moot.

I bought VRPs and all the content in a sale almost 2 years ago. I'm so use to other business models that I had the feeling I was getting a full game and that suits me better.
There are still some content I never drove, while of course I'd be interested in some of the cars that came out since then... I now think I should have bought the VRPs but just bought the content I was interested in, one by one. I guess I would have spent the same amount by now but would enjoy more what I have. As it stand now, I'm not keen to put more money in, and in the past months I've been playing less and less RRE...
Just personal experience! My only advice would be to be open-minded and not consider it works like other games: they keep adding content all the time. ;)

I did exactly that, I built my R3E content slowly over the course of several months, only really getting what I "needed" to get (and there's still plenty I don't own, even though I have all the tracks), and even if I likely spent more money overall than I would've by getting the premium pack, I certainly liked this way of buying content a lot more than having to spend 70 euro all at once for content I would not likely touch for months after getting it.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back