Revised Car Performance v1.0 (.CTF Files)

I'm a bit of a noob in this respect but in my last race in Valencia I noticed I lost my rear end quite a few times, that I might not have previously... Personally I found that pretty cool, it makes for more careful driving. This w/ all assists off of course.

All,

I have reverted to v1.1 for the time being. I think I've gone too far when reducing the grip, and it no longer feels like a Formula 1 car when on full petrol and prime tires. I will continue work on v1.2 (which will likely be the final version) and offer "normal" and "reduced" grip versions.

First post updated with v1.1 link.

All,

I have reverted to v1.1 for the time being. I think I've gone too far when reducing the grip, and it no longer feels like a Formula 1 car when on full petrol and prime tires. I will continue work on v1.2 (which will likely be the final version) and offer "normal" and "reduced" grip versions.

First post updated with v1.1 link.
I play with career in this and i really have to be careful with the trothle now in out of corners.Nice job.But you really reduced grip and it's really bad feeling now:(.I was 4 second slower with this mod then with original files:(.Which is quite slow.

• Deleted member 137812

Reduced grip is fine with me bro, love it. Sadly enough I crashed a couple of times halfway the 100% race hehe.

• Deleted member 137812

I have to get back at my last post. For example at Melbourne the AI doesnt take the last turn properly now because they seem to have a lack of grip now, this cost them to much time. Driving the version w/o reduced grip now and it works great! ;)

Demy,

I've found the same. My first wet race with v1.2 was laughable! Seemed like it was everyone's first time driving in the rain. I think 18 DNFs before I pulled the plug halfway into the race. LOL!

I will review v1.1 and make some minor adjustments (mainly to the final drive ratios, as I think a lot of cars were hitting the limiter early), and then submit a v1.3 "final" to RD as an official download.

Thank you, everyone, for your feedback!

Demy,
I will review v1.1 and make some minor adjustments (mainly to the final drive ratios, as I think a lot of cars were hitting the limiter early), and then submit a v1.3 "final" to RD as an official download.

Hey Johnny, just found this mod (can't believe I didn't know about it earlier >.<). Saw your last post was almost a month ago. Obviously no pressure lol, but is there any update on v1.3?

Thanks mate! Can't wait to try out this mod later today :D

He reduced front and rear grip for every car in the CTF it was good for player but not so good for AI. They are sliding at some corners
Yes, and it was even worse on heavy fuel.
The original grip numbers were 1.0 front, 1.1 rear. My 1.0 and 1.1 versions made this 1.05 front, 1.1 rear. My 1.2 version was 0.95 front, 1.0 rear. Even that small an adjustment made a huge (though disappointing) difference in the game!

Yes, and it was even worse on heavy fuel.
The original grip numbers were 1.0 front, 1.1 rear. My 1.0 and 1.1 versions made this 1.05 front, 1.1 rear. My 1.2 version was 0.95 front, 1.0 rear. Even that small an adjustment made a huge (though disappointing) difference in the game!

Hmm...I installed v1.1 and found I had much less grip than before. Though you say you increased the grip values. I also saw you changed some of the aero values...is that what makes the car feel less grip-y overall?

Hi, Johnny and everyone else. As well as being an obsessive F1 fan, I am also a mathematician/mathematical physicist. I know very little about modding or game programming, but if I can help by answering any math or physics questions, feel free to ask. I'll do my best to provide useful information. Thanks for your efforts.

Sorry to do this, but if anyone has the original CTF files to upload for me that would be great.
I backed up my F1 2012 on another HDD and forgot it had all the originals in it.

I just need the track and Balanced files.

Thanks in advance. :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back