F1 2017 Reviews on Modding/ People's"Problems"

F1 2017 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi guys,

I have to say something about it, cause it disturbes me over and over again within the years of modding here. People doens't read descriptions or have no clues about modding or what is at least possible to mod. All Mods are free and made in free time of people like me, so please be a bit polite when writing and think about, what you write. A lot of good mods got bad ratings, just because people doens't know anything about it or complaining about things which are just not possible to do.
Maybe somebody think before he rates something after he reads this.. Thank you!

I agree with you, if they encouter problems with installing mods they rate it badly as well. There is a support tab on the download page of the mod or just go in the forums if you dont understand something. Creating mod takes a lot of time and effort from the mod creator.

Hi guys,

I have to say something about it, cause it disturbes me over and over again within the years of modding here. People doens't read descriptions or have no clues about modding or what is at least possible to mod. All Mods are free and made in free time of people like me, so please be a bit polite when writing and think about, what you write. A lot of good mods got bad ratings, just because people doens't know anything about it or complaining about things which are just not possible to do.
Maybe somebody think before he rates something after he reads this.. Thank you!
This childish argument again? Modding is so widespread that most people know what it involves now. You just want your ego stroked most of the time because you can't handle any sort of criticism, and you're making a big mistake by speaking on behalf of others and assuming they're as thin-skinned as you are. You're setting one hell of a negative example for up-and-coming modders too.

From what I've seen on here, most good mods get the ratings they deserve. It's only when the mods have serious issues or the modders are being childish (a more common occurrence on RD than in other places) that they start to get bad ratings, which is exactly as it should be.

If you're a good modder and don't have a problem with your own ego, you'll rarely have problems. Simple as that. Just because you do it for free doesn't mean you're free from being called out. Don't like it, don't do it. Nothing's stopping you from making mods just for yourself.

EDIT: In fact... did you just make this post because one guy gave you a goddamn 4-star rating? For a legitimate issue in an incomplete mod? Are you out of your mind? I originally went into this with the assumption that you were at least putting the effort required to really have much of a say on this, but no, that mod in question really is incomplete and you're blowing one comment (from a guy who gave you FOUR STARS) way out of proportion.

Last edited:
I had it a few times in the past were people rated 3/5 and complained about something I either was not able to change due to game restrictions or because they didn't get the point (like pit limiter for manual pit stop mod...) and had no clue.
But that's how people are, I could complain more about receiving no ratings for some mods or just a few when a couple thousands of downloads have been done.
If people give more reviews, the foolish reviews would not count in the result big way and the modders would get a "well done buddy" stamp which may motivates them even more to create new mods.

I had it a few times in the past were people rated 3/5 and complained about something I either was not able to change due to game restrictions or because they didn't get the point (like pit limiter for manual pit stop mod...) and had no clue.
But that's how people are, I could complain more about receiving no ratings for some mods or just a few when a couple thousands of downloads have been done.
If people give more reviews, the foolish reviews would not count in the result big way and the modders would get a "well done buddy" stamp which may motivates them even more to create new mods.
Generally this is only a problem for mods that barely get downloaded, which is usually those that don't bring enough to the table or are incomplete and more rarely those that are simply made for less popular games. For the rest, you often get more than enough ratings simply due to the higher number of downloaders, as can be seen in the AMS and AC downloads sections.

This childish argument again? Modding is so widespread that most people know what it involves now. You just want your ego stroked most of the time because you can't handle any sort of criticism, and you're making a big mistake by speaking on behalf of others and assuming they're as thin-skinned as you are. You're setting one hell of a negative example for up-and-coming modders too.

From what I've seen on here, most good mods get the ratings they deserve. It's only when the mods have serious issues or the modders are being childish (a more common occurrence on RD than in other places) that they start to get bad ratings, which is exactly as it should be.

If you're a good modder and don't have a problem with your own ego, you'll rarely have problems. Simple as that. Just because you do it for free doesn't mean you're free from being called out. Don't like it, don't do it. Nothing's stopping you from making mods just for yourself.

EDIT: In fact... did you just make this post because one guy gave you a goddamn 4-star rating? For a legitimate issue in an incomplete mod? Are you out of your mind? I originally went into this with the assumption that you were at least putting the effort required to really have much of a say on this, but no, that mod in question really is incomplete and you're blowing one comment (from a guy who gave you FOUR STARS) way out of proportion.

"You just want your ego stroked most of the time because you can't handle any sort of criticism"

Simply wrong. Who asked me in a normal way about anything with modding help or about my mods will recieve a answer from me. That was also one reason why I did already did a tutorial on how to install mods with the ERP Archiever on this forum section. It is more a problem of this forum or the F1 section, I don't know. I did Fifa Modding for more then three years on a german page fifaplanet, people are not so offended and childish as you would call it there.
I got criticism for my first 17er Toro Rosso mod, because it was broken and we had the savegame issue. People were right back then and I was thankful for their answers and feedback they gave me.

"You're setting one hell of a negative example for up-and-coming modders too."

Ok, so modders should be getting bad ratings for problems other people are responsible for. And by the way, I think everybody here is old enough, I don't have and want to be an example for anybody.

"It's only when the mods have serious issues or the modders are being childish"

For example I got a one star rating on the WIlliams skin, because somebody did something wrong and gives a bad rating with the description "Does not save" which is clearly his fault. Thats exactly what I'm talking about, not bad ratings as themselves, People like this who gives the mistakes to others. But you are calling me childish, ok then I am.

Sorry, upon here it is your opinion and I respect that, but your EDIT part is kind of funny..
Your are calling me "out of Mind" and say it has a legitimate issue in an incomplete mod? The description says : Helmets NOT included. The things which are in the mod are clear to see and all there. So it is correct to call something incomplete because of something which is not planned to be in the mod at all? Like you went in a restaurant, order yourself a Steak and call it not so good, because you dont get any extras which aren't in the offer anyway?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 393 16.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 263 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 253 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 185 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 313 13.0%